Worldpay In Thailand

Hi,

Was just wondering if anybody has had any experience using WorldPay in Thailand?

Are there any other services out there which would enable me to accept credit cards on a website payable into a Thai bank account? Preferablly all in Thai baht.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,

Was just wondering if anybody has had any experience using WorldPay in Thailand?

Are there any other services out there which would enable me to accept credit cards on a website payable into a Thai bank account? Preferablly all in Thai baht.

Thanks in advance for any help.

https://www.paysbuy.com/Default.aspx

http://www.thaiepay.com/

http://www.e-pay.co.th/home.html

http://www.sbuypayment.com/en_index.php

I would reccomend ThaiEpay but you might want to hold on for a couple of weeks...maybe months at follow this story.

http://www.finextra.com/fullstory.asp?id=14678

Many of the Thai banks now offer such services themselves - Krung Sri, Bank of Asia etc. - not sure how reliable they are, however.

Or try www.payzip.net, I find them to be pretty reliable and good customer service also. They're based in Singapore with an office in Phuket.

:o

Take back what I said about Payzip. They've just gone tits up:

Dear Payzip Merchant,

It is with great regret that we have to inform you that Payzip's merchant accounts have been closed down by our acquiring banks. The accounts were closed down due to pressure from Mastercard, who claims that Payzip is a third party payment processor.

Asiadebit/Payzip has gone to great lengths to prove that this is not the case, but in the end Mastercard chose to close the accounts. On top of the closure, they will fine our company, Asiadebit Pte Ltd (Singapore), 2,500 USD per day dating back since the day we started operating Payzip. This adds up to several million dollars.

We have no other choice but to cease operations effective immediately.

We understand that this will also have huge implications on your business as there are outstanding funds due to you. Be assured that we have tried every possible way to avoid this and to maintain our business as well as yours, but to no avail.

Our current standpoint is to counter sue Mastercard, but that is a process that can take years and with no guarantee of success. We are not the only payment processing company that experienced this problem. Several companies such as ours have ended up in a similar fashion as you might know from before.

Words can't describe how terrible we feel about this situation. If there is anything we can do to help you out, such as getting a new merchant account, please let us know and we will do the best we can. If we get any funds released, we will of course disperse it back to you. The chances for that to happen at this point look pretty grim though.

Sincerely,

The Payzip Team

Anyone else now in a fix?

:o

Take back what I said about Payzip. They've just gone tits up:

Dear Payzip Merchant,

It is with great regret that we have to inform you that Payzip's merchant accounts have been closed down by our acquiring banks. The accounts were closed down due to pressure from Mastercard, who claims that Payzip is a third party payment processor.

Asiadebit/Payzip has gone to great lengths to prove that this is not the case, but in the end Mastercard chose to close the accounts. On top of the closure, they will fine our company, Asiadebit Pte Ltd (Singapore), 2,500 USD per day dating back since the day we started operating Payzip. This adds up to several million dollars.

We have no other choice but to cease operations effective immediately.

We understand that this will also have huge implications on your business as there are outstanding funds due to you. Be assured that we have tried every possible way to avoid this and to maintain our business as well as yours, but to no avail.

Our current standpoint is to counter sue Mastercard, but that is a process that can take years and with no guarantee of success. We are not the only payment processing company that experienced this problem. Several companies such as ours have ended up in a similar fashion as you might know from before.

Words can't describe how terrible we feel about this situation. If there is anything we can do to help you out, such as getting a new merchant account, please let us know and we will do the best we can. If we get any funds released, we will of course disperse it back to you. The chances for that to happen at this point look pretty grim though.

Sincerely,

The Payzip Team

Anyone else now in a fix?

Yes, they sent me that as well. What site were you running and any plan to get your money back?

Apparently it's not as bad as it first looked - i.e. possibility of getting some money back some time :o . They've definitively closed down the credit card gateway though, so you will have to look for another provider.

I'm currently investigating UOB, who've just taken over Bank of Asia and - back to topic! - they seem pretty dependable. After a 2500 Baht non-returnable application fee they charge only 3% of transaction, and give direct settlement into your Thai bank account, which is probably the best deal I've seen so far.

Catch? You have to be a legit company registered in Thailand, trading for at a least a year, and keep minimum 100,000 Baht deposit in a UOB bank account. This is fine for me, but may not be for others.

Go with ThaiEpay. All the client websites I've made all use this system and it's superb, so easy to integrate.

Cheap as well, just 2,950 BAHT a year + 4% of transaction, paid monthly directly into a Thai Bank account.

i have decided to go with thaiepay - i was using payzip.net until they went tits up with about $25k of my money. hope that thaiepay will be reliable! they seem to have a fair few clients. any other feedback on them?

Any reports about 2Checkout.com?

Good or bad.

thanks

All I know is that 2checkout.com is the one Payzip suggested to me as an alternative when they went bust, so could be jinxed...

Also just found out that Thai Epay use the UOB / Bank of Asia system, so may as well go with UOB directly (if you can) and cut out the middleman (Thai Epay charge 4% + VAT, plus monthly fee, UOB only 3% + nada).

I'm sending off the application tomorrow, so will report back how it goes.

I've never used 2checkout, but have never read anything negative about it. They are a bit expensive though - $0,45 per transaction + 5,5% they charge if I remember correctly.

Some of you guys seems to already be running online businesses from Thailand, are any of you shipping stuff to Europe/USA? I've found some really nice handicrafts, but it wouldn't be worth selling them online with the shipping prices I've found.

I used Paysbuy myself and so far so good.

However they can't do Mastercard for the moment. I thought I'd check that Thaiepay can still do Mastercard as it's still on their website, but I got this reply on 10th Feb:

Dear Mr Thaitanic,

We are pleased to receive your e-mail. We are kindly to inform you that

now MASTERCARD is temporary unavailable for our system but please

don't worry we are processing this matter with the bank already and it is

in process. It will eb usable by the end of April 2006. So we would like to

offer you to use another credit card, VISA or AMERICAN EXPRESS.

However, we apologize for your inconvenience and thank you for using our

service.

PS. If you need more information, please send us e-mail.

With Warm Regards,

THEETHAT

THAIEPAY Department

PORAR WEB APPLICATION

[email protected]

Thaiepay's shopping cart system (thaieflow???) looks attractive if you don't have a shopping cart.

Paysbuy's direct credit card pay system doesn't tell you which product they've ordered which is a nightmare if 2 of your products are the same price. Also it doesn't even tell you the customers email address so you can't even ask them what they've ordered. Silly.

Edited by thaitanic