Danish Man Jumps To His Death In Jomtien

britmaveric

Danish man jumps to his death from the 13th floor of his Apartment block in Jomtien.

We now take you to the Jomtien Paradise Condominium at the far end of Jomtien Beach. Security guards called the Police after a suspected suicide at the location. Police Major Satien from Dongtan Police Sub-station was called in to investigate the case and began with the body of Mr. Jurgen Sondergaard aged 71 from Denmark. His body was lying at the entrance to the underground car park and it was clear that he had jumped from a high floor because of the extensive damage to the body.

Police discovered that he is a retired doctor and had come to Thailand with his Wife, Mrs. Mettie Sondergaard. The couple purchased a condo on the 13th Floor and on Monday Morning, Mrs. Sondergaard left the condo alone and had apparently gone to the Nong Nooch Gardens with an organized tour. Mr. Sondergaard decided not to go but decided to go out and buy a ladder. The security guard offered to help him take the ladder up to his room but he declined the assistance.

Moments later the man apparently jumped to his death. On the 13th Floor, the man’s walking stick had been left on the floor and the ladder had been opened next to a ledge. Police believe the man simply climbed the ladder, placed himself on the ledge and jumped. Evidence of third party involvement could not be found and Police have recorded the death as a suicide. A suicide letter in Danish language was found inside the man’s pocket and is now being translated. His wife could not offer any explanations as to why he would take his own life.

-Pattaya City News

Monday 6th February 2006

Edited by britmaveric

Danish man jumps to his death from the 13th floor of his Apartment block in Jomtien.

We now take you to the Jomtien Paradise Condominium at the far end of Jomtien Beach. Security guards called the Police after a suspected suicide at the location. Police Major Satien from Dongtan Police Sub-station was called in to investigate the case and began with the body of Mr. Jurgen Sondergaard aged 71 from Denmark. His body was lying at the entrance to the underground car park and it was clear that he had jumped from a high floor because of the extensive damage to the body.

Police discovered that he is a retired doctor and had come to Thailand with his Wife, Mrs. Mettie Sondergaard. The couple purchased a condo on the 13th Floor and on Monday Morning, Mrs. Sondergaard left the condo alone and had apparently gone to the Nong Nooch Gardens with an organized tour. Mr. Sondergaard decided not to go but decided to go out and buy a ladder. The security guard offered to help him take the ladder up to his room but he declined the assistance.

Moments later the man apparently jumped to his death. On the 13th Floor, the man’s walking stick had been left on the floor and the ladder had been opened next to a ledge. Police believe the man simply climbed the ladder, placed himself on the ledge and jumped. Evidence of third party involvement could not be found and Police have recorded the death as a suicide. A suicide letter in Danish language was found inside the man’s pocket and is now being translated. His wife could not offer any explanations as to why he would take his own life.

-Pattaya City News

Monday 6th February 2006

I guess nobody saw the guy leaving the complex wearing the Kufi hat :o

Seriously, I got a call today from a very good Danish friend (who is very concerned about the ramifications of the recent "cartoon" fiasco) who mentioned something along the lines of "many mia noi" ??? Which contradicts news from another source that stated the good doctor was "very un happy and depressed"

I hope for the wifes sake, that there will be closure of some sort, irrelevant of the circumstances.

Nearly 75% of medical doctors end their life with a cocktail of alcohol (C2H5OH) and the common tablet (P.O.M.) 'Co-Proxamol'. (Dextropropoxyphene and paracetamol, mix).

It is interesting to note that Co-Proxamol has been banned from use (P.O.M. or otherwise) in the U.K. since October 2005, since it was the medical doctor's choice of suicide.

It is also interesting that its chemical structure is similar to Methadone.

I am saddened to hear of this suicide; yet I feel sure that a medical doctor would choose chemical means, not a stepladder aided-gravity-induced (messy); (very): suicide.

Amen.

The security guard offered to help him take the ladder up to his room but he declined the assistance.

Moments later the man apparently jumped to his death. On the 13th Floor, the man’s walking stick had been left on the floor and the ladder had been opened next to a ledge.

Surely the ledge is no higher than 4 feet?

Doesn't make any sense does it?

A suicide letter in Danish language was found inside the man’s pocket and is now being translated. His wife could not offer any explanations as to why he would take his own life.

Wasn't she asked what was said in the suicide note?

:o

Apparently the Wife was too distraught to translate the message. When I get round to posting the pictures, you will see that the ledge is at least 5 foot high and the old guy would have needed the ladder to hoist himself over. The undedited footage was pretty gross, I just hope my editing guy remembered to pixelate the pictures!!!!

Apparently the Wife was too distraught to translate the message. When I get round to posting the pictures, you will see that the ledge is at least 5 foot high and the old guy would have needed the ladder to hoist himself over. The undedited footage was pretty gross, I just hope my editing guy remembered to pixelate the pictures!!!!

Any theories - seems his wife was Danish, so....?????? :o

Thailand seems a nice place for suicide freaks wanting to end their lives ... shooting their brains out and jumping over the fence. I agree there are chemical ways to end your life, but most of them are cowards and they don't like the feel of 'slipping away', I guess. They want it fast and a 'one-way-ticket'. Though jumping a high building can give you some exitement :o at the end.

Thailand seems a nice place for suicide freaks wanting to end their lives ...

Try selling islam cartoons and t-shirts near Soi VC...

:D

Surely can't be any more offensive than Osama shirts and nazi flags seen for sale thereabouts?

I jumped off a building in Thailand and survived???? :o

Uncomprehensible...

I live in the same building and knew the man quite well. Nothing seemed to indicate he was depressed at all.

They were a quite well of couple, he was a retired doctor and both very friendly persons.

I only can think the reason might be health related. He had a stroke a couple of years ago, hence the difficult walking and the use of a walking stick.

Last year they couldn't make it to Thailand (they normally come here for the winter months)because his wife suffered a stroke.

My condolonces to the wife, she must be absolutely devastated...

Uncomprehensible...

I live in the same building and knew the man quite well. Nothing seemed to indicate he was depressed at all.

They were a quite well of couple, he was a retired doctor and both very friendly persons.

I only can think the reason might be health related. He had a stroke a couple of years ago, hence the difficult walking and the use of a walking stick.

Last year they couldn't make it to Thailand (they normally come here for the winter months)because his wife suffered a stroke.

Sad - hopefully the lad rests in peace and I really feel for his wife. (dare say she feels alone)

Uncomprehensible...

Daily News wrote, he had cancer.

Very sad but still a brave man. I only wish there was a way to end the life that wasn’t as “messy” and dangerous to other people. Personally I think in the way of opium etc when it comes to enduring or ending an intolerably or painful life. I emphasise that I don’t use or advocate the use of illegal substances.

Viking

I've seen all kinds of people, maybe I'm out of the line here, but there is one thing that shocked me..while I was living in Bangkok I saw an englishman right in the lobby of the condo were I was living...It was like those scommercials for the life insurance, a happy man, with his newborned son and with his thai wife, a perfect couple...weeks after I get to see him going home with the most disgusting ladyboy I've ever seen, drunk and unwashed and saying that he was on his way home to his wife along with the ladyboy...it simply shocked me...the point is "The owls are not always what they seem..."