Can I Extend My Visa ?

Thanks to replies I got from my last post ' Retirement or Marriage Visa ', I had decided to go for the Retirement visa as it seems less hassle to get. But I'm now wondering if it's worth trying to get an extension on my current visa ( Non Immigrant, Cat. O, Multiple entry ), before I apply for the Retirement visa ?. If so, can this be done without leaving Thailand. And how much would it cost ?. Also, has it got to be done within a certain date, before my current visa expires, next year in June ?.

It is the retirement extension of stay that is easier to get - not a retirement visa (which requires you apply in home country and provide medical and police report.

So during the last 30 days of any non immigrant O visa entry you can extend for one year for retirement reasons at immigration - up to you if you want to wait until middle of next year or not - as long as you do not mind doing 90 day border runs there is no hurry. You would have to make your final entry before visa expires in June for full use and then after 60-80 days do your one year extension of stay.

Since you are married to a Thai, you could also extend your last entry for 60 days , but it would cost you 1900 baht, the same as a 1 year extension for retitement so I don't know wht you would want to do it. Just proceed with the retirement extension if you have all of your ducks in a row!