Looking To Buy A Dmac

nicelee808

Hi all,

Im moving to Thailand next month, I will hoping to buy Isuzu Dmac about 7 to 10 years old with between 100k to 120k on the clock, what would be a fair cash price for this vehicle, I would also be hoping to buy this locally to where I will be living in Ubon Ratchathani does anyone know any good clasifieds or websites, or how about car dealers.

Any imput would be appreciated.

Lee

2002 - 2005 Dmax's will range from about 250K Baht for an early base model 2.5L single cab, up to 600K for a later model 3.0L double cab 4WD, but it'll take a lot of searching to find an example of these vintages with such low KM's...

Not many upcountry dealers advertise online yet, but this should be able to give you an idea: http://one2car.com/s...002&Year2=2005

Edited by IMHO

Thanks for the replies and website,

I will be looking for a 2 door DMac with 2 seats in the front and seats in the back for the kids, which I think is the single Cab, I have a budget of 300k max 350k, hopefully if I walk into the dealer with the cash they might drop the price 20 or 30,000.

regards Lee

I will be looking for a 2 door DMac with 2 seats in the front and seats in the back for the kids, which I think is the single Cab, I have a budget of 300k max 350k, hopefully if I walk into the dealer with the cash they might drop the price 20 or 30,000.

regards Lee

Correction on this, after looking at the website, its the Space cab SX 2.5 that I will be looking for, seem to generally be around 350,000 price, but may be difficult to find one with 100k kilometres on the clock

2002 - 2005 Dmax's will range from about 250K Baht for an early base model 2.5L single cab, up to 600K for a later model 3.0L double cab 4WD, but it'll take a lot of searching to find an example of these vintages with such low KM's...

Not many upcountry dealers advertise online yet, but this should be able to give you an idea: http://one2car.com/s....002&Year2=2005

Thanks IMHO,

how many KM on average would a Dmax single cab 2.5L be good for, difficult question to answer I know, bearing in mind to whether the motor has been looked after, but here in the UK buying a used car I would normally only buy a car with no more than 80,000 miles on the clock, so I could hope for a further 50,000 out of it, which could last me up to around 5 years.

Regards Lee

Not many upcountry dealers advertise online yet, but this should be able to give you an idea: http://one2car.com/s....002&Year2=2005

Thanks IMHO,

how many KM on average would a Dmax single cab 2.5L be good for, difficult question to answer I know, bearing in mind to whether the motor has been looked after, but here in the UK buying a used car I would normally only buy a car with no more than 80,000 miles on the clock, so I could hope for a further 50,000 out of it, which could last me up to around 5 years.

Regards Lee

If properly maintained, the Isuzu 2.5L diesel can be good for up to 400,000KM with only minor hiccups like a failed waterpumps and worn clutch plates. All easy/cheap to get fixed in TH though.

regards Lee

Correction on this, after looking at the website, its the Space cab SX 2.5 that I will be looking for, seem to generally be around 350,000 price, but may be difficult to find one with 100k kilometres on the clock

Worth remembering that the ride may not have seat belts for the kids. Insurance may be limited to driver and one passenger for a two door. Perhaps some one here can clarify.

regards Lee

Worth remembering that the ride may not have seat belts for the kids. Insurance may be limited to driver and one passenger for a two door. Perhaps some one here can clarify.

Insurance is limited to 3 persons. And unless aftermarket installed, no seat belts in the back.

regards Lee

Insurance is limited to 3 persons. And unless aftermarket installed, no seat belts in the back.

Ohh, so if you were to have a accident with 2 passengers in the back seats, with no seat belts your insurance company wouldnt cover you for the repairs to the third party if the accident was my fault.

I am a careful driver and havent had any incidents for years, but as you all know this dosent stop somebody driving into you. Sounds like it may be worth having the belts fitted.

Two door pickups are road taxed as commercial vehicles, you are not meant to carry passengers in the back on those little bench seats - though all the locals do!

If you need to carry passengers get a 4 door pickup with proper rear seats and seat belts and pay the extra road tax.

• Like 1

Two door pickups are road taxed as commercial vehicles, you are not meant to carry passengers in the back on those little bench seats - though all the locals do!

If you need to carry passengers get a 4 door pickup with proper rear seats and seat belts and pay the extra road tax.

I think I would prefer to get the rear seat belts fitted.

Regards

Your medical insurance should cover your kids.

Are you saying if the OP is knowingly breaking the law that insurance will pay out ? whistling.gif

Driving a 2 door with the basic insurance cover with passengers and no seat belts is not breaking the law, it means you are not covered for the passengers upon death, this insurance is the most popular amoung thais and farangs, also it dosent cover repairs to the car, if you have a accident and its your fault then you will have to pay for the repairs to your car and the other car involved.

Are you saying if the OP is knowingly breaking the law that insurance will pay out ? whistling.gif

No, I am saying that if you have medical insurance, and you are in an accident, you do not need medical as part of your car insurance to get your hospital bills paid.

That said, your insurance should pay regardless of whether you are breaking the law. If you are drunk, and wreck your car, does the insurance not pay?

That said, your insurance should pay regardless of whether you are breaking the law. If you are drunk, and wreck your car, does the insurance not pay?

Yes, car insurance will pay 3rd party. But they will also come to you to get reimbursed for any payments made, plus they will not pay any own damages, including medical bills.

Driving a 2 door with the basic insurance cover with passengers and no seat belts is not breaking the law, it means you are not covered for the passengers upon death, this insurance is the most popular amoung thais and farangs, also it dosent cover repairs to the car, if you have a accident and its your fault then you will have to pay for the repairs to your car and the other car involved.

Correction. It is breaking the law although the risk that the Bib should fine you is around nil unless you have an accident with injuries. You are not allowed to carry passengers on the back bench in a Space Cab. That is also why it is like a wooden bench, not a seat. It is an indoor loading area.

• Like 1

Correction. It is breaking the law although the risk that the Bib should fine you is around nil unless you have an accident with injuries. You are not allowed to carry passengers on the back bench in a Space Cab. That is also why it is like a wooden bench, not a seat. It is an indoor loading area.

What if you get belts fitted?