Murder At Lai Thai Guest House Kotchasarn Road

NormanChomsky

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what more can be said that hasn't been said already? In all the years of being in Thailand I've never seen a BG leave with an Indian or Pakistani - ever.

Except for one RIP, what has been said? unsure.png As the link is in Thai, I can't read it.

Though photo is small and eyes are weak would swear that is owner/manageress of Midnight Bar Wifey and I saw her three days ago (she buys traditional medicine from wife) I know she is married/separated to a foreigner but I only know her by her nickname.

Known her about three years (before she had a bar at Loi Kroh) and never ever saw her go with a customer She was not short of a few quid (gold and property)

The place has been up for sale and I wonder if she went off to discuss prospective business deal.

Quite suprised if she was "working". She's a bit older, not much English, rather plain, and not really a fun person unless you knew her a long time

Can anyone confirm that it is her as will have to break news to wifey. Then again might just get her to read cm108 article and ring someone that I know works there.

I see CM108 already have security camera footage of alleged offender up already. Looks like the BIB are serious on this one as well.

And is it an Indian/South Asian dude for sure? First thing many girls in the area pointed out was that 'khaek' means both South-Asian as well as 'Guest', which is a common euphemism for any (Farang) john.

I see CM108 already have security camera footage of alleged offender up already. Looks like the BIB are serious on this one as well.

And is it an Indian/South Asian dude for sure? First thing many girls in the area pointed out was that 'khaek' means both South-Asian as well as 'Guest', which is a common euphemism for any (Farang) john.

I've only heard khek used to describe Indians, The cctv picture on cm108 confirms this.

We digress but wifey refers to Indians and the like as "bad skin colour" as opposed to your run of the mill Farang for all caucasians. Not politically correct for sure but thats never been a Thai strong point.

The manageress did have a bf a while back from Malaysia which is now pretty cosmopolitan as far as Indians/Tamils and the like so perhaps was not as discerning about the skin colour as most Thais (that I know) seem to be

Edited by mamborobert

I've only heard khek used to describe Indians, The cctv picture on cm108 confirms this.

Yes. Further talking about this confirms it's a non-farang dude, but not necessarily Indian or Arab; could be Brunei or Malaysia.

Currently staying at Lai Thai, have been here with friends since the 12th. Feel very sad for Duangdeun Harris, & her family who were here today. A lot of guest did leave last night and this morning.. I had a look at the surveilance photo, as there is two men in the photo, which one is the one the Police think is the perp??

Currently staying at Lai Thai, have been here with friends since the 12th. Feel very sad for Duangdeun Harris, & her family who were here today. A lot of guest did leave last night and this morning.. I had a look at the surveilance photo, as there is two men in the photo, which one is the one the Police think is the perp??

It's a picture of the alleged perp and the woman who was killed, according to the text below the picture. Little strange as the woman doesn't look like the earlier picture.

post-2-0-25957700-1350634130.jpg

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

kaek actually is used for muslims,as well as customers. this is a sad story,hope they catch this scrote.

For legal reasons I cannot go into too much detail, but here is an outline of the situation.

Mrs Duangdeun Harris and known as Oi to her friends and customers was married to a farang as a front person for a partnership involving more than one foreigner for the owing and running of certain bar establishments in Chiang Mai.

Over the last couple of years, the businesses have gone into decline due to the decrease of tourists and have accumulated a substantial amount of debts. They were seeking people to either buy the businesses, or help bail them out and of ways to pacify those who had become involved, either customers or those who had financial interests in the businesses.

Lots of dodgy characters and deals went down here, similar to who is involved and what lies behind many other adult entertainment establishments in Chiang Mai.

My last words on the subject, is only to say that a police investigation is ongoing.

Edited by Beetlejuice

For legal reasons I cannot go into too much detail, but here is an outline of the situation.

Mrs Duangdeun Harris and known as Oi to her friends and customers was married to a farang as a front person for a partnership involving more than one foreigner for the owing and running of certain bar establishments in Chiang Mai.

Over the last couple of years, the businesses have gone into decline due to the decrease of tourists and have accumulated a substantial amount of debts. They were seeking people to either buy the businesses, or help bail them out and of ways to pacify those who had become involved, either customers or those who had financial interests in the businesses.

Lots of dodgy characters and deals went down here, similar to who is involved and what lies behind many other adult entertainment establishments in Chiang Mai.

My last words on the subject, is only to say that a police investigation is ongoing.

Nothing there new at all. The place has been for sale for months, she would have told you, as would staff, and if you could not get it from there then there was the constant for sale sign out the front.

Had one tentative buyer and that fell through. There are no other "interests".

There is no farang partnership she owned and owed it all herself. she did own a bar as a front in CEC years ago. German husband shot through a while ago and she has been intermitently involved with a guy from Malaysia.

The funeral arrangements started yesterday at her house in Hang Dong.

Posts such as this that continue to post about the "seedy criminal underground" give me the sh*ts, more than half the bars are owned by farangs and more than a few have BIB involment in ownership or tea money. If you wanted to start a massive criminal enterprise I would suggest that the "declining" bars in sleepy Chiang Mai are not the best way to go finance wise as Oi (once sponsor left the scene) and others have found out.

Your diatribe/s do nothing more than seek to capitalise on this poor womans misfortune to promote your long held and espoused views on the bar scene. Here's a big tip...its not about you its about her.

Don't make this more than what it is, some opportunistic grub killed a human being who was trying to do the best she could for her family.

Thsi will be your "last words' until your next holier than thou post on the bar scene and your claimed in house knowledge from your son in the BIB (integrity displayed by leaking infromation for you to post speaks volumes about him and your posts).

I should be sol lucky that this is your last post on the bar scene...........

Before more spurious information and graphic photos gets published perhaps some consideration ought to be given to her two sons and greiving father.

Totally agree with most of what you say. This is about a tragic murder victim who died a horrific death at the hands of a maniac.

Would you be willing to send all what you know into a police station, especially regarding this Malaysian fellow and help with their enquiries to apprehend the murderer?

Otherwise it`s as you say; buyer beware, all a very sad state of affairs indeed.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Now, I know which bar that is. I was playing dominoes there in August. I started going in there in 2006, and I recall the place being owned by an American, who was working in Iraq half the year. Place always had an above average friendliness. One of the girls there once rescued a friend, visiting from Hua Hin, from a ladyboy.

German husband shot through a while ago and she has been intermitently involved with a guy from Malaysia.

Harris isn't a German surname, did she marry again?

Quite tragic indeed.

How can I put this....her last husband was German I don't think she got round to changing a lot of details from prior husband/s.

Most recently had hooked up semi long term with a guy from Malaysia.

Still no update from her friends/family (or Thai media it seems) on any arrest.