We Need A Lonely House Near Chiang Mai!

arsyaaa

Sounds like they are trying to isolate their children not a good idea.

I grew up in an area where we had neighbors and there children along with me ran and played and yelled. It was a lot more fun doing it with others than just my brothers and sisters.

You might want to look at the thread here posted by

Stuswife2830

Edited by hellodolly

Don't be fearful of people in Thailand.

Be fearful of the snakes, scorpions and other bitey creatures in rural areas.

As others have said, internet will be a problem in such areas.

Seen a few places advertised on gates along the rural road from Mae Rim to Mae Tang.

Take a drive along it (turn left off the main road 1/2Km out of MR)

Or this place in the mountains behind Doi Saket (50min drive to CM)

(asking price 1.2Mbht, electricity, water, no internet, no mobile coverage, no neighbors)

(You can often rent houses advertised for sale at about 5% the asking price .... so about 5k/month)

post-152992-0-67268200-1350973124_thumb.post-152992-0-82852100-1350973293_thumb.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

I think the OP will be hard pushed to find any isolated accommodation in Chiang Mai, because I doubt if there are any isolated areas in Chiang Mai anymore, unless he is willing to live well outside the town somewhere.

The only option I can think of is to rent a house located on a large perhaps 4 to 5 rai plot of land that has lots of space between the house and the neighbors. But something on that scale is going to be costly.

Fine if the OP can afford it?

A house (and land) to buy ? To rent ? If to rent, for how long a period ?

If you have young children, I would think your first target areas for looking for residence would be near where your children are going to go to school (assuming they are school age, or will be of age if you stay here long enough).

Too little information, too broad a question.

~o:37;

Meh, not radically different compared to the suburbs, or even downtown.

There's always 3G cellular data, unless you're REALLY remote.

I think the OP will be hard pushed to find any isolated accommodation in Chiang Mai, because I doubt if there are any isolated areas in Chiang Mai anymore, unless he is willing to live well outside the town somewhere.

A 30 minute or so drive from downtown works.

Meh, not radically different compared to the suburbs, or even downtown.

There's always 3G cellular data, unless you're REALLY remote.

A 30 minute or so drive from downtown works.

Lamphun?biggrin.png

The only option I can think of is to rent a house located on a large perhaps 4 to 5 rai plot of land that has lots of space between the house and the neighbors. But something on that scale is going to be costly.

Fine if the OP can afford it?

We can always rely on B-J to point us in the right direction......

post-150623-0-04638600-1351073820_thumb.

• Like 1

I may have just what the OP is looking for and I can totally relate to the kind of lifestyle he is looking for, as I'm a bit of a recluse myself. Peace, quiet, security and nature with the comforts of [high speed ]internet, electric and access is hard to find in LOS, but I was lucky enough to find it and it's up for sale, and or rent one of the houses. check out <url removed>for details and photos and I'll send you a PM in case the mods remove the link.

Edited by onthedarkside
link removed

We want to rent this house, and we want a small house, not more than 10000 baht per month, better less. We want to rent for 6 months. Yes, it can just has a big land with a fence, not be alone in the forest)) I am trying to find it, because now we live near Chiang Mai in the village where all houses are very close to each other and there are cars around, and just my children go out of my gate, immediately careful old thai lady or man ring my door bell with screamings: "Big car, big car!!!" And it is nervous. Children want to play outside, not only in the little garden 5 m length. And I cannot look after children all the time, I have a lot to do.

I got some mails and I want to add that I do not want to make somebody think that I do not have time for my kids. I just cannot physically look 24 hours that they do not go outside, it is impossible. But for me the first thing is safety of my kids and not disturbing others by their screams.

• Like 1

I got some mails and I want to add that I do not want to make somebody think that I do not have time for my kids. I just cannot physically look 24 hours that they do not go outside, it is impossible. But for me the first thing is safety of my kids and not disturbing others by their screams.

What you are asking for makes perfect sense. I think English is not your native language and the use of "Lonely" to describe the house gave the wrong impression. Good luck. It sounds like you are looking for a good place for kids to be.

• Like 1

What you are asking for makes perfect sense. I think English is not your native language and the use of "Lonely" to describe the house gave the wrong impression. Good luck. It sounds like you are looking for a good place for kids to be.

That's it!!!!!!!!!

And all Estate agencies told me they cannot help me and there is no such houses. But you know what? My friend found such a house month before for just 5000 baht per month!

Once you get to the mooban you have to ask the sale office if there's is any house for rent often there's no sign.

without roads and neighbours Also we need internet

Try some houses near Prem International school area. It's lonely but still with Internet (I think)

Last time I drove by Prem the entire area was pretty well developed all the way from the main road to the Wat in Mae Aen.