New Bike Prices? 110 - 125Cc

dreaming

I am in Chiang Mai. This week I got my wife a new Honda Spacy i automatic large 5.5 fuel tank and even larger underseat storage. Paid 40,000 Bt with 1 year insurance and plate, and book

Honda waves now go from about 36,000 for a kick start 110 to nearly 56,000 for a 125 electric start

Scoopy and click start mid to upper 40's - mid 50's

Suzuki has a bike, automatic that they call NEX slightly smaller for small Thai and it goes for 36,xxx Bt

Lefan, that are made in Thailand have a 110 that is like the honda wave with electric start, basket, cast wheels not spoke that is a good value at 29,000 Bt. Which I will get one next month to try out

Roughly 10k more for the Honda Wave 110 would work out better in the long run.

It's hard to ignore the Lefan / Lifan at that price and i'm sure it would have no issues within its warranty period. But come resale no scooter holds its value better than a Honda. Given 6 months ownership on both bikes, you'd lose 10,000+Baht on the Lifan and not much more than 5000Baht with the Honda.

Something to think about :)

Lefan, that are made in Thailand have a 110 that is like the honda wave with electric start, basket, cast wheels not spoke that is a good value at 29,000 Bt. Which I will get one next month to try out

Don't listen to the others. Please give the Lifan a try and tell us your experiences with it. We need such brave people like you :)

• Like 1

Don't listen to the others. Please give the Lifan a try and tell us your experiences with it. We need such brave people like you smile.png

The only reason i was stating not to buy one is due to resale value.

I think they are cracking bikes for the money and if the OP isn't too bothered about selling the bike or what he can get for it later on, then go ahead :)

Thanks guys. I think I'll go with the honda.I bought my kids some cheap chinese dirt bikes in australia (2 bikes, 1 quad). Lifan motors. I am not sure if these are the same ones that are built in thailand but I have had problems with all of them. The kids are pretty tough on them but the build quality is not up to japs

Don't listen to the others. Please give the Lifan a try and tell us your experiences with it. We need such brave people like you smile.png

Just ending up a year on a new honda wave 125. Yes, next I want to compare with the Lifan to see how it does.

should be getting the lifan next month