Greetings Trend Setters

I was reading a review the other day on the new Ford Focus Ambiente

(auto) which is currently retailing for 809 000 Baht. The review was quite

good but at the end, the reviewer said something along the lines of "a good

solid car for the price, but don't discount the Fiesta Sports Ultimate for

759 000 which has a lot more fruit".

I cannot locate the review again.

Personally, I think the new Focus hatch's are just about the best quality/

value for money cars in Thailand at the minute.

Does anyone have an opinion of comparing the two?

Personally I like the Focus but have not seen the Fiesta Sports Ultimate.

The Ford website shows it has a fair few options on it.

Any advise, opinions appreciated.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

As far as I am concerned, never had the opportunity to test drive the Focus, but I trust it would drive easily and while being heavier than the Fiesta, would be at least firmer in the steering (the wheel of the Fiesta turns all over the place). Besides that, it again depends what is your use. In city, you might want to stick to the Fiesta. On the road, you are better off in something a bit more powerful/strong like the Focus.

One particularly nice thing with the Fiesta Sports Ultimate is that it comes with 7 airbags which is a nice improvement over the usual one or two you see on most cars here. The lower model Focus I think also just has the two airbags.

If you want a car with a bit of space and don't need to break any speed records I think the Focus 1.6 is a decent car at a good price. Of course, if you don't need the extra space and just want something small and zippy for around town most people seem very happy with the Fiesta.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I don't think either one is a bad choice.

I must admit that the 7 air bags on the Fiesta is a nice addition.

Yep, not a lot of difference in price between the Ambiente and the Trend.

Then a pretty big jump to the Sport plus.

I love the sunroof on the Sport +. I wish it was an option on the Fiesta

and other Focus models.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

i bought a fiesta sports in december and think its a great little car except for the fuel economy so i ha lpg fitted costing 25000 baht now i fill up for 400 baht instead of 1100 baht, i find the car is ideal for my needs as i drive mainly in and around pattaya only once going to kong kaen this year,

760,000 for a Fiesta is silly money when you consider its size, no matter what extras they throw on it. If you really want one, get a second hand six/nine month old one. I've seen them about and they tend to be 150-200k cheaper and are barely run in. Let someone else take the depreciation hit.

i bought a fiesta sports in december and think its a great little car except for the fuel economy so i ha lpg fitted costing 25000 baht now i fill up for 400 baht instead of 1100 baht, i find the car is ideal for my needs as i drive mainly in and around pattaya only once going to kong kaen this year,

What did that do to the Ford warrantee?

I had a test drive of the Fiesta sport ultimate. It drove quite nicely and was well specified. However it felt a bit cramped inside. In the end I bought the Focus 5 door sport + for my wife. Its a fantastic car in terms of performance, handling and specification. I can thoroughly recommend it. We almost bought the Sport which at 950,000 is a good deal. I don't think I could live with the 1.6 engine in the Focus.

I would go up one more level and buy the Focus Trend at 829 Sedan 0r 839k hatch

You get lots more for your money including Alloy wheels + SYNC (hands free phone usb/aux)

and controls on the steering wheel etc

Good point.

You also get a trip comp, fog lights and a few other things

for only an extra 30 000 Baht.

Regards

Will

I have a brand new Fiesta, for city driving its perfect & super easy to drive. The engine is ok, but if it was in a heavier car & would be very annoyed. If you can offord it the Focus sport is well worth the extra & is leagues above eveything in its class

You can dress up a monkey in silk. It's still a monkey.

<deleted> are you talking about?

laugh.png

The Fiesta of course. You can put all the extra options, but in the end, it's still a tin can Fiesta.

I think the Fiesta is a more than decent car for it's class and it's price.

I tried it out before we thought about buying bigger. It's just way too small. Also, the interior for me is tragic. I felt the steering wheel was uncomfortable too. I sat down for 10 seconds and couldn't wait to get out of it.

When did you try it out?

Perhaps you were looking at the previous generation?

I tried it out before we thought about buying bigger. It's just way too small. Also, the interior for me is tragic. I felt the steering wheel was uncomfortable too. I sat down for 10 seconds and couldn't wait to get out of it.

Way to small compared to what....? It never was meant to be a 7 series or even a Honda Civic or a Cruze for that matter. Get a grip man, it is competing in the small hatch category: Mazda 2, Yaris, Jazz, now Sonic and if you will it sits somewhere in the middel in size with the Jazz outsizing all. If you would actually read what professionals have to say about the Fiesta worldwide than it might open your eyes and mind, as it is certainly one of Best in class and in my opinion has by far the nicest interior (and I am not alone with this opinion). Then again also i would not look at it if i need a big family car....

• Like 1

When did you try it out?

Perhaps you were looking at the previous generation?

The previous generation wasn't sold in Thailand, so i doubt it.