Red Bull Heir Did 'coke' Before Bangkok Accident

webfact

Red Bull heir did 'coke' before accident

The Nation

cok1.png

File photo

BANGKOK: -- Traces of cocaine were found in the blood of the Red Bull heir who ran a traffic-police officer over with his Ferrari this year.

The Thong Lor Police Station told the media yesterday that Vorayuth Yoovidhya, 27, the youngest son of Red Bull tycoon Chalerm Yoovidhya, did indeed have traces of cocaine in his blood as well as more alcohol than is permissible by law on the day of the accident.

Vorayuth was scheduled to make his way through the circus of reporters at the police station to hear his charges yesterday. Pol Lieutenant Akarawin Sukhonthawit, deputy commander and acting chief of the Thong Lor Police Station, said yesterday evening that though the suspect was supposed to show up in the afternoon, he had not been seen yet.

Akarawin said the suspect would have to explain to police why he could not show up, especially since he has postponed meetings with police several times already. If he failed to show up at the end of the day, police would consider confiscating the bail money and seeking an arrest warrant.

Police have also asked medical experts to verify how the use of cocaine can affect one's mental abilities, and said this latest discovery would lead to an additional charge against Vorayuth.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-10-20

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pol Lieutenant Akarawin Sukhonthawit, deputy commander and acting chief of the Thong Lor Police Station, said yesterday evening that though the suspect was supposed to show up in the afternoon, he had not been seen yet.

What a surprise, but I guess he will have a valid reason, undoubtedly supported by a prominent doctor's medical diagnosis of erm...

My wife had worked for the Red Bull corp. prior to the founders death. Spoke highly of him yet very poorly of his kids and grand children being greedy brats. Soon after his death, many of the benefits and perks of working at Red Bull were removed to increase profits and save money for the company. many of the workers who have been there for10 years and more are leaving in droves. And the Children and grand children are running the company into the ground in no time.

Edited by Scott
formatting

Unfortunately this arrest has to be turned into a political matter for justice to be served.

With the family of the offender being who they are we all know that left to the system this would have a very different outcome.

Starting with the fact that they've already tried to switch the blame to his passenger, that they have already tried to sway justice with the assistance of the stations top man (who I believe has been removed)

I'm sorry but this case has to be kept firmly in the full view of the public eye with the outcome printed for all to see.

As for his non appearance yesterday afternoon I do not understand why the police came out with the statement that "if he didn't show up" by the end of the day they would "consider" confiscating the bail money & issuing an arrest warrant.

This young offender is on a serious charge of at least manslaughter if not murder !!

He has broken his terms of bail & should be arrested immediately without question & detained until his case is heard in court.

He was not asked to come to court he was Summoned!!

He was shown leniency & given bail but has shown no remorse for his actions & now shows contempt for the courts, leniency should now be withdrawn !

Lets hope that the PM's 'transparency' that she is promoting is given to this case!

Strike 1: Kills a motorcyclist while allegedly speeding

Strike 2: Motorcyclist is a policeman

Strike 3: Leaves scene of accident without stopping

Strike 4: Tries to put blame on family staff member

Strike 5: Over the alcohol limit

Strike 6: Cocaine in bloodstream

Strike 7: Doesn't feel like turning up to Police station again to hear charges.

But will it be enough strikes for someone from such a rich and powerful family to serve jail time?

Nope and he will probably still drive in the celebrity race at the 2014 grand prix.

Edited by softgeorge

But will it be enough strikes for someone from such a rich and powerful family to serve jail time?

I assume the question is rhetorical

"Police have also asked medical experts to verify how the use of cocaine can affect one's mental abilities, and said this latest discovery would lead to an additional charge against Vorayuth."

Well, now I know why there is no drug awareness among the students in Thailand. If the police don't have a clue about the affects of drugs and need a medical expert to tell them, why should one expect anyone else to have this awareness? giggle.gif

• Like 1

Nope and he will probably still drive in the celebrity race at the 2014 grand prix.

The Safety Car?

• Like 2

Would this story have been so high-hitting if he was still the heir to Red-Bull but; Red- Bull was a Citroen sponsor, and he'd been driving a 2CV?

I do wonder!

-mel.

Seriously? The make of the car has nothing to do with the story . . . it's all about the actions and attitude of the driver and his family, i.e. no remorse, think they are above the law, know they can pretty much get away with murder etc etc. . . .fairly typical attitudes to be honest with respect to the "hi-so" here.