Transfering Money Out Of Thailand

My (Thai) husband and I both have bank accounts here (with SCB) and in the Uk (we lived in the uk until this year when we moved to Thailand). When he asked about transfering money back to the uk we were told that it was not possible (we just have standard accounts). We had seen something about international transfers online but apparently that is only allowed for very specific reasons such as supporting a Thai student or Thai family in the uk. But when my husband asked if he could have an extra debit card to send back to the uk so someone could take cash out and pay it in our uk bank account they said that was fine! I'd just rather be able to do it another way instead if getting my poor mum to go and get out wads of cash to pay in for me!!!

Does anyone know anything about this or has anyone tried or been able to transfer money to the uk?

If you are sending it to an account of the same name its no problem. The easiest way is to take cash into the bank in Thailand, fill in a simple form, show your passport and it will be in your UK account in a couple of days.

If you try and do it with internet banking they require all sorts of paperwork, but if you are there in person with cash its simple..

The previous two posters seem to have missed the point that Thai nationals cannot transfer funds overseas unless it meets certain specific criteria!

Your best option I think is to buy a cashiers cheque from Bangkok Bank, drawn on Bangkok Bank UK and to courier that for deposit to your UK account, as long as each cheque is under USD 20k equivelent there will be no problem buying the cheque.

My understanding is, if the sum is under 1.5million BAHT..transfer is not an issue

Over a period of time you can make several transfers

I think once you go over 1.5 million either the Banks Haed Office isinvolved and probably the BOT

If you can prove the sourse of money coming into Thailand, than transferring that amount out is no an issue

Easy way keep it under 1.5k