Pickup - Which Is The Most Comfortable Ride And Fuel Economy?

thaicruze

wow that sucks! I don't think I could buy a vehicle that I didn't first test drive. I drove the BT-50 before deciding to book it. Test drove the Ranger around the parking lot at the motor expo which was nearly pointless. Also was offered a test drive in the Isuzu but lost interest before hand.

Not all dealers in Thailand are a loss as my mazda dealer is excellent. And that's why for me, quality of service is one of the deciding factors of my purchase.

Actually, in their defence, I think that my local Mazda did actually have a model available for test drive. It wasn't what I wanted so I didn't bother.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 7-year old wide gaping trapezoid mouth design language used on the current gen Lancer and Outlander is being retired.. Mitsu's lastest design language can be seen on the 2013 Outlander:

2012outlander500x300.jpg

As far as I can see this photo is for the 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Plug-in Hybrid.

As for others will they also look like this or like the below ?

post-42643-0-90439200-1350779850_thumb.j

post-42643-0-12387900-1350779883_thumb.j

post-42643-0-98378900-1350779909_thumb.j

post-42643-0-27021700-1350779944_thumb.j

post-42643-0-58615700-1350779974_thumb.j

post-42643-0-95094900-1350780006_thumb.j

So what is the 2013 Mitsubishi look ?

As I already pointed out ;)

As I already pointed out wink.png

Guess all the worldwide websites show the new 2013 Mitsubishi range, have got it wrong... The website in Australia shows the 2013/14 diesel SUV 'made in Thailand' with the 'wide gaping trapezoid mouth design' with the thick bar running through it, looked yesterday the new Mirage also has the same mouth design same as the others with the thick bar running through it only being a much smaller car not as noticeable as that bar is the bumper............there were 5 at the local markets yesterday...... 1 was white and the mouth grill was black mesh. above and below the bar/bumper so really stood out. appeared to be the wide gaping trapezoid mouth design, the others were colour coded so did not notice.

Not thinking of buying any Mitsubishi range, so will not sway me one way or the other., just try to keep up with all the makes and models coming out soon.

Edited by ignis

Think the op was asking about comfort? To me that is leg /headroom and seating etc.. Was driving SILs newish Vigo ..very quiet and comfortable except after 6 hours on and off driving my lower back started to ache.( more so than my old B2500?), looked for lumber adjustment..nada....a cushion worked though.

The BT50 has a lumber adjustment I noticed...they are a worthwhile comfort methinks ..had one in my ancient Jackaroo.

All the bells and whistles on new vehicles are nice to haves of course. Thumping out "Copper Head Road" or Vietnam era stuff on a longish solo road trip keeps one awake!

Definitely gonna get GPS on next truck ..methinks a comfort aid inasmuch as blood pressure and marital bliss is maintained.....tongue.png

Guess all the worldwide websites show the new 2013 Mitsubishi range, have got it wrong... The website in Australia shows the 2013/14 diesel SUV 'made in Thailand' with the 'wide gaping trapezoid mouth design' with the thick bar running through it, looked yesterday the new Mirage also has the same mouth design same as the others with the thick bar running through it only being a much smaller car not as noticeable as that bar is the bumper............there were 5 at the local markets yesterday...... 1 was white and the mouth grill was black mesh. above and below the bar/bumper so really stood out. appeared to be the wide gaping trapezoid mouth design, the others were colour coded so did not notice.

Not thinking of buying any Mitsubishi range, so will not sway me one way or the other., just try to keep up with all the makes and models coming out soon.

If my sources are correct, try to imagine that new Outlander nose grafted onto a VW Amarok, and you'd be pretty close.. Time will tell :)

If my sources are correct, try to imagine that new Outlander nose grafted onto a VW Amarok, and you'd be pretty close.. Time will tell smile.png

Do your sources have any thoughts on timing of the new Mitsu truck wink.png ? My sales manager has gone very quiet on the subject recently and she is trying to put me off buying a new one at the moment so thinking they are pulling the launch forward?

Do your sources have any thoughts on timing of the new Mitsu truck wink.png ? My sales manager has gone very quiet on the subject recently and she is trying to put me off buying a new one at the moment so thinking they are pulling the launch forward?

All indicators still point to a (late?) H2 2013 release..

I haven't seen/heard any reports of final validation yet (no test mules spotted), so that indicates there's still a while to go before tooling even begins.. Normally it'll take the Japanese 6-9 months between final validation and full-scale production for an all-new model..

I'm hearing many talk about the BT-50. I'll have a look.

I like the DMax a lot, but I keep hearing DMax ad Colorado in the same sentence every time. If I sell the Chevy I'd rather not go back to Chevy.

Edited by thaicruze

Mazda and Isuzu are both good. The Isuzu is softer suspension and a indirect steering.

I can understand that Isuzu in Thailand has high sales figures, but have decided on the Mazda and am satisfied.

A short test drive shows quickly on the basic differences.

I like the DMax a lot, but I keep hearing DMax ad Colorado in the same sentence every time. If I sell the Chevy I'd rather not go back to Chevy.

Why Not?

I thought that as well .. why nit go back to Chevy. I though they was the <deleted> :ph34r:

sent from my ..................#

For someone who was apparently such a defender of Chevy, that seems to say something about your car... Why not another Chevy as they are the "creme de la creme" (at least in your words)?:lol:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

I think all pickups are bumpy as hell.

I think the Hilux rides a little smoother than my Ranger. Plus the Hulix doesnt look too bad when its not silver

Ha ha!, my Hilux does too, that's after I changed springs/shock absorbers, wheels/tyres and lowered it all round. Squeezed out some extra hp from the D4D too, so capable of seeing most things off. Mind you at the weekend I was given a drubbing by a new Range Rover Evoque - ph34r.png

The Hilux looks good in white too, de stickered/badged mine, plus a local window tinting guy put some go faster stuff on the doors. Could'nt help myself. Owned an XR2 as a young un.

For someone who was apparently such a defender of Chevy, that seems to say something about your car... Why not another Chevy as they are the "creme de la creme" (at least in your words)?laugh.png

I think Eleanor Roosevelt may have the answer to this one.. "If someone betrays you once, its their fault; if they betray you twice, its your fault"

All indicators still point to a (late?) H2 2013 release..

I haven't seen/heard any reports of final validation yet (no test mules spotted), so that indicates there's still a while to go before tooling even begins.. Normally it'll take the Japanese 6-9 months between final validation and full-scale production for an all-new model..

Thanks for the reply, always an appreciated source of info.

I assume you are not going to come back under the old name who was always so important on this forum? thumbsup.gif

The OP asked 2 question.

Which truck has the most comfortable ride, And this can not be answered. What I think and what the next person thinks depends on their size, medical condition. where they drive and a long list of factors.

The second question is about economy. And that is simple Numbers. Triton CNG and Toyota CNG are by far the lowest cost per KM with under (well under in some areas) 1 Bt. per km

It is that simple. If your looking for low price per km to travel that is the only answer. I drive a lot Have a Triton CNG and pay about 0.7 baht per km on fuel. For me the triton has a good balance of sportyness, ruggedness, and long days in the drivers seat comfort.

For someone who was apparently such a defender of Chevy, that seems to say something about your car... Why not another Chevy as they are the "creme de la creme" (at least in your words)?laugh.png

Well, I don't use phrases like "creme de la creme". I have never typed that, but if you can find the quote link it.

Also, I never really defended Chevy. All I said was that I liked the Cruze. Also, that you guys said my Cruze would fall apart in a year and that nobody would buy it. Now, the Cruze is everywhere on the road and my car didn't fall apart. That's all I said.

Other Chevy cars I don't like, and I've also said I don't like Chevy trucks. Especially the new Trailblazer. I've said it looks cheap and smells of cheap plastic inside. Also, the Captiva still looks like a Zafira inside.

The only Chevy cars worth buying for me would be Cruze and the 5 door Sonic (hate the back of the 4 door Sonic).

But now that the new Ford Focus is out, the Cruze isn't that nice.

Edited by thaicruze

Well, I don't use phrases like "creme de la creme". I have never typed that, but if you can find the quote link it.

Also, I never really defended Chevy. All I said was that I liked the Cruze. Also, that you guys said my Cruze would fall apart in a year and that nobody would buy it. Now, the Cruze is everywhere on the road and my car didn't fall apart. That's all I said.

Other Chevy cars I don't like, and I've also said I don't like Chevy trucks. Especially the new Trailblazer. I've said it looks cheap and smells of cheap plastic inside. Also, the Captiva still looks like a Zafira inside.

The only Chevy cars worth buying for me would be Cruze and the 5 door Sonic (hate the back of the 4 door Sonic).

But now that the new Ford Focus is out, the Cruze isn't that nice.

If you are going to keep your car for 3 or 5 years, then get yet another Toyota or Honda.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/488190-i-bought-a-chevy-cruze/page__st__50#entry4608174

Fortuners are just pick up trucks with seats in the back.

Get a Captiva.

A 10 year old Fortuner will be worth, how much more than a 6 year old Captiva? I missed that. Give us the numbers.

Another falang myth. Chevys won't be worth anything as soon as you drive them off the lot

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/325041-misubishi-pajero-chevy-captiva/page__st__75#entry4640073

I rest my case. "Creme de la crème" was my own French expression to translate your adoration for GM. I did not say your car would fall apart... But just a little bit of objectivity is always appreciated. thumbsup.gif

What happened to the issue of resale and the best choice, which was to buy a Honda/Toyota for 3 to 5 years? I remember you serving us an elaborate description of your repayments and how that did not impact your lifestyle.

I am sure you are aware that changing car every 3 to 5 years means a heavy impact on the total cost of ownership? Obviously, those who have a car in perfect state and furthermore own a car such as a Fortuner or an Accord see that impact somewhat minimized.

Silly question: why are you asking this calculation now, when your acquisition is only planned for within three to five years?

By then, the Isuzu might have changed, the prices might have changed, interest rates might have shot up, and the various components may have gone up or down in price. Anyway, as of now, you can add about 60 K for the accessory pack (don't remember anymore the details, but do a research on Isuzu and you will find the thread of a recent buyer). About 25-30 K for the bars.

Interesting comparison of Ranger, Colorado, Hilux and Anorak Amorak from a US perspective in Australia!

http://special-repor...ut-results.html

Pity no Triton or Navara. Also Australian specs slightly different.

Navara is an old model, I would expect the score to be even less than the Hilux. But where is the BT 50?

I expect the BT50 was assumed to be similar to the Ford, or of less interest to US readers. Isuzu sell a version of the Dmax in Australia which was left out of the story as well. The Navara is an old model so it probably would seem dated, like the Hilux.