Fireworks - Don't Thais Get Bored?

loong

October and i think that it is something to do with Buddhist lent.

For the last 3 weeks, same as every October, fireworks are being set off morning, noon and night. The louder the better apparently. It will finish at the end of the month. Local dogs are skittish and definitely more aggressive.

I think that fireworks can be fun, especially the ones that make a nice display in the night sky. But all day long from 5AM til late at night, and basically just designed to make a loud bang holds no appeal to me at all.

I wonder if it is only me that gets extremely bored with this constant banging after a few days. Seems that the Thais don't.

Another thing that gets me is seeing 3 and 4 year olds walking around clutching these mini explosives. Parents seem not to care that their young children are playing with these, but I guess that's OK, they're being supervised by 6 and 7 year olds!

I pulled into a filling station on my motorbike yesterday and couldn't believe that a couple of 7 or 8 year olds were happily throwing bangers about 5 metres from the petrol pumps. Incredible stupidity!

I would personally look for another place to live, nothing like that anywhere I've ever lived in Thailand, 2-3 days at the most.

But yes little concern about safety among the common folk, life is definitely cheaper here, and many more people appear to be stupid by our lights.

And yes they do love their noise.

Other day I used an Internet shop where the average customer's age was maybe seven, and the place was absolute bedlam, every single kid was continuously communicating with each other by shouting while keeping their headphones on with the bang-bangs turned up all the way,

Amazing.

I would personally look for another place to live, nothing like that anywhere I've ever lived in Thailand, 2-3 days at the most.

But yes little concern about safety among the common folk, life is definitely cheaper here, and many more people appear to be stupid by our lights.

And yes they do love their noise.

Other day I used an Internet shop where the average customer's age was maybe seven, and the place was absolute bedlam, every single kid was continuously communicating with each other by shouting while keeping their headphones on with the bang-bangs turned up all the way,

Amazing.

It's just the lack of iodized salt in their diet.