Aquarium Fish

you can find that stuff in some department store

but if you have time, go to "Sunday Market" (apart of JJ /Chatuchak market).. alot of supplier their and cheap price

The biggest wholesales market for ornamental fish is located at Chatuchak Sunday market area in Bangkok which is opened from Tuesday early morning until Wednesday evening. Another wholesales market is located at Ratchaburi province where a lot of ornamental fish are produced.

f3.gif

sorry i cant find the map in eng for now, the yellow squre is sunday market.

and also small blue blocks are aqurium shops also

Edited by BambinA

As Bambi said, Chatajuk market the best place really, cheap prices and a good selection of goods. You can find your Eheim and Hagen stuff there as well as many cheaper Korean and Chinese made goods.

Heres a tip, go in the week, the fish section of the market is still 90% open and no crowds at all.

:o:D:D We've got some, nice safe gentle pets for the girls. We use methylene blue when we change the water (I think that's the name of it) and pick up fish as and when the old ones die.

I don't want nasty fish, I have a lovely quiet environment going on in there. I did once make the mistake of purchasing a chiclid. Bugger it was, ate everything in sight. I also got some black fluttery things. they are about 8cm long, thin with a kind of black skirt around the bottom (not a very good description). They are also caniballistic. Pretty but deadly. Avoid those!

Should be no reason to add meth blue when changing the water, its a bit of an old school fish keeping trick that which died out because there often wasn't much point to it.

The biggest mistake I see people do when keeping fish is changing all the water in one go, there is no need for it and its bad for the fish and filteration system.

Many cichlids can be added to the aquarium with no problem but if you bought one of those African cichlids they sell everywhere (brightly coloured, usually blue or yellow) then its trouble.

The black fish with the feathery fin is a Knife Fish, as it gets bigger it'll eat whatever it can in the tank.

Should be no reason to add meth blue when changing the water, its a bit of an old school fish keeping trick that which died out because there often wasn't much point to it.

The biggest mistake I see people do when keeping fish is changing all the water in one go, there is no need for it and its bad for the fish and filteration system.

Many cichlids can be added to the aquarium with no problem but if you bought one of those African cichlids they sell everywhere (brightly coloured, usually blue or yellow) then its trouble.

The black fish with the feathery fin is a Knife Fish, as it gets bigger it'll eat whatever it can in the tank.

I think the trick is to stick to one good shop - if you can find one. Some places will sell you anything, they don't care about the fish. Better places will ask about the environment first, before they will sell you a fish.

I like the Lion Head Goldfish - they have as good a personality as a fish can have.

If the yellow powder is stuff to make the water yellow, it is probably oxytetracycline (an antibiotic). You can get it here but don't use it - odds are you will do more harm than good. If you get the dosage wrong you will either i) kill the fish with an overdose or ii) achieve nothing.

If the fish aren't sick...don't treat them.

you can find that stuff in some department store

but if you have time, go to "Sunday Market" (apart of JJ /Chatuchak market).. alot of supplier their and cheap price

The biggest wholesales market for ornamental fish is located at Chatuchak Sunday market area in Bangkok which is opened from Tuesday early morning until Wednesday evening. Another wholesales market is located at Ratchaburi province where a lot of ornamental fish are produced.

I would go to the Sunday Market.

I would go on Tuesday when they first openup.

When I lived in Ubon I had 32 fresh water tanks and would go to BKK (Sunday Market) about once every 3 months to see if new varieties of fresh water fish were available.

On keeping the water level of the tanks proper, I kept 2 clong jars dedicated for the fish. Ater 7 days or so the chemicals would leave the water by wither evaporation or being absorbed into the clong jar.

I would, on a rotating basis, clean the tanks about once every 6 months.

Just on the odd chance people are over on the other side of town ....

Around Seri Ctr on Sri Nakarin Rd are some decent fish stores as well as pet supply stores etc. The pet places are outside around the perimeter

(Great food court on one side of the basement there and an indoor thai style market on the other ... not to mention a huge home pro ... worth a trip!))

What do you do when you go on vacation and there is nobody at home to feed the fishes?

Is there an automatic feeder machine?

White Crane in Sunday Plaza (adjacent to Jatujak market, opposite children's museum) with branches in the B2 floor (parking lot floor) of Emporium and Isetan Dept. store sells Eheim automatic feeder. But a bit pricey at B2,000+. You can set the machine to feed up to four times a day.

Also anybody know where to get yellow powder for fish.It is an anti bacterial no doubt called something else in LOS/I know the brand name here is bio organics or something similar

Is it this one you're looking for?

post-13351-1140000738.jpeg

It's called Yaa Khiaw in Thai and sold at just about any major ornamental fish suppply shops in Sunday Plaza (next to Jatujak weekend market). One bag of this (5g) costs 20 Baht if I remember correctly. 1-2 gram of powder to every 100L of water. And yes, the content is yellow powder, for anti-bacterial medication bath.

Put them in the freezer and have Pla Som when you get back!

Very funny. :o. Maybe i will do that if i rear edible freshwater fish. Not many people enjoy eating aquarium fish like goldfish, guppies, ciclids etc. Do u?

White Crane in Sunday Plaza (adjacent to Jatujak market, opposite children's museum) with branches in the B2 floor (parking lot floor) of Emporium and Isetan Dept. store sells Eheim automatic feeder. But a bit pricey at B2,000+. You can set the machine to feed up to four times a day.

Thank Nordlys, will drop by when i come to BKK. My poor fishes had their lifespan shortened when i left them on vacation for a week or two, without Food.