Cruise Control

mogandave

Why is it none of the pickups here seem to have cruise control?

Are there decent aftermarket units available?

Every time I get back from using a rental in the US I really miss the cruise control. That and I keep using the windshield wiper handle for a turn signal, but I don’t think there is much I can do about that!

I can understand the need for it in America where you have long straight highways but here it isn't something I would want to use even if it came as standard. Driving here you need to keep your wits about you as the most unexpected things can and do happen on a journey. Also how hard is it to keep your foot on the pedal ? whistling.gif

I can understand the need for it in America where you have long straight highways but here it isn't something I would want to use even if it came as standard. Driving here you need to keep your wits about you as the most unexpected things can and do happen on a journey. Also how hard is it to keep your foot on the pedal ? whistling.gif

I use it frequently here and am very happy to use it.

In fact I think that all the brands I looked at had cruise control in at least the top models.
This means you did not look at Isuzu, because the D-Max does not have cruise control in any of its models.

In fact I think that all the brands I looked at had cruise control in at least the top models.
This means you did not look at Isuzu, because the D-Max does not have cruise control in any of its models.

Not sure, but I've heard that the latest Isuzu DMax VCross - 4WD - automatic does have cruise control. Don't shoot me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, after a few years of experience on the Thai roads, I think that a CC won't be more convenient. It's always a stop-n-go festivity.

Not sure, but I've heard that the latest Isuzu DMax VCross - 4WD - automatic does have cruise control. Don't shoot me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, after a few years of experience on the Thai roads, I think that a CC won't be more convenient. It's always a stop-n-go festivity.

NO the new Isuzu VCross does not come with CC, I asked for it and was told Isuzu dont make CC for their truck in Thailand.

Although Thailand make and export to Australia the Isuzu D-Max VCross, the Holden Rodeo and the Chevrolet Colorado 4 door ute/pick up, all have CC as standard. Yes ISUZU make them all in Thailand and some parts come from Malaysia and Indonesia. The New Ford Ranger is also made in Thailand and exported to OZ.

Edited by OZEMADE

Each to their own Steven. I just wouldn't. You never know what the driver ahead, behind or besides you is going to do next. big wide open roads then yes I would use it. Thankfully the high miles i knock up here are mainly on the bike so don't have to worry too much. thumbsup.gif

Your right. Waste of time in LOS, here you must be on the ball and in complete control at all times. thumbsup.gif
  • Like 1

Each to their own Steven. I just wouldn't. You never know what the driver ahead, behind or besides you is going to do next. big wide open roads then yes I would use it. Thankfully the high miles i knock up here are mainly on the bike so don't have to worry too much. thumbsup.gif

Your right. Waste of time in LOS, here you must be on the ball and in complete control at all times. thumbsup.gif

Disagree. Using cruise control does not mean not being in control all the time.

But as ThailandBert said, and with which you said to agree, each to their own.

So what are your legs and feet doing in cruise ? They are relaxing. I drove all over the USA using cruise and understand what it does to the driver, BUT l would never use it in LOS.

Each to their own l suppose regarding their thoughts on getting from A to B safe in LOS. smile.png

So what are your legs and feet doing in cruise ? They are relaxing. I drove all over the USA using cruise and understand what it does to the driver, BUT l would never use it in LOS.

Each to their own l suppose regarding their thoughts on getting from A to B safe in LOS. smile.png

Yes, you can't compare driving in the USA with driving here, and also the driving with cruise control here is different. You can not put your feet on the dash here.

Anyone that has trouble paying attention while using cruise control should not use it regardless of where they are. I would not use CC driving down Sukumvet, but I drive the motorways quite a bit and I miss it.

In fact, I think an argument can me made that CC can be safer in that many people are much less likely to speed, and are not distracted by having to check and maintain their speed.

Anyone that has trouble paying attention while using cruise control should not use it regardless of where they are. I would not use CC driving down Sukumvet, but I drive the motorways quite a bit and I miss it.

In fact, I think an argument can me made that CC can be safer in that many people are much less likely to speed, and are not distracted by having to check and maintain their speed.

P{Lus in my experience, I am a far more relaxed driver when using cruise control.

Many drivers in Thailand would benefit from having CC. It could prevent them from making large and totally random changes speed which is something they seem to do all the time, much to the annoyance of people like me who actually know how to maintain the same speed without mechanical aids.

Cruise control should be banned. All it does is allow drivers to hog the centre lane going, usually, slower than the rest of the traffic.

Reminder: you are not supposed to drive faster than the speed limit. If you do, I don't see why anyone respecting the speed limits would be barred from using the middle lane?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Cruise control should be banned. All it does is allow drivers to hog the centre lane going, usually, slower than the rest of the traffic.

Reminder: you are not supposed to drive faster than the speed limit. If you do, I don't see why anyone respecting the speed limits would be barred from using the middle lane?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Someone more famous than me said:

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

On the subject of hogging the centre lane.

Being apparently oblivious to other vehicles whilst driving in the centre lane, when the left lanes are clear, and obstructing the path of others displays a complete lack of respect for other road users. Fortunately here in Thailand these people are in the minority.

• 2 weeks later...

No. Stupid drivers should be banned. Cruise control is great.

Agreed cruise control is OK in the wide open spaces of the US but pointless here unless hogging the middle lanes as there is almost nowhere to use it and not inconvenience other road users.

• Like 1

No. Stupid drivers should be banned. Cruise control is great.

Stupid drivers in LOS WITH cruise control. w00t.gif

From the US and I agree with this. Cruise is much more of a toy here, rather than a useful tool. Even on some of the wide and straight roads in the US - like driving from LA to Las Vegas - you have to fiddle with the cruise more often than you would think, just because of inconsiderate drivers. I can imagine it would be much worse here.