Where Is The Thai Baht Going In Next Few Years ?

if and its only a question , we invested say 4 million into gold what kind of return could we get in say 4 years ? also where to buy gold ? its something i know nothing whatsoever about and i am not a gambling man, i have a daughter so anything i leave behind is all for her.

If you invest 4million in gold you're a gambling man.

We're all gambling now I'm afraid - whatever we do.

Just try to cover as many spots as you can.

Edited by cloudhopper

We also count our home in that. Compared to paying rent out of foreign income sources, it's been a good way of fixing expenditure and hedging exchange rates. Perhaps you should upgrade your mansion Dr.Naam smile.png

i never considered one of our loss yielding homes an investment Fletch crying.gif and after six years of "upgrading" our present home i'd have to think hard of additional upgrades. of course the cheap chrome plated bathroom fixtures could be replaced by 24k solid gold ones... crazy.gif

A vasectomy is also an excellent financial investment/ insurance for anyone with a risk of having (more) children. THBk 15k saves hundreds of thousands per child each year with education factored in smile.png

ahemm... cough... cough... both the lady of our house and my [not so] humble self would be very happy if that risk still existed. alas... dry.png

A vasectomy is also an excellent financial investment/ insurance for anyone with a risk of having (more) children. THBk 15k saves hundreds of thousands per child each year with education factored in

ahemm... cough... cough... both the lady of our house and my [not so] humble self would be very happy if that risk still existed. alas...

Remembering we're in Thailand I'd say that risk certainly exists for a handsome Klingon like yourself, even if not for your major wife.

Let's just say: it's a small snip to prevent the chickens coming home to roost on the high costs of international schooling, and to prevent the ducks coming home to feed on a more important asset in the event an unexpected surprise turns up on your doorstep :)

Edited by fletchsmile

Did a transfer in of USD from Singapore the other day, and got a rate of 30.6. Going forward, I'll be happy with above USD/THB 30 and for GBP/THB anything around 50.

The reason for moving the money from USD was not particularly because I need it in Thailand, more to stock up my reserves of THB and increase the number of years spending held in cash, plus as longer term view I also prefer THB to USD for excess cash.

:)

• 4 months later...