Non O Multi Entry Soon To Expire.....how To Extend.

A friend of mine has a Non Immigrant O Multi Entry visa that expires in mid December.This includes the last extension which had to be utilised in September to give him,in effect,15 months on this visa.

He wants to extend this by not returning to the UK,if possible.

He's not married and,I doubt,if he has the 800k available for an extension based on retirement.

All I can think of is if he goes to Laos and gets a double entry tourist visa.He lives with a Thai lady but I dont think he can get an extra 90 days Non O extension in Laos as the time is up for his original visa.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

If he is over 50 and has an income of at least 65k baht/month from outside of Thailand, he can get a 1 year retirement extension without having the 800k in the bank. Otherwise, his best option is double entry tourist visa from Sananakhet, Laos. It will be a 3 month visa but if used properly with 1 border run he can get almost 6 months.

Edited by wayned

I presume he is 50 years old?

having 800,000 baht in a Thai bankaccount is not the only option. There are 3:

1. having 800,000 baht in the bank in Thailand for 2 months (3 months each next extension)

2. having an income of 65,000 baht a month (can be from abroad)

3. having a yearly income together with money in the bank in Thailand totaling 800,000.

This last option might qualify him.

Many thanks for the replies.

He is over 50 and I think he has only a little income in a Thai bank.......certainly nowhere near 800k.

However,he does have a pension from the Royal Navy which could be over 65k per month but banked in the UK.

If he was to get a letter of income from the British Embassy in Bangkok that might do the trick.....obviously would need proof of income,payslips,P60 etc.

He's coming around to see me tomorrow,so I'll mention this.

Failing that a double entry tourist visa or an education visa,I guess.