Defence Minister Confirms That Al-qaeda Terrorists Will Not Flee To Thailand

Jai Dee

Defence Minister confirms that Al-Qaeda terrorists will not flee to Thailand

The Defence Minister, Gen. THAMARAK ISARANGURA NA AYUTTHAYA (ธรรมรักษ์ อิศรางกูร ณ อยุธยา), has confirmed that the Al-Qaeda terrorists will not sneak into Thailand. He has assuerd that Thailand is always on alert in regards to such reports.

He believes that Al-Qaeda prisoners who fled from prison will not come to Thailand. Nevertheless, he has assigned his officers to obtain further relevant information, in an attempt to prevent any possible disorder in the country. He also said that the prisoners do not have any connection with the insurgents in the Deep South.

Deputy Prime Minister and Justice Minister CHITCHAI WANNASATHIT (ชิดชัย วรรณสถิตย์) said that he has not received the report yet. However, he said that Thailand always exchanges news with other countries and has requested people not to link the event with the violence down south.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 07 Febuary 2006

Gee, I wonder how 'assured' translates back into Thai. The Thai people sometimes ask, "For sure, for sure?" Is that an absolute professional and personal guarantee, promising that if he's wrong, he'll divest himself of both his general's rank and his na ayutthya title?

Now I feel much better, much safer. Aroi mahk.

That's great, thank goodness, I feel so much better now.

:o

The reason you feel safe is because it's all true. Yes, everything the General says is TRUE. After all he's a military man just like his companion in the photo. So no need to worry, No Al Qaeda in Thailand. Not Now. Not Ever. That's the truth.