Kpg Internet Latest

Evening All,

Just preparing for the annual Eastward migration and wondered if anyone could post an update regarding the internet on KPG.

Last year I was getting 2mb connection just outside of Surat Thani fairly comfortably. Latency is fairly terrible but that's to be expected.

Is there any improvement on this? Or indeed 3g anywhere on the island? If so, how fast?

Cheers

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be a pest but I really would be most grateful if somebody could post a speedtest.net result for KPG.

It was acceptable speeds last year but I have an even greater reliance on it when going back this time.

Indeed, it may be an idea to post the results as a sticky given the general necessity for internet these days and the number of recurring threads on the board.

Cheers :)

anguid - Can i assume that's a wind-up (joke)?

A 16mb connection on KPG??? Where on earth did you find that? Which part of the island exactly?

Last year I tried many, many connections around the island in November and it was a standard best of 2/3mb

If you're serious that's absolutely over-the-moon fantastic!!!

No, it's not a joke.

I live in Srithanu and I have a contract with 3BB for a 16/1 Mb connection. I pay around 1500 Baht/month and now they upgraded for free at 19/20.

If you want get it by WIFI for free, you can come to eat at my restaurant (Fellini).

Sorry for the advertising whistling.gif

That's absolutely brilliant. A god send for someone who relies on the internet for work!

To pick your brains a bit further anguid; do you know if this is something that has been recently promoted/rolled out on KPG? I must assume that they've had a major upgrade to get that capability.

I'll have to do a good tour of the island when I arrive this year to try and find accomodation with that speed of connection. If you happen to know anywhere then please do feel free to PM me.

You can be sure i'll be back in to Fellini for my pizza/pasta aswell ;)

• Like 1