Gmm Z Set Top Box

wayned

Now it's time for my stupid question. I've just installed a GMM Z box and it works fine, even with a S Star box installed to the same LNB with a splitter.

But, all of the displays are in Thai and I can not find any way to change the language to English. The small manual is in Thai but does not have any instructions to change the language that I can decifer. If you call their call center 02-841-8888, you get put on "thai hold" forever with no answer and to date they won't answer emails. I can get into the menu by entering 0000, but I can not find any menu that allows you to change the language of the displays. I have an S Star and a PSI unit and both allow you to select the languages for displays and subtitles.

It's probably just another one of my brain farts, but does anybody know how to set the displays to English?

Now it's time for my stupid question. I've just installed a GMM Z box and it works fine, even with a S Star box installed to the same LNB with a splitter.But, all of the displays are in Thai and I can not find any way to change the language to English. The small manual is in Thai but does not have any instructions to change the language that I can decifer. If you call their call center 02-841-8888, you get put on "thai hold" forever with no answer and to date they won't answer emails. I can get into the menu by entering 0000, but I can not find any menu that allows you to change the language of the displays. I have an S Star and a PSI unit and both allow you to select the languages for displays and subtitles.It's probably just another one of my brain farts, but does anybody know how to set the displays to English?
Bluebell, on 2012-06-06 23:55:33, said:

Set up the box today and working fine apart from the locked channels - will follow BV's helpful advice above tomorrow, but.........how to change the menu to English or is this not an option?

To change menu to English:

Press Menu on remote and punch in 0000 (passcode).

Assuming that menu is in Thai,

Scroll down to 4th item (or 2nd item from bottom) and press OK

Press on 3rd item and press OK

Press on 3rd item and press OK

Scroll down to 3rd item below 0% and press < or > on remote and press OK.

Language is set to English.

Thanks, tried it and works fine.

However, before I received your email I kinda read the Thai manual that came with the unit. It says enter 9933 for English. I thought that that was the password to enter when you press menu, but it is not. Without going into menu mode just by entering channel 9933 it switches everything to English. Oh well. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Easier to use the audio button, bottom middle of the remote control.

Press audio then use the left or right buttons to toggle between the left and right channels which contain English or Thai. Press the audio button again.