Multiple Tourist Visas In My Old Passport. What Happens When I Get My New Pport

In December 2011 I applied for a triple entry tourist visa in Brisbane and thus arrived around xmas time and started using the visa's. I extended each subsequent 60 day visa by 30 days and did border runs this yr etc.

When that ran out I flew to Indonesia for a few months. Im now in KL and propose to apply for a Single entry 60 day visa this time and fly to the LOS in November.

My old Oz passport is coming up for expiry around 12 months time. Im planning on getting a new passport (either during the 30 day ext in bkk or in Australia in Feb/March).

Leading to my question.... If I have my new Oz passport and go back to the consulate in Brisbane or in KL, will they have records of my old triple entry visa and the single entry visa? Could they deny me another single/double or triple entry visa? Are there systems proficient enough to keep records of past visas granted or are they still old school no idea??

Im 41 and too young for retirement visa and need to know now what my options are- i.e will the respective consulate allow me more tourist visas. When this eventually happens I assume that I will have to go for a study visa...

many thanks for your opinion on this matter

I had a medical visa extension issue that had me call the US Embassy. During that call he told me that Thailand has a record of all your visas in their system and it can be accessed from any checkpoint computer (along with your photo). Doesn't matter if you get a new passport. With that being said... I have a friend who has lived in Thailand for 4-years on multiple entry tourist visas and he just got the 'red stamp' that says he may not get another one. Another friend here does the 14-day border run every 2 weeks back to back and has been in CM for 18 months. I've had 2 multiple entry visas myself (all with 30-day extensions), 2 2-week ones, and a 30-day on arrival.

The Laos embassy is the best one to go to for visas. They are the most lax from what I hear... and that's where I've gotten mine.

I think you'll be fine.

From reading your post you have only had one tourist visa and it was from your home country. You should not have any problem getting a tourist visa for some time yet.

Breaking the pattern of getting your tourist visas at a nearby embassy or consulate by getting one in OZ lessens the chance of having a problem with getting your visas.

IE: Triple entry from home and then double in Laos and then another in home country (approx 15 months after the first).

I don't think the embassies and consulates have access to the same records as immigration does. They just go by what they see in your passport.