2013 Ducati Made In Thailand

yankee99

Looks like such a fun bike.

It does at that!

Don't think the front tyre will need replacing very often whistling.gif

Yeah looks like a blast!

By the looks of the on board camera shots he only ever gave the clutch a one finger

flick each time he wanted to lift that front. Some times not at all.

I hope you get one & let us all live vicariously through your reports wink.png

Edited by mania

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like such a fun bike.

It does at that!

Don't think the front tyre will need replacing very often whistling.gif

Yeah looks like a blast!

I hope you get one & let us all live vicariously through your reports wink.png

I've gone and ordered something else that should arrive about July...will post up when it arrives. But still intend to get a Hyper at some point whenever they decide to ship them here thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Check out the terms smile.png

Ducati Chiang Mai

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ducati-chiangmai/349846658429745

848 EVO 948,000 บาท
20ดาวน์ 178,480 บาท ผ่อน 13,280 บาท (x 48 เดือน) Balloon 284,800 บาท ฟรีจดทะเบียน + ประกันภัยชั้น 1 1ปี
848 EVO CORSE 999,000 บาท
ดาว์น 15% 149,850 ผ่อน 21,158 บาท (x 48 เดือน)
ติดต่อ 053-223-699

Basically 848 Evo 948k
178,480 down
13,280 per month for 48 months
284,800 Balloon final payment

Total with financing paid = 1,100,720

The corse model runs 51k more @ 999k
1,165,434 Total after finance

168508_438332419581168_628988951_n.jpg

The Diavel ABS Black

2013 Motor Show Campaign Detail
ดาวน์ 139,000 THB ผ่อน 13,990 THB (x 48 เดือน)
Balloon 239,000 THB ฟรีจดทะเบียน + ประกันภัยชั้น 1ฟรี 1 ปี

About 1,049,520

602180_437893929625017_801977927_n.jpg

Monster
2013 Motor Show Campaign Detail
M795
New Retailed Price 409,990 THB
ดาวน์ 15% 61,499 ผ่อน 8,709 (x 48 เดือน)

M795 ABS RED

About 479,531 financed

155018_437890952958648_1666717560_n.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I guess no news yet about the Hypermotard or Strada making it to Thailand soon?

I guess Best value for money (if you can call it that) would be the MTS at 858,000?

I'm waiting for news too, I pop into the ducati dealer in Phuket every now and again, i'm waiting for the 2013 Hypermotard in particular, but still no news coming out of there, last time i went in was a couple of weeks back, nothing updated on the website either. Regret not getting the previous model last year now!

Edited by B1ade

I guess no news yet about the Hypermotard or Strada making it to Thailand soon?

I guess Best value for money (if you can call it that) would be the MTS at 858,000?

I'm waiting for news too, I pop into the ducati dealer in Phuket every now and again, i'm waiting for the 2013 Hypermotard in particular, but still no news coming out of there, last time i went in was a couple of weeks back, nothing updated on the website either. Regret not getting the previous model last year now!

Phoned up Ducati Bangkok and got a reply that the new HYM is due in October, of course no news about prices, or if it will be imported or Thai made.

I have to say I have always loved all Ducati's but lately..... rolleyes.gif
I have seen more & more up close, heard them, played with them a bit etc.
Where I lived before I rarely saw one in person so it was easy to not get too excited

I am a bit worried as I am starting to feel a bit feverish smile.png

Edited by mania

Where I lived before I rarely saw one in person so it was easy to not get too excited

• Like 1

It gets you sooner or later! I went in to the new ducati shop in phuket in 2010.. 'just to have a look' before I knew it I was leaving with a receipt for a 50k deposit, i'd never seen the 848 in the flesh, it was like a drug I had to have no matter what, it was a fever!

It gets you sooner or later! I went in to the new ducati shop in phuket in 2010.. 'just to have a look' before I knew it I was leaving with a receipt for a 50k deposit, i'd never seen the 848 in the flesh, it was like a drug I had to have no matter what, it was a fever!

Funny you should mention that one as it ( evo ) has been my desktop background

for awhile now ;)

Beautiful bike your a lucky guy !

Did you get a Evo or street fighter?

Model-Page_2013_SBK848evo_Corse_01_960x4

848 evo - what a timeless classic... wow...

I remember when its predecessor first came out.

Thought that 748 was beautiful !

This 848 Evo does not disappoint either

Edited by mania

Funny you should mention that one as it ( evo ) has been my desktop background

for awhile now wink.png

Beautiful bike your a lucky guy !

Did you get a Evo or street fighter?

I ordered mine in March 2010, there was no evo then, just the standard 848, not the street fighter, 1 month after collecting it in July Ducati announced the evo! Couldn't believe my luck, my buddy enjoyed ordering the evo dark though and reminded me about it for quite a while haha

I've been eagerly awaiting the announcement of the baby panigale, was expecting it november last year but it never appeared, fingers crossed for early next year, that will be the next one!

Edited by B1ade

Although can kill for a 848 evo right now and like it its design, power characteristics, lightess and style a lot, for nearly same price can get a lightning quick, modern tech, super handler 200 hp bmw s1000rr too!

Edited by loserlazer

The position Im ok with

To be honest it is always the price that gets me.

The Ducati's as well as some 1000rr's are all priced high compared to what I am use too of course

+ the lack of income now living here. SO..... that always makes me hesitant.

Also I live in a condo & while it is nice being paid up in full it has no personal assigned garage

parking space

When ever I see the insurance pays 80% of value here I always shudder thinking man.....

If you bought an Evo & it got stolen at the condo a few days after buying it you just lost 200k period

That is kinda rough...smile.png

I do wish I had given a better look at the 795 monsters or even the 696's

I did not really take a look at those until recently & their specs are quite decent

in power to weight as well as bore x stroke

Both running about 80 hp & not heavy & with decent rpm they could be fun

Kind of wish I had checked them out a bit.

Edited by mania

Once you've had Duc, you never go back tongue.png

They inspire passion because they are designed, engineered and built with true passion, not committees. But the Superbikes, at least, are very uncompromising to the point of being fitness machines. If yr not in shape when u start riding one, it'll whip u into shape. Its one of the reasons i love em.

And that rigor in riding position, the firmness of suspension/chassis/brakes/engine... all in perfect balance... can save yr bacon at-speed! on lesser bikes, a quick, evasive swerve-brake maneuver can be difficult at best. And sometimes, only serious power will teach locals their Toyota is a complete turd (is that TRD stands for?) next to yr bike. With the stupidity that comes at you at every turn in LoS, it's worth thinking about.

They inspire passion because they are designed, engineered and built with true passion, not committees.

Yes have to agree about the Passion & it must be an Italian thing wink.png

I say because I have also owned Colnago's & they are the very same to the bicycling world

as the Duc's are to the motorcycling world

I imagine the same holds true at Ferrari

Superbike position I agree too is not easy if not use to it. But also agree a firm setup & positioning can be a thing of beauty

when called into action.

Yeah fever still climbing here & I am all but resigned to it now smile.png

Kind of a hassle as I need to go through the motion of selling too.

I wish more dealers did trade in's here just to make life easier because we need to do the

residence paper etc.

Edited by mania

They inspire passion because they are designed, engineered and built with true passion, not committees.

I say because I have also owned Colnago's & they are the very same to the bicycling world

as the Duc's are to the motorcycling world

I imagine the same holds true at Ferrari

Superbike position I agree too is not easy if not use to it. But also agree a firm setup & positioning can be a thing of beauty

when called into action.

I wish more dealers did trade in's here just to make life easier because we need to do the

residence paper etc.

DucThailand won't take it in trade? what are u trying to sell that's taking a while to part with? The expat used bike market should be pretty lively with all the comings & goings.

DucThailand won't take it in trade? what are u trying to sell that's taking a while to part with? The expat used bike market should be pretty lively with all the comings & goings.

I have only asked locally at the Ducati ChiangMai & they said they dont take trade ins

No I don't actually think it would be hard to sell my bike myself either.

2013 n250 with a few add-ons

I just thought it would be easy/easier

I did just see Ducati Rama3 is doing a trade up deal where you bring in a monster 795

& trade for a evo 848 or STF 848

I mentioned to the manager to let me know when the low mileage 795's start rolling in smile.png

He said for sure they will so we will see.

946501_506449499403275_257545477_n.jpg

Once you've had Duc, you never go back :P

They inspire passion because they are designed, engineered and built with true passion, not committees. But the Superbikes, at least, are very uncompromising to the point of being fitness machines. If yr not in shape when u start riding one, it'll whip u into shape. Its one of the reasons i love em.

And that rigor in riding position, the firmness of suspension/chassis/brakes/engine... all in perfect balance... can save yr bacon at-speed! on lesser bikes, a quick, evasive swerve-brake maneuver can be difficult at best. And sometimes, only serious power will teach locals their Toyota is a complete turd (is that TRD stands for?) next to yr bike. With the stupidity that comes at you at every turn in LoS, it's worth thinking about.

I dont know about inspiring passion. I will tell you that if you dont have passion one would be much happier with a jap bike. Although the italians have style thats where it ends imho.

residence paper etc.

I know where you're coming from Mania...if the Hyper had been available (or even some firm figures and dates) then I'd have put my money down there and then. But with time to think it thru I decided to go a different way...wink.png

I know where you're coming from Mania...if the Hyper had been available (or even some firm figures and dates) then I'd have put my money down there and then. But with time to think it thru I decided to go a different way...wink.png

I remember but did you say what you ordered?

I remember you said it was coming this summer smile.png

Edited by mania

I remember but did you say what you ordered?

I remember you said it was coming this summer smile.png

I decided to get two bikes instead of the Hyper, the CRF was one, the other one should be here next week rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I just casually checked the Ducati price list, guess what? The MultiStrada 1200 appears to be assembled in Thailand now, 858k baht. Previously this bike was imported and well over 1M.

Note that that's cheaper than the assembled-here Diavel!

Like the Diavel, this bike suffers from two kinds of taxation: 30% excise tax as a CKD (assembled here from imported parts); and 20% for having > 1000cc. The taxes are no doubt cumulative.

If it wasn't for that new government tax it would be 100k less... anyway, good news, I guess ;)

http://ducatithailand.com/pricelist.php

• Like 2