T O T Lost My Wireless Adapter

riclag

I don't know if this is the correct place to post "sorry". I have a Hp laptop.I have a internal wireless adapter.which worked fine in the hotels in BKK and Sakon Nakhon. I just rented a house with a t o t lan connection, modem router T8817 , TP link. Any way the network adapter is not to be found anymore the wireless light is always off now. I looked everywhere for the adapter. Device,system etc. I even reloaded the drivers(control panel's Wirerless Assistant icon won't even open anymore.I recently took it out to a coffee shop and it wouldn't find a network.Any advise Running windows vista 32 bit.

Does your lappie have a 'wireless' switch which has been inadvertently switched off?

The Switch is fine !Toggle both ways it still is the same color. And yes i have rebooted and yes there are no hardware conflicts. And yes I have looked for the devise under networks in devise manager and it doesn't show I have a wireless adapter.This is very frustrating!!!!

Does your lappie have a 'wireless' switch which has been inadvertently switched off?

The Switch is fine !Toggle both ways it still is the same color. And yes i have rebooted and yes there are no hardware conflicts. And yes I have looked for the devise under networks in devise manager and it doesn't show I have a wireless adapter.This is very frustrating!!!!

Possible the internal WiFi adapter has died sad.png

Time for a USB dongle perhaps?

You need a wireless access point - all you have is a modem/router TP 8817 so you must use cable to attach to the laptop for internet - there is no wireless signal using that. Could be coffee shop system was off when you were there but not sure why you can not find it in operating system. You have selected control panel and network and sharing center? The connection icon in Windows 7 has a hide arrow for wireless connections that toggles them on and off in your system tray if you open it that might have been clicked to hide them.

You need a wireless access point - all you have is a modem/router TP 8817 so you must use cable to attach to the laptop for internet - there is no wireless signal using that. Could be coffee shop system was off when you were there but not sure why you can not find it in operating system. You have selected control panel and network and sharing center? The connection icon in Windows 7 has a hide arrow for wireless connections that toggles them on and off in your system tray if you open it that might have been clicked to hide them.

Hi I'm running windows vista.Ok here is whats going on My laptop had a wireless adapter I could view it before in control panel(icon called Wireless Assistant). Now the icon won't even open. I use to be able to toggle the wireless switch in front of my laptop orange for off blue for on but now it stays orange(off). All of this happen when I moved into my apt. and attached this TOT Lan.

Hi I'm running windows vista.Ok here is whats going on My laptop had a wireless adapter I could view it before in control panel(icon called Wireless Assistant). Now the icon won't even open. I use to be able to toggle the wireless switch in front of my laptop orange for off blue for on but now it stays orange(off). All of this happen when I moved into my apt. and attached this TOT Lan.

TOT has nothing to do, your radio is either dead or the switch is. hardware problem simple as that, go for a USB dongle or bring the laptop in warranty if it is still covered.

Try this:

1. Navigate to the "Network and Sharing Centre" part of the Windows control panel.

2. Continue to "Change Adaptor Settings".

3. Find your wireless adaptor Icon, right click & choose disable, wait at least 10 seconds until its really "off", then right click & choose enable.

4. Try to connect to Wireless networks normally.

5. Please reply if this does or does not work for you.

Edit: If you can't see the adaptor; then either its dead or you need to perform more advanced troubleshooting involving drivers etc.

Edited by RandomSand

Try this:

1. Navigate to the "Network and Sharing Centre" part of the Windows control panel.

3. Find your wireless adaptor Icon, right click & choose disable, wait at least 10 seconds until its really "off", then right click & choose enable.

Edit: If you can't see the adaptor; then either its dead or you need to perform more advanced troubleshooting involving drivers etc.

Hi after I click on wireless sharing icon in control panel, there is no wireless adapter icon

Try this:

Hi after I click on wireless sharing icon in control panel, there is no wireless adapter icon

I'm not sure what you don't understand about the above replies. They state that the TD-8817 modem you quote is not wifi capable, therefore you will not have it show up as a wireless adapter in your control panel. The only way to use the modem it is with a LAN cable connection or add a wifi system to the router.

Try this:

I'm not sure what you don't understand about the above replies. They state that the TD-8817 modem you quote is not wifi capable, therefore you will not have it show up as a wireless adapter in your control panel. The only way to use the modem it is with a LAN cable connection or add a wifi system to the router.

Sorry its very obvious now that im not explaining my problem.Hence I'll try another way. My computer can't find my internal wireless network adapter that I once had.I actually used it in Bkk and Sakhon Nakhon coffee shops. I moved in my new apt.I hooked up to a TOT lan line. 2 days later I actually had to take my laptop to the coffee shop the other day so I disconected the ethernet cable and off I went.Everyone else was able to wireless connect to the internet except me. I went to the start menu clicked on (connect to) computer couldn't find any networks I checked the switch to see if it was off or on its shows off.I have windows vista I also used to be able to open the wireless assistant Icon in control panel now that won't even open.My question is how can I actually be sure if my internal wireless adapter is still working or not . I tried device mgr and the wireless adapter isn't under the network adapter the only thing under network adapters is the eithernet NVIDIA Adapter.I clicked on diagnose why windows can't find any additional networks it said install wireless networking hardware and verify that the correct harware is loaded.

Try viewing this video - if no wireless use the plug and play scan to look for it as they do after removal.

I followed these options and the computer still doesn't show a internal wireless adapter.

At this point suspect your best bet is to have someone check it for you - likely just something they will find easily with it in hand. Does not have to be a factory rep or expert as suspect if running Vista guarantee is not a factor.

Hello

i also have a Hp Laptop and had the same problem. i was able to solf it by myself. The wireless Module is only plug in on the backside of the Laptop. Open the cover from the W-Lan (only 1 screw) take it out, check the connectors( there are two, Antena and Conector to the Laptop) maybee clean a little bit and plug it back( but be careful this a small plugs). After this my W-Lan worked without Problems.

Sorry English is not my first Language

Chris