Thai Democrats Ordered Use Of Snipers: Korkaew

webfact

it seems many here are forgetting the crackdown weeks before near democracy (ironic isnt it) monument. I was refering to the tanks that were brought in there to clear a pieceful protest. I walked through that protest (on my way to Ko San) and saw absoulutely no weapons or "men in black" or anything else that would suggest anything but a peiceful protest. The next day I am seeing videos on youtube of unarmed people being shot in the head. The day after I went back and saw that burger king's front wall looked like swiss cheese, disabled tanks on the street and 10's of protestor coffins surronding the monument.

I have trouble understanding how people can hate Taksin soo much that they are willing to overlook blatent crimes against humanity such as these. For the record, I am not a fan of Taksin, my ideology falls closer with the yellow shirts but they give all capitalist a bad name when they do such things.

You saw A video of a protester being shot in the head, but you would have no idea who shot him. You also seem to have missed the videos of the armed "protesters" shooting at the army, and probably missed the reports by the TRCT of the armed men being dropped off in the evening of the 10th and being supported by some red shirt protesters.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At no point in the demonstrations was I aware that war had been declared - shots may have been fired by both sides but they were done by radical factions and all should face real legal justice.

You seem to be trying to imply equal guilt on both sides. When authorities are engaged in a stand-off with hijackers, and the outcome is death on both sides, it's not usual to treat the deaths of the hijackers by the police in the same manner as the deaths of the police by the hijackers, because one side is there legally armed as part of their job of trying to restore law and minimize injury and death, and the other side is there breaking the law and illegally armed.

Have you seen the Youtube video with the Redshirt flag waver getting the top of his head removed by a sniper - don't tell me a flag is now an offensive weapon.

If he was shot by someone from the red side, it wouldn't matter what he was waving, as he was simply being used as a sacrificial lamb to increase tension and pressure on the government. I don't know that he was shot by the red side, but i don't know that he wasn't. And nor do you. So what is your point?

are you listening to yourself? your implying they were killing themselves to make a point cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

even if there were a few protesters on the fringe using firecrackers to fight back, it does not make it right for the government to open fire. i also dont remember any violence before the army showed up with TANKS!!! dont forget they brought in the TANKS to clear the protesters. imagine if they did that anywhere in the west....

http://wn.com/snipers_hidden_in_red_shirt_protesters_firing_m79_to_troops

At no point in the demonstrations was I aware that war had been declared - shots may have been fired by both sides but they were done by radical factions and all should face real legal justice.

You seem to be trying to imply equal guilt on both sides. When authorities are engaged in a stand-off with hijackers, and the outcome is death on both sides, it's not usual to treat the deaths of the hijackers by the police in the same manner as the deaths of the police by the hijackers, because one side is there legally armed as part of their job of trying to restore law and minimize injury and death, and the other side is there breaking the law and illegally armed.

Have you seen the Youtube video with the Redshirt flag waver getting the top of his head removed by a sniper - don't tell me a flag is now an offensive weapon.

If he was shot by someone from the red side, it wouldn't matter what he was waving, as he was simply being used as a sacrificial lamb to increase tension and pressure on the government. I don't know that he was shot by the red side, but i don't know that he wasn't. And nor do you. So what is your point?

are you listening to yourself? your implying they were killing themselves to make a point cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

even if there were a few protesters on the fringe using firecrackers to fight back, it does not make it right for the government to open fire. i also dont remember any violence before the army showed up with TANKS!!! dont forget they brought in the TANKS to clear the protesters. imagine if they did that anywhere in the west....

Let me give you a history lesson my friend.

1) the firing of an M79 into the 11th Infantry Regiment on January 28, 2010;

2) the firing of grenades during the incidents at Kok Wua intersection on April 10, 2010, which caused 5 deaths of soldiers (including that of Col Romklao);

3) the firing into the oil depot at Prathum Thani on April 21, 2010;

4) the firing of an M79 into the BTS station at Sala-Daeng on April 22, 2010, which caused 2 deaths and 78 injuries;

5) the firing of an RPGs into Dusit-Thani Hotel on May 17, 2010

6) the firing attack into the police flat at Lumpini Police Station on May 19, 2010, causing deaths and injuries of police officers and their families;

7) the firing of an M16 on police officers and soldiers in front of the Krung Thai Bank, Sala-Daeng Branch, on May 7, 2010, which caused 1 death and 2 injuries of policemen;

8) the firing into the UCL building on May 14, 2010, causing 1 deaths and 4 injuries of police officers.

imagine if they did that anywhere in the west....

Edited by Nickymaster

Fire crackers ? laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

The grenade they launched into the BTS station, you call a firecracker? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Well the army were using the BTS for sniper vantage points so fair game.

Your a brave man to go against the news fourm, what is it 10 to 1.

Even if the democrats did ordered the snipers to kill people, you have to say it was the man from afar. :)

Good luck.

Fire crackers ? laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

The grenade they launched into the BTS station, you call a firecracker? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Well the army were using the BTS for sniper vantage points so fair game.

Even if the democrats did ordered the snipers to kill people, you have to say it was the man from afar. smile.png

Good luck.

No. What you need to do is to provide something to back up your statements.

it seems many here are forgetting the crackdown weeks before near democracy (ironic isnt it) monument. I was refering to the tanks that were brought in there to clear a pieceful protest. I walked through that protest (on my way to Ko San) and saw absoulutely no weapons or "men in black" or anything else that would suggest anything but a peiceful protest. The next day I am seeing videos on youtube of unarmed people being shot in the head. The day after I went back and saw that burger king's front wall looked like swiss cheese, disabled tanks on the street and 10's of protestor coffins surronding the monument.

I have trouble understanding how people can hate Taksin soo much that they are willing to overlook blatent crimes against humanity such as these. For the record, I am not a fan of Taksin, my ideology falls closer with the yellow shirts but they give all capitalist a bad name when they do such things.

Unfortunately, when a Thaksin apologist claims that they are not a fan of Thaksin and that they are merely telling the truth, they often give themselves away with the deliberate misspelling of Thaksin's name to correspond with the historical figure King Taksin. The royalist pretension (read absolutist). Maybe in this case also claiming to be a yellow shirt supporter (pull the other one) they think that they will get a more sympathetic hearing on the TV website. For those who were around in 2010 there was a veritable boiler room of invented red supporters pushing the red line. The trouble is they all left a rather silly calling card and the 'Taksin' spelling is this one. As for the 'I saw a peaceful protest and I saw tanks', just fits in with the fictional stories put out by these people.

Congratulations.You have just won the coveted Tinfoil Hat Memorial Prize for the weirdest and most off the wall post of the month.

Unfortunately, when a Thaksin apologist claims that they are not a fan of Thaksin and that they are merely telling the truth, they often give themselves away with the deliberate misspelling of Thaksin's name to correspond with the historical figure King Taksin. The royalist pretension (read absolutist). Maybe in this case also claiming to be a yellow shirt supporter (pull the other one) they think that they will get a more sympathetic hearing on the TV website. For those who were around in 2010 there was a veritable boiler room of invented red supporters pushing the red line. The trouble is they all left a rather silly calling card and the 'Taksin' spelling is this one. As for the 'I saw a peaceful protest and I saw tanks', just fits in with the fictional stories put out by these people.

Congratulations.You have just won the coveted Tinfoil Hat Memorial Prize for the weirdest and most off the wall post of the month.

Although a late admission I suggest you two share the price biggrin.png

• Like 1

You saw A video of a protester being shot in the head, but you would have no idea who shot him. You also seem to have missed the videos of the armed "protesters" shooting at the army, and probably missed the reports by the TRCT of the armed men being dropped off in the evening of the 10th and being supported by some red shirt protesters.

you are correct, i have not seen any videos of that nature, please share links.

you are correct, i have not seen any videos of that nature, please share links.

rolleyes.gif

Check on a couple of the current threads on red shirts.

The very fact you saw nothing doesn't mean there was nothing. Also the tanks you say you saw were actually APCs and the very fact they were disabled probably only relates to poor maintenance rolleyes.gif

The peaceful protest was ordered to clear the roads and obviously that was very undemocratic to ask of them. The coffins were just symbolic, the real dead were moved already, although a few dead were forcefully retaken from hospitals to be able to show them around. But again that's just normal for peaceful protesters.

Indeed, peaceful protesters acting peacefully inside a hospital

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYdASCkNa_4&feature=related

would that be the same TRCT set up by abhisit and co?

That would be the one.

The very same TRCT about which one of our dear, too early departed members condemned k. Abhisit for not given it more authority. Mind you, the dear departed wrote it before he knew UDD, Robert A. and Pheu Thai didn't like the TRCT report. biggrin.png

The very same TRCT about which one of our dear, too early departed members condemned k. Abhisit for not given it more authority. Mind you, the dear departed wrote it before he knew UDD, Robert A. and Pheu Thai didn't like the TRCT report. biggrin.png

i don't know who you're talking about?

Even if the democrats did ordered the snipers to kill people, you have to say it was the man from afar. smile.png

Good luck.

Why bother:)

Good luck.

Why bother:)

You can borrow this one:

• Like 1

The very fact you saw nothing doesn't mean there was nothing. Also the tanks you say you saw were actually APCs and the very fact they were disabled probably only relates to poor maintenance rolleyes.gif

The peaceful protest was ordered to clear the roads and obviously that was very undemocratic to ask of them. The coffins were just symbolic, the real dead were moved already, although a few dead were forcefully retaken from hospitals to be able to show them around. But again that's just normal for peaceful protesters.

You can borrow this one:

Indeed, peaceful protesters peacefully firing their war weapons.

• Like 1

Some interesting but flawed viewpoints being put forward by the anti-democracy supporters.

However these people should take note of the thai peoples verdict on all this, the very same thai people who saw their democratically elected government couped, and military law imposed upon them, then through the military assaults on peaceful protestors, at the asean conference, and bangkok rallies. .

Their verdict was a resounding, overwhelming, historic, landslide election victory for the democratic elements of society

What abisit, the dems, the PAD , etc stand for was completely rejected at the ballot box..

• Like 2

Some interesting but flawed viewpoints being put forward by the anti-democracy supporters.

However these people should take note of the thai peoples verdict on all this, the very same thai people who saw their democratically elected government couped, and military law imposed upon them, then through the military assaults on peaceful protestors, at the asean conference, and bangkok rallies. .

Their verdict was a resounding, overwhelming, historic, landslide election victory for the democratic elements of society

What abisit, the dems, the PAD , etc stand for was completely rejected at the ballot box..

"resounding, overwhelming, historic, landslide"

When was that ? I recall PTP in July-2011 as being 48.4% of the 75%-ish who voted, and most of them were looking for the immediate nation-wide B300/day minimum-wage, which they're still waiting for, or their free laptop, which they're still waiting for, etcetera ?

• Like 2

"What abisit, the dems, the PAD , etc stand for was completely rejected at the ballot box"

So you mean the view/opinion of 1/3 of the country can be ignored? So that is your view of democracy...

Edited by Nickymaster

You can borrow this one:

Indeed, peaceful protesters peacefully firing their war weapons.

So where are the snipers?

ummm, i honestly did not "deliberately misspell" THaksin's name; and I am also not a yellow supporter, I simply said my ideology is closer to theirs (yellow). I am not for universal health care, high minimum wages, farming subsidies or any of the other reasons people support Thaksin (and no, he never game me money either). I reject these concepts in the USA, and I dont think they are helpful in the advancement of the Thai economy.

As someone who believes in capitalism (true capitalism, not the fictional stuff in most of the west) I believe that incidents like this give capitalism a bad name (and democracy for that matter). There may have been an element on the fringe within the reds that were not as peaceful although it did not start up until after the government started with its threats and intimidation. After all, they were protesting that 3 of their governments had been thrown out of office and the opposition (to them) installed undemocratically.

In ANY case, there is never cause for an army to fire live rounds into protesters. Sorry, that will never change in my mind. I dont care if a few of them did have weapons (which we could argue the who, what, where for many years) governments should never use their military against its own people, period! I certainly dont remember the army marching in on the airport when the yellows did their little sit in (rightfully so I might add).

• Like 1

I do believe we here on TV have been exposed to this very same exposé by a previous poster or should I say the same poster but a different name.

• Like 1