What Happened To English Dtac Website?

farrol

I suspect the 3G issue has caused issues as there old pages were only valid until 31 September and they did not get the new pages up until a few days ago (using basically the same price structure and part 3G currently allowed). If they had English pages made they probably had new information and must be redone taking longer than the Thai (which took weeks from when they should have been posted). Even in the best of times find there website a bear to navigate - just a simple search for internet plans often takes me an hour to find (access only from foreigners here for visit I believe).

Do you guys have Google Translate installed. I do. I'm with DTAC and when I go to above dtac web site Google automatically flips/translates it to English...pretty good English...no problem in using and understanding the web site.

Thanks,

the new DTAC site doesn't look bad at all. I would rate it the best website of mobile operators in Thailand.

EDIT: Oops I guess I have to take that back ... most of the links on the homepage don't work (yet, I hope).

Edited by farrol

English pages seem all up now. Pretty impressive actually. Maybe they were there all the time?http://www.dtac.co.th/enCertainly better than True. whistling.gif
Funny, if you leave off the "/en" on above website, go to it, there is no pull-down menu to select English or Thai. If you include "/en" it provides the language selection menu until you select Thai then it goes to the Thai only page and the language selection menu goes away...can't go back to English unless adding /en to the web site address.Also noticed if you go back and forth between the Smartphone postpay packages, the Thai version of the page shows the promotion for a 200 baht discount for the first 6 months if on an 18 month contract, but the English page don't show this....it only shows 12 month packages. To show this, first go to this Link which will take you to the English page on these smartphone plans; then select English from the pull down menu and it will flip you to the same smartphone plans on the Thai language page and be sure to notice the 1,200 baht in the banner which represents the 200 baht discount for the first 6 months. And the Remarks code at the bottom of these two pages is different due to the slight difference in the promotion...one a 18 month promotion and the other one a 12 month promotion. One thing to remember on sites which have English and Thai versions is the Thai version could very well have more/different promotion reflected....just a case of the English pages not having as much detail sometimes and probably harder for the companies to keep up to date due to weak English language capability. But it is Thailand so the Thai language rules.

And totally agree DTAC's English language web pages are better than True's, and even AIS's in my book. That was a key reason I signed up with DTAC back in 2009 because their web site was more understandable due to better English pages.

Edited by Pib

EDIT: Oops I guess I have to take that back ... most of the links on the homepage don't work (yet, I hope).

I tried 40 or so random links, they all worked for me. Maybe you have a browser issue?

e-services was a little slow for me logging in but it did work.

It is much, much better than it was what with the older separate English pages.

Edited by lomatopo

I tried 40 or so random links, they all worked for me. Maybe you have a browser issue?

e-services was a little slow for me logging in but it did work.

It is much, much better than it was what with the older separate English pages.

Ditto to lomatopo's reply.

Edited by Pib