Headhunters In Thailand

Hi

need help to find headhunters in Thailand. I know that there a few compared to Europe, but I'm sure there are some more than I found. The ones I found are mainly for Thai.

Today I work as the international sales & export manager in one of the biggest companies in Scandinavia - have been to Asia many times and would like to work there or find a position as a rep for an Asian Company in Europe.

Can anybody help? maybe this is the wrong approach, but jobs in Asia are rarely announced in Europe. (And salary.... yes for me it would be hard to live on a thai salary)

Thanks

You could try HK or Singapore but Thailand theres no chance, No-one is going to go to all the trouble of getting you a wrok-permit, on the premise that you may be good at your job, Its just not worth the hassle.

Best bet would be to do it remotely, do all of your recruitment work over the internet in Thailand.

The thing is, true Headhunters dont advertise, thats how they do business, people dont know how to get in touch with them, they get in touch with you!

If you are looking for Agencies that deal with farang employees, there are a few around (99.9% Thai for us Im afraid), I will pm you with a contact you can email and start a dialogue

The thing is, true Headhunters dont advertise, thats how they do business, people dont know how to get in touch with them, they get in touch with you!

If you are looking for Agencies that deal with farang employees, there are a few around (99.9% Thai for us Im afraid), I will pm you with a contact you can email and start a dialogue

Prudent R, Nice lead in for an exclusive with this guy for your "contact" "true headhunter" friend. "true headhunters" prefer to be called "executive search consultants" at the bare minimum. One of several important qualities that a true headhunter has is greed. Greed makes him/her make a more calls and develop more relationships than the one's lacking this quality (search is commission driven--don't place, don't eat, place--phat cash and thong-thongs). Granted the result of this greed is the need not to advertise after the book is built. But the stealth mode you suggested of a true headhunter is slightly dramatic. Greed says a search pro will do what it takes to make that quality match (this includes advertising).

Sorry about the babbling. I did search in the Bay Area for ten years through the 90's Tech and Internet boom and the bubble burst. Now in Phuket and haven't closed anything in awhile.

I am betraying my old profession, but the way to work with search pros is contact many and let them compete with each other for your biz. If you give one an exclusive you will be worked. For example, if the search pro knows that he can close you on a position that is good but not your ideal. If he has your ideal in his inventory and knows he has your exclusive attention, then he runs no risk of a competitor search pro submitting you on the same position. He can save that ideal in his hand for other candidates. The objection handling search will say that he/she has exclusive search rights for some positions. This is sometimes true, but is you are a true match, the search pro's greed will override and force him to submit you. trust me. fees are huge. they won't walk away from 60,000 because you are working with a couple other firms.

Good Luck

The objection handling search will say that he/she has exclusive search rights for some positions. This is sometimes true, but is you are a true match, the search pro's greed will override and force him to submit you. trust me. fees are huge. they won't walk away from 60,000 because you are working with a couple other firms.

Good info, Rob, thanks for sharing.

• 3 years later...

From my experiences the recruitment companies in Bangkok from the likes of Addecco, Manpower, and a small local operation PRTR did not help at all with expat recruitment. The company that heped me find a good position as a Supply Chain Director for a large multi national company in Chonburi was a company called Smart Search Recruitment http://www.ssrecruitment.com

The company's Director met with me and gave me some great advice, helped me formulate my recruitment startegy and set up three interviews from abroad.

The other companies only told me with either a mass email that I would be contacted if something is available, and some even said to look in my own company.

This is my experience Smart Search Recruitment helped. Maybe try with them?

Best of luck

• 2 months later...
From my experiences the recruitment companies in Bangkok from the likes of Addecco, Manpower, and a small local operation PRTR did not help at all with expat recruitment. The company that heped me find a good position as a Supply Chain Director for a large multi national company in Chonburi was a company called Smart Search Recruitment http://www.ssrecruitment.com

The company's Director met with me and gave me some great advice, helped me formulate my recruitment startegy and set up three interviews from abroad.

The other companies only told me with either a mass email that I would be contacted if something is available, and some even said to look in my own company.

Best of luck

Hi Santicamp,

Are u a local thai or foreigner using Smart Search Recruitement?

Jon

Best of luck

Hi Santicamp,

Are u a local thai or foreigner using Smart Search Recruitement?

Jon

I am an expat