Double Entry Visa In Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

I just picked up my passport and successfully obtained a Single entry tourist visa. When picking up the passport I mentioned to the lady my intention to come back next year to apply for a double entry visa.

She said that its not a problem as long as I show proof of 2 airline tickets into Thailand within the first 3 months. Im not sure why this is the requirement but it is exactly what one of her work colleagues told me when I issued my passport late last week.

She also said the cost was 200 ringit. Both of the people at the consulate were friendly and said that it would not be a problem as long as I had the 2 tickets into the LOS.

• 10 months later...

Single entry visas are still available.

Thanks my one year visa has expired,, was in Cebu Philippines and phoned the Thai staff told me if I had another visa before could not apply in Cebu. By the way Cebu and Bohol was very nice, great beach Panglao island Bohol.

• 7 months later...

I plan to see Malaysia and get another tourist visa for Thailand. Am I limited in the type of visa vs. Laos(single vs. double entry)? I didn't have to fly in or out but these older posts seem to imply that I would need to do so in Malaysia. My citizenship is U.S.

thanks,

Thanks Mario,

I want to see Krabi and other places when tourist season is low(and it will probably never be lower than now) and I have a friend going with me. The plan was then to go to Malaysia and see some things and attain a new tourist visa. But if I can only get a single entry visa, that brings up a new question: Can I enter Thailand with the 30 day tourist exemption(non-visa), which I did once when I first visited in April 2013? Then travel a month later to get the double entry tourist visa? A flight from Kuala Lampur to Vietiane is $400 and a bunch of hassle in a country that I have already seen and I wanted to hit some spots on the train ride back up to BKK anyway. Just to be sure, a single entry can be extended to equal 2 months, correct?

Why don't you get a tourist visa before traveling. A two entry would do it for you.

If you don't have a ticket out of the country within 30 days you can be denied boarding your flight to here.

Joe,

I didn't know that I could get a tourist visa here. I thought it was all done outside the country. Malaysia has the best Penang and it won. I didn't plan to fly at all, just take the train down from around Surat Thani and see parts unknown on the way back up.

Joe,

I didn't know that I could get a tourist visa here. I thought it was all done outside the country. Malaysia has the best Penang and it won. I didn't plan to fly at all, just take the train down from around Surat Thani and see parts unknown on the way back up.

Your last post looked like you were planning on traveling to here. I missed the other one.

In Malaysia the best place to get a single entry is Penang. For a 2 entry Laos is your only choice unless you are willing to travel further.

Thanks for the response Joe,

I am curious if this pending crackdown on Tourist Exemptions will affect my attaining another Tourist Visa. It sounds like they assume anyone here who doesn't have hotel reservations is working. I have been here 6 months as a tourist and several months before that as a student getting a CELTA to teach English but have not really looked to find a teaching job in a school. Will I get locked out trying to get another Tourist Visa? Don't a lot of people in their 40s-60s come here for a number of months and just enjoy the country without working?

You can still get tourist visas. The new rules for visa exempt entries have not changed that.

You may be asked to show financial proof that you have funds from outside of Thailand to get it. That is good proof you are not working here.

You can still get tourist visas. The new rules for visa exempt entries have not changed that.

You may be asked to show financial proof that you have funds from outside of Thailand to get it. That is good proof you are not working here.

Just wanted to ask how is showing proof of financial means from outside Thailand - good proof you are not working here?

Are you referring to a copy of one's home bank statement? These types of things cannot be verified and most likely could easily be forged (photoshopped) so how is that proof of anything?

Just wanted to ask how is showing proof of financial means from outside Thailand - good proof you are not working here?

Are you referring to a copy of one's home bank statement? These types of things cannot be verified and most likely could easily be forged (photoshopped) so how is that proof of anything?

What the nearby embassies and consulates prefer to see is a Thai bank book with transfers coming in. They could get it verified by a phone call.

II will not bother responding to the forged document question. Because if somebody was that desperate it would probably mean they are working here illegally or involved in some other nefarious activity.

What the nearby embassies and consulates prefer to see is a Thai bank book with transfers coming in. They could get it verified by a phone call.

So you're saying the average "genuine" tourist trying to get additional tourist visas should have a Thai bank account so they can provide financial proof? Is that even possible to open a Thai bank account without a tourist visa in the first place?

So you're saying the average "genuine" tourist trying to get additional tourist visas should have a Thai bank account so they can provide financial proof? Is that even possible to open a Thai bank account without a tourist visa in the first place?

I am not saying they have to.have one. But it is something I would suggest doing if you plan on staying for a while. It can be cheaper than getting your money by ATM all the time. A person could transfer in enough for a few months of living expenses and then use their local ATM/Debit card to get funds as needed.

You don't have to have any visa to open a bank account. It might mean trying a few different branches to get one opened but it is possible.

Info here for opening an account at Bangkok Bank. http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/SpecialServices/ForeignCustomers/Pages/Openinganaccountnew.aspx