Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bah.gifbah.gifsorry.gif

I guess they're *not* made in Thailand, prices for these new bikes is 800k+

Hypermotard 821.1 799,900

Hypermotard SP 821.1 899,900

Hypermotard Strada 821.1 945,000

This sucks. Well maybe they'll be made in Thailand.... someday...

As a small consolation, they finally are offering ABS on the Monster 795, for 30k Baht extra.

The bike just went from must have to whatever, yet another overpriced import. No thanks.

Source: http://ducatithailand.com/pricelist.php

Edited by nikster

C'mon ducati <deleted>?

They made well with 400 k Thai assembled monster.

I was expecting better reasonable prices but they got greedy after they see the waiting list of monster i guess!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

More likely these bikes are not made in Thailand. It's as simple as that.

I had it on good authority that they would be made in Thailand - that was the plan, I heard it last year from an insider source. But as we see here, plans change in big corporations and what was the plan once is not the plan anymore. Ducati also has a new owner so it's possible they're doing a whole different strategy...

There's an interesting article on the EICMA motor show in HFL right now - and an underlying sentiment that the future of motorbikes is cheap bikes made for the SEA market!

Edited by nikster

C'mon ducati <deleted>?

They made well with 400 k Thai assembled monster.

I was expecting better reasonable prices but they got greedy after they see the waiting list of monster i guess!

More likely these bikes are not made in Thailand. It's as simple as that.

I had it on good authority that they would be made in Thailand - that was the plan, I heard it last year from an insider source. But as we see here, plans change in big corporations and what was the plan once is not the plan anymore. Ducati also has a new owner so it's possible they're doing a whole different strategy...

There's an interesting article on the EICMA motor show in HFL right now - and an underlying sentiment that the future of motorbikes is cheap bikes made for the SEA market!

yeah, seen that article Nikster. good one and future is going with bikes with less displacement and better efficiency. Again, they would like to embrace masses like before and it is something good for this world. Less pollution, less waste of resources etc.

I hope Ducati assemble Streetfighter here instead of Hypermotard anyway.biggrin.png

Not a big fan of hypermotard so i am not sad for these prices.

• Like 1

I thought the Ducati factory was on the way to Rayong,my mates wife is HR manager there,unless they are only assembling parts there???.will ask him tomorrow

As seen on "that other forum" Ducati says they are selling the new Hypers as imports for this year and will start making them here next year and drop the price by about 30%. Where by next year I guess they mean "as soon as they get their shit together" at that Rayong factory.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The price and financial sections on the ducatithailand page are "under maintenance" since at least a week already. Whats the meaning of that. Change/update of pricing for which models?

Educated guess: Total confusion

I've heard from a dealer that they think they'll assemble the Mulistrada in Thailand next year. Apparently the Diavel is also not really manufactured here, but only assembled. I have a price list that says Diavel(CKD) on it. That would explain the 30% price premium over the US as CKD has a 30% excise tax (**). Other Diavel models are imports so you can get the almost the exact same bike except for way more money. Doesn't make much sense but that seems to be the norm as far as Ducati Thailand pricing goes.

(**) Not sure, actually, but too lazy to look it up. If you know the exact differences between built here, build here but with imported parts, and CKD, let me know. It might also depend on the BOI deal they got...

PS: Dealer rumors... take with a large grain of salt...

Edited by nikster

If they make the Multistrade it would make sense they make the Hypermotard here also...

So as always well have to wait and see. The new Hypermotard is really nice....but it would be quite a difference to have a pricing in the 600000 Baht range or the 800000 Baht range (as the previous 1100 Evo model).

The price and financial sections on the ducatithailand page are "under maintenance" since at least a week already. Whats the meaning of that. Change/update of pricing for which models?

Educated guess: Total confusion

I've heard from a dealer that they think they'll assemble the Mulistrada in Thailand next year. Apparently the Diavel is also not really manufactured here, but only assembled. I have a price list that says Diavel(CKD) on it. That would explain the 30% price premium over the US as CKD has a 30% excise tax (**). Other Diavel models are imports so you can get the almost the exact same bike except for way more money. Doesn't make much sense but that seems to be the norm as far as Ducati Thailand pricing goes.

(**) Not sure, actually, but too lazy to look it up. If you know the exact differences between built here, build here but with imported parts, and CKD, let me know. It might also depend on the BOI deal they got...

PS: Dealer rumors... take with a large grain of salt...

There is a post on the 'other bike forum' suggesting the sales tax on big bikes will go up immediately by 10-20%. This is why Ducati took down the prices on the website until they got confirmation from the government.

This is just what I read over there, so apologies if this is not correct.

There is a post on the 'other bike forum' suggesting the sales tax on big bikes will go up immediately by 10-20%. This is why Ducati took down the prices on the website until they got confirmation from the government.

Same info was in the motoring section

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/606038-new-vehicular-excise-tax-rates-depend-on-co2-emissions-from-2016-thailand/

Posted 2012-12-19 12:37:44

New vehicular excise tax rates depend on CO2 emissions, from 2016

By Digital Media

BANGKOK, Dec 19 - The Cabinet yesterday approved a new excise tax structure to take effect in January 2016 in accord with a vehicle's quantity of carbon dioxide emissions, and 20 per cent higher excise taxes on luxury motorbikes and motorcycles to take immediate effect.

Meanwhile, the ministry also proposed to Cabinet raising excise taxes on imported luxury motorbikes to 123 per cent for 800-1,000cc cylinder capacity from the current 103 per cent. The new tax rate takes effect today.

The measure is expected to help the government gain more revenue of some Bt150 million. The ministry said those able to purchase such bikes are wealthy enough to pay higher taxes. (MCOT online news)

Same info was in the motoring section

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/606038-new-vehicular-excise-tax-rates-depend-on-co2-emissions-from-2016-thailand/

Posted 2012-12-19 12:37:44

New vehicular excise tax rates depend on CO2 emissions, from 2016

By Digital Media

BANGKOK, Dec 19 - The Cabinet yesterday approved a new excise tax structure to take effect in January 2016 in accord with a vehicle's quantity of carbon dioxide emissions, and 20 per cent higher excise taxes on luxury motorbikes and motorcycles to take immediate effect.

Meanwhile, the ministry also proposed to Cabinet raising excise taxes on imported luxury motorbikes to 123 per cent for 800-1,000cc cylinder capacity from the current 103 per cent. The new tax rate takes effect today.

The measure is expected to help the government gain more revenue of some Bt150 million. The ministry said those able to purchase such bikes are wealthy enough to pay higher taxes. (MCOT online news)

<deleted>.king hell!

Now they start to consider bikes as matter of wealth? Elsewhere people buy them for economy and efficiency.

They have to encourage people to buy more bikes. Look at the traffic congestion everywhere in Thailand and a million more low quality shoe box eco cars will invade the roads soon within 6 months! And we will be screwed.

You can get a 1000 cc bike for 590 k and smallest idiot so called eco car for same price and with a tax incentive.

What are they doing man?

• 2 months later...

DucatiThailand.com has the price list up with "TBA" entries for these...interestingly the entire Multistrada category is also TBA... price changes for the big one too? Yeah yeah not getting my hopes up too much wink.png

Well, I sold my WR450F at the end of last year and sold my Vigo a couple of weeks ago, so have a huge space in my garage that needs filling. I saw recently that the first Hyper had come off the production line so emailed Ducati asking for more info...none came back...no surprise there then.

So decided to take a trip up to Bangkok (from Samui) and see if I could order one. So left here Friday (F*£"~?g Bangkok Airways...2 hours late!) and went and saw the nice people at Ducati (Shukhumvit 55) on Saturday morning.

The bottom line is that the new Hypermotard won't be here until 'about' December and will be 800+ and they have no idea if a Thai version will be built here later...so what to do now???

...my ideal bike

Hypermotard_2013_RedCropped_zps047fcc58.

• Like 1

Well, I sold my WR450F at the end of last year and sold my Vigo a couple of weeks ago, so have a huge space in my garage that needs filling. I saw recently that the first Hyper had come off the production line so emailed Ducati asking for more info...none came back...no surprise there then.

So decided to take a trip up to Bangkok (from Samui) and see if I could order one. So left here Friday (F*£"~?g Bangkok Airways...2 hours late!) and went and saw the nice people at Ducati (Shukhumvit 55) on Saturday morning.

The bottom line is that the new Hypermotard won't be here until 'about' December and will be 800+ and they have no idea if a Thai version will be built here later...so what to do now???

...my ideal bike

Hmm that is nice ! smile.png

I was just looking at a slew of pics here...

2013 Ducati Hypermotard Mega Gallery

2013-Ducati-Hypermotard-still-photos-33-

• Like 1

...my ideal bike

Hmm that is nice ! smile.png

I was just looking at a slew of pics here...

2013 Ducati Hypermotard Mega Gallery

Thanks for the pic's mania...for once in my life I have enough coin to get the bike I want and now have no idea when!

This bike would be perfect for the island and it's shitty roads

2013-ducati-hypermotard-still-photos-25M

• Like 1

Thanks for the pic's mania...for once in my life I have enough coin to get the bike I want and now have no idea when!

This bike would be perfect for the island and it's shitty roads

Well hang in there & I know it must be rough but something will hopefully turn up

that excites you. Yes that Hyper looks like a good fit for here in many ways.

It turned out better than I expected too. Those new pics are quite sexy! wink.png

The Hyper would be great for an island like Samui. I guess the WR450 would have been a decent bike as well given the (lack of decent) infrastructure there but that Ducati is a beast...

The WR was great out in the open but hated traffic of any sort. I ended up wrapping the exhaust as it used to burn my leg thru my jeans

I have not heard anything about the Hyper so I wouldn't be surprised if they import it in December (<deleted> though?!).

Dealer now saying that MTS and a new Asia-only mini MTS are going to be made here and arrive soon. But - who knows.

I have not heard anything about the Hyper so I wouldn't be surprised if they import it in December (<deleted> though?!).

Dealer now saying that MTS and a new Asia-only mini MTS are going to be made here and arrive soon. But - who knows.

The MTS is certainly a nice bike...but not what I need here

Good write up here...http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/ducati/2013-ducati-multistrada-1200-s-touring-review-91437.html

The Hyper has off road styling but it is a road bike. I doubt it would be optimal for the bad roads on Samui.

What about a Terra Monster?

attachicon.gifducati_terra_mostro.jpg

The Hyper will/would be fine here...It did cross my mind to get the 795 and have a go at creating a Motard out of if but why bother when the real deal is coming sooner or later