Cataract

HullyGully

Dr. Rachada at Ram looks after my eyes. I have a friend who had both eyes done by her and afterwards described "everything is so clear and sharp......and the colours".......she was very pleased.

Last time I saw Dr. Rachada a few months ago I asked her surgery costs for cataracts. Normal lens 40,000 Baht -multi-focal lens 70,000 Baht. I didn't ask her if doing both eyes together is cheaper, my guess is that it would be.

• Like 1

Dr. Rachada at Ram looks after my eyes. I have a friend who had both eyes done by her and afterwards described "everything is so clear and sharp......and the colours".......she was very pleased.

Last time I saw Dr. Rachada a few months ago I asked her surgery costs for cataracts. Normal lens 40,000 Baht -multi-focal lens 70,000 Baht. I didn't ask her if doing both eyes together is cheaper, my guess is that it would be.

+1. But I doubt she will recommend doing both eyes at the same time.

Friend reports her symptoms disappeared after using cataract eyedrops from "Similican".

Big-pharma trained physicians, most of them, may scoff at the idea.

Bany alternatives out there to everything we have ever learned. Up to you!

No, I am not aphysician, nor do I have any relationship to this company.

I had both my eyes done one week apart in January this year. Doctor Paradee Kunavisarut at Sipaht (Sri Phat) is excellent, and the results were amazing. I can see again...without glasses! Cost is similar to Rahm...maybe 5,000 - 10,000 cheaper at Sipaht.

I had both my eyes done one week apart in January this year. Doctor Paradee Kunavisarut at Sipaht (Sri Phat) is excellent, and the results were amazing. I can see again...without glasses! Cost is similar to Rahm...maybe 5,000 - 10,000 cheaper at Sipaht.

I've heard good things about Dr. Paradee and you had a great result.smile.pngthumbsup.gif

Maybe people would like to compare CV's for future reference?

http://www.chiangmairam.com/NEW%20CMR/Physician%20Th/CV%20th/Paradee.pdf

http://www.chiangmairam.com/NEW%20CMR/Physician%20Th/CV%20th/Rachada.pdf

• Like 1

I also recommend Dr. Rachada at the Chiang Mai RAM hospital. She has been my eye doctor for 2 years. I strongly appreciate her professionalism (care an attention, answering questions), AND - she made a diagnosis that at least two other opthamologists had missed.

Can-C is not approved for sale anywhere in the world. Reviews suggest it's a lot like the purple pills you can buy in Tashliek. The only people who say it works, are the companies who sell it and the two Russians who developed it - for dogs.. There is absolutely no evidence that it reduces or eliminates cataracts in humans.

Does any one know about the service at St. Peter eye hospital?

I had a eye examination there and was told I had cataracts but not to worry. So I did not pursue it.

I should mention I had ben told that 8 years ago in Canada and by another eye examiner inside the moat close to the Ram hospital.

Does any one know about the service at St. Peter eye hospital?

I had a eye examination there and was told I had cataracts but not to worry. So I did not pursue it.

I should mention I had ben told that 8 years ago in Canada and by another eye examiner inside the moat close to the Ram hospital.

Presumably you are wearing eyeglasses, probably progressive lens ones? Not everyone with cataracts needs surgery but probably most if they live long enough do. It is generally a progressive situation. Signs that it is getting worse are the need to change eyeglass scrips often. There is no medically necessity to get the surgery unless the patient feels they can't live an acceptable life without it, usually correcting with glasses (eventually the glasses get really thick). People with cataracts should be regularly screened by an ophthalmologist to check for other eye diseases which may be more common in people with existing cataracts. Edited by Jingthing

Can-C is not approved for sale anywhere in the world. Reviews suggest it's a lot like the purple pills you can buy in Tashliek. The only people who say it works, are the companies who sell it and the two Russians who developed it - for dogs.. There is absolutely no evidence that it reduces or eliminates cataracts in humans.

Do a google search. You can buy the stuff and there are testimonials from around the globe.

Yes Jingthing, I was told the same thing by an eye doctor at Bumrungrad. I go annually to have other more serious health issues checked and have added a visit to their eye doctor to my annual checks. He says that I have the beginning of cataracts and that eventually I'll need surgery, but meanwhile just keep checking annually on the cataracts and other potential eye problems.

Later, I found out that they replace the lenses when they do cataract surgery. So at the next visit, I asked him if that means I wouldn't have to wear glasses for my astigmatism after cataract surgery and he said yes. Whoopie! I asked if he could do the cataract surgery "early" so the astigmatism would be fixed and he looked at me like I was nuts. He said "just keep wearing your glasses"

Transam -- are there any results of double-blind scientific studies of these magic drops, published in peer-reviewed journals? On-line testimonials aren't the results of scientific studies.

Edited by NancyL

It is my understanding that astigmatism can be corrected by cataract surgery with modern technology. See another doctor when you're ready for surgery. Early or not wouldn't be the issue. Many people still need glasses. People who opt for the single focus lens implant will definitely still need glasses for reading (just like most older people even without cataracts). The goal of the multifocus option is usually to avoid the need for any glasses, but it doesn't always work perfectly.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes Jingthing, I was told the same thing by an eye doctor at Bumrungrad. I go annually to have other more serious health issues checked and have added a visit to their eye doctor to my annual checks. He says that I have the beginning of cataracts and that eventually I'll need surgery, but meanwhile just keep checking annually on the cataracts and other potential eye problems.

Later, I found out that they replace the lenses when they do cataract surgery. So at the next visit, I asked him if that means I wouldn't have to wear glasses for my astigmatism after cataract surgery and he said yes. Whoopie! I asked if he could do the cataract surgery "early" so the astigmatism would be fixed and he looked at me like I was nuts. He said "just keep wearing your glasses"

Transam -- are there any results of double-blind scientific studies of these magic drops, published in peer-reviewed journals? On-line testimonials aren't the results of scientific studies.

Lets just say l have read some on the stuff and if my sis back home can locate it, l will try it.

It is my understanding that astigmatism can be corrected by cataract surgery with modern technology. See another doctor when you're ready for surgery. Early or not wouldn't be the issue. Many people still need glasses. People who opt for the single focus lens implant will definitely still need glasses for reading (just like most older people even without cataracts). The goal of the multifocus option is usually to avoid the need for any glasses, but it doesn't always work perfectly.

Good point about seeing another doctor. I'd be happy with single focus if it corrected the astigmatism to the point that I could use drug-store reading glasses. As I've aged, my distance vision has improved to the point where the only problem is the astigmatism. I can do without glasses for distance if needed, but soon I get headaches from the astigmatism.

Lets just say l have read some on the stuff and if my sis back home can locate it, l will try it.

Well I haven't read any of the Literature on it but if you can't get it here and from the sounds of it it might be a problem locating it back home. I would be a little leery of it.

Miracle cures should not be that hard to find if they exist.

What is the price range on it.

Well I haven't read any of the Literature on it but if you can't get it here and from the sounds of it it might be a problem locating it back home. I would be a little leery of it.

Think it's about production quantity thats the problem.

Perhaps 50 UKP for 6 month treatment for one eye, WHICH it sounds makes major progress.

The only thing that these miracle cures do is miraculously put a lot of money into the pockets of the companies that are touting them.Just today I watched a video. Cure cancer with eggplant. Of course at the end of the video they want to sell your their eggplant extract. I am sure that the only thing it will cure is the bulge of money in my wallet if I buy the product.