Auto Insurance!

David006

A couple of Insurance stories...

This is not about farang getting screwed ..more about the wiles of insurance companies maybe.

Back in 2005 while we were building our house a brand new 6 wheeler happened to sideslip into our truck stoving in a fender.

So we called our insurance guy and he came armed with camera and wrote up the claim against the truck owner's insurance.

Turns out that his insurance company or individual therein failed to deposit his premium and hence the poor bugger was uninsured.

One down for the insurance company.

I think/hope he got it sorted; we got our truck fixed in any event,

Recently I decided that our truck (12 year old) should or could be fixed up by way of dents and paint etc by the insurance company via # 1 insurance which we had paid in approx 120k over the years.

They agreed and we went to the previous claim body shop to get it all done.

The body shop said they no longer deal with our particular company. Hmm-mm.

So we phoned around and found another shop which would do the work.

Great, got it all done and now have shiny new looking old truck.

Today the shop phones us and asks us to fax the license no +++ to them as they are having trouble and need to supply details in order to get paid by the insurance company.

Now this is not our problem but it strikes me that big business i.e. in this case an American insurance company are less than ethical in their dealings when it comes to claims.

In this case it seems that the insurance company is avoiding/delaying payment .... they must already have all the vehicle details on file.

The body shop is owned by a young couple who seem to provide excellent service and work hard.

Just pisses me off..............rant over...

Can't blame some Thai people for resenting the Farang methinks...

if they can wriggle out of payment they will.

Naah, they would never resort to these kind of practices.

There are even several claims on this forums from members who say the company will even pay out if you ride an illegal imported, non registered motorbike.

All insurance contracts I've read clearly state that each incident which causes damage must be processed a a separate claim.

In the past, it was commonplace for repairers to put through quotes with multiple incident damage combined into the one claim, but the insurance companies all seem to be getting more serious about enforcing the rules now - no doubt due to widespread abuse...

As for your first repairer, my guess is they got themselves booted off the approved repairer list with your insurance company for flaunting these rules..

All insurance contracts I've read clearly state that each incident which causes damage must be processed a a separate claim.

In the past, it was commonplace for repairers to put through quotes with multiple incident damage combined into the one claim, but the insurance companies all seem to be getting more serious about enforcing the rules now - no doubt due to widespread abuse...

As for your first repairer, my guess is they got themselves booted off the approved repairer list with your insurance company for flaunting these rules..

Last time we made claims, yes we could do it - just a separate claim form for each "incident" I recall there were 5 separate bits of damage to fix, including scuffed wheels. It was all processed though, and most of my car was repainted to fix paint chips and scratches. I think there was a very small excess to pay also.