Teaching In Thailand

I am heading off to Thailand end of Febuary and wanting to teach English there! Are the new visa rules going to make it hard to find work as i have TESOL certificate? I have not got a job to go to yet but was going to have some rest and wait until after Songkran before i pursued job! Would it be far more easier to find job in Thailand before i arrive??? What about with the work visa permits? I was reading the forum about how it is going to be harder to work in Thailand for Farang? Most jobs only paying about 30,000 Baht per month i just need some info if it is going to be easier to look for job whilst i am still here in Australia?...Thanks to all who give some info..tinytot

Hi tinytot

Can't offer any info regarding the new visa rules (except what I've read in here :D ), someone else may have a bit more knowledge.

In regards to teaching you need a degree (in any discipline) to get a teacher licence and work permit - TESOL is useful to have.

Most people will say it's easier to get a job when you get here, but to be honest I didn't have difficulty getting a position from home (oz) - actually it was less stressful since arrived on a non imm b ( :o:D ).

The school year is about to end (start of march) and starts again around april - so probably best to start looking around, unless you want to teach at a language school (in which case it doesn't matter). It's really up to you, depends who you want to teach, how long you want to be on holiday and if you want to do visa runs. All the best :D