Birds

turnpike

Anyone out there have birdfeeders on their land? I've got a "to do" list a mile long, and putting up a feeder is towards the end of it, is it worth the effort? Can you buy bird seed? I've not seen much for birds here other than your common sparrow.

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.

Anyone out there have birdfeeders on their land? I've got a "to do" list a mile long, and putting up a feeder is towards the end of it, is it worth the effort? Can you buy bird seed? I've not seen much for birds here other than your common sparrow.

not wanting to be negative, but the creedence in Isaan ,is and always will be, if it is alive and aint human, EAT IT!! putting up a bird feeder is a great idea to add a bit of variety to your neighbours diet, years ago I bought a parrot in chatuchak, took it back to the village, I was away for a few days came back, you guessed it ! the family ate it :o only comment was how tough it was and next time bring young bird not old one :D nignoy

Re bird seed.

My local pet shop had very poor quality seed.

Sunflower (Thai), was very dirty, for a few extra baht, I could get clean "Hungarian" sunflower seed... go figure.

If you are in BKK try Birdland for quality seed, good luck and update us. :o

Hi Turnpike

The birds will be very grateful for the food but a word of warning, they will promptly set up home in your roof and it will resemble a hayloft :o

TBWG

not wanting to be negative, but the creedence in Isaan ,is and always will be, if it is alive and aint human, EAT IT!! putting up a bird feeder is a great idea to add a bit of variety to your neighbours diet, years ago I bought a parrot in chatuchak, took it back to the village, I was away for a few days came back, you guessed it ! the family ate it :D only comment was how tough it was and next time bring young bird not old one :D nignoy

Bird feeder... i feed them with my "Air Riffle" :o

but for support have to say atleast here in Ubon haven't saw any :D