Big Bike Servicing In Pattaya

monty1412

I recommend Road Machine on 3rd rd, from pattaya tai it is perhaps 400 meters towards pattaya klang, on left hand

I don't from my own experience, there's a guy opposite Tesco south pattaya sukumvit road just after the overhead walkway on the left, if it's just general service stuff you need he's the man, he will also strip an engine if required - nice lad

• Like 1

Yamaha Marine on Sukumvit Pattaya service all the small bikes at the front where you see all the scooters for sale.

They service all the big bikes at the rear top of the building, at the rear of the sales room where all the new big bikes are for sale.

Edited by OZEMADE

I recommend Road Machine on 3rd rd, from pattaya tai it is perhaps 400 meters towards pattaya klang, on left hand

I don't from my own experience, there's a guy opposite Tesco south pattaya sukumvit road just after the overhead walkway on the left, if it's just general service stuff you need he's the man, he will also strip an engine if required - nice lad

Seconded, he is a excellent mechanic, trained by his father since he was about 3 years old, I have used him or his family for going on 20 years, his brother has a shop in Naklua...

CGW who are you recommending ??

Good point! the guy opposite Lotus Tesco on Sukhumvit Road. This is a big shop, if you ask they will take you around the back where they have literally hundreds of "broken bikes" they keep for spares etc.

Edited by CGW

Seconded, he is a excellent mechanic, trained by his father since he was about 3 years old, I have used him or his family for going on 20 years, his brother has a shop in Naklua...

His name is Mao and he's a nice fellow for sure. I have been dealing with this family for many years. They have a huge graveyard in the back of 2nd hand parts for bikes. Stuff you can't often find and that many of the other bike shops will come to them to buy.

That said, I've had both positive and negative experiences with them but generally I like the whole family.

Went there yesterday....well I think it was the place with the green Castrol sighn above the entrance ??

no more bike graveyard no NGK B9ECS or Denso W27ESC spark plugs ( can't find them anywhere in Pattaya )

no spares for NSR ...... ok its not a big bike but thought the graveyard might have one sad.png

I went there yesterday as well to have my chain tightened. No more graveyard in the back. They turned it into short time rooms. They still have a small stock on 2nd hand parts but no where near what they used to have.

Edited by Jayman

Went there yesterday....well I think it was the place with the green Castrol sighn above the entrance ??

no more bike graveyard no NGK B9ECS or Denso W27ESC spark plugs ( can't find them anywhere in Pattaya )

no spares for NSR ...... ok its not a big bike but thought the graveyard might have one sad.png

I've been riding my big Honda here for near 7 years, I've gotten used to the fact that it was obsolete from new, I'll hazzard a guess and say the plugs for your NSR are not exactly critical, I'm sure you'll find something that fits the hole

as for chain adjustment - I don't know what to say w00t.gif

HONDA MPE

MOTORCYCLE & POWER EQUIPMENT ACN.006 662 862

Service Bulletin

Service Bulletin No: SBMC0311

To: All Motorcycle Franchises

From Motorcycle Service Department

Date: September 2003

Attention: Franchisee, Service Manager, Sales Manager and Relevant Staff

Subject: NSR 150 Spark Plug Application

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please be advised that when servicing the NSR 150 SP, it is important to use the correct spark

plug. The current specification is incorrect and in some cases may lead to severe engine

damage.

The B-8ES and the B-9ES are listed in the current parts list as the replacement plugs for this

model. These are incorrect and must not be used.

The correct replacement plug for this model is the B-9ECS, as marked on the fuel tank

sticker. Please ensure owners are made aware of this.

This part is currently in stock and can be ordered through the normal parts ordering channels.

It is also important to note that the spark plug must be removed, inspected and the spark plug

gap adjusted at 2,000 klm intervals and the plug replaced at 4,000 klm intervals.

GREG SNART

National Motorcycle Service Manager

PLEASE ENSURE ALL RELEVANT STAFF ARE AWARE OF THIS BULLETIN AND IT’S CONTENTS.

Service Manager Parts Manager Sales Manager Franchise Principle

It can sometimes be a chalenge to keep the obsolete equipment going.

I'm using a NGK BP8ES plug at the moment..for 500km no exploded engine yet.

Just can't understand why there are no higher temperature range plugs, the "8" is supposed to be for cooler temperature climates and "9" for extended high speed driving.

Even the Honda dealer only had a Denso W24ES ( equivalent to B8ES )

How much for the short time rooms ?

and is it very discrete ?

200thb.. they have A/C and proper toilets and showers with hot water. They are also rather newly built. I didn't look inside the rooms but where they are situated is very discrete.

I didn't go there looking for spare parts. I went there to have my rear tire moved back to take the slack out of the chain. This develops over time with my Steed. Not expecting you to say anything but yet you felt the need to comment on it.

I will add, the adjustment was done without a charge,

Edited by Jayman

I didn't go there looking for spare parts. I went there to have my rear tire moved back to take the slack out of the chain. This develops over time with my Steed. Not expecting you to say anything but yet you felt the need to comment on it.

No offence ment, I was just a little surprised that you don't adjust your own chain, it's a pretty simple thing to do, I do most of my own work and have a comprehensive set of tools that I always carry with me - have come in handy several times on long trips, my chain spanner is huge but that's what to expect when riding a 1100cc superbike

I adjust my own chain

No offence ment, I was just a little surprised that you don't adjust your own chain, it's a pretty simple thing to do, I do most of my own work and have a comprehensive set of tools that I always carry with me - have come in handy several times on long trips, my chain spanner is huge but that's what to expect when riding a 1100cc superbike

I adjust my own chain

No offense taken. I do have a fairly good set of tools I brought over from the US over the years but the one needed for that adjustment is larger than any I have. Also I happened to be in the area an figured I'd stop in and have a chat with Mao. No matter where I've had this done I've never paid more than maybe 50thb and many times they do it for free.

Edited by Jayman