Whats The Best Way To Do A Visa Run To Cambodia.

Hi,

I planning to do a visa run to Cambodia in the next couple of weeks. I have my own bike and plan to drive myself... I live in Bangkok. Can I get some good advise on which border i should use and some of the problems that I might experence... Thank you for your information and time...

Michael

Cambodian immigration may ask you for another 300 baht when you exit. It's reportedly a scam, but I don't know if anyone has experience on whether you should refuse. I have no experience - I've only used Chong Jom where they also tried that on. I pretended to have difficulty extracting the cash from my pocket and when the passport was handed back I took it, smiled and walked away. There was a shout but no chase!

Remember to bring 2 passport photos - you can get them cheaply in the Kodak shop on the left hand side of your route thru town at Sa Kaeow or Watthana Nakhon (can't remember which it was) and probably at the border (more expensively) if you forget.

A visa to enter Cambodia should cost 1,500 baht or US$20 (cheaper option). You might be able to use a $25 online visa if you want to stop Cambodia putting their one page paper stamp in your passport

Google Arranyaphratet ThaiVisa for more threads

Thanks for the info... Are there any other scams i should be cautionish about? Any tout problems? Also hows the drive out there? How long? Anything I might like to see on the way?

Michael

Edited by thewug

quick easy drive up, how long? how fast do ur ride? (apx 6 hours.) the border is very easy, Note u can if u wish make a holiday out of it an ride ur bike into Cambodia. ur only 2 hours from Siem Rep and Angkor Wat.

Otherwise avoid the scams and get an evisa. $25 online

I just exited at Poi Pet 2 months ago an there were NO scams or extras leaving Cambodia or enteringThailand.