Wing 41 Application Open For 2013

Tywais

That time of year again for those wanting Wing 41 (Air Force Base access). Saw a stack of applications on the secretaries desk so dutifully filled mine out with documentation.

Previous years topic here - http://www.thaivisa....412550-wing-41/

Copy of Driver's license

Copy of passport

Copy of Tambien Lort (Car registration book - blue book)

Filled out and signed form and all above copies signed.

60 Baht application fee + 5 baht for stamp.

Application building location.

post-566-0-56509200-1351837772_thumb.jpg

post-566-0-95610900-1351837884_thumb.jpg

Had a permit for years so this afternoon I called in to collect the form, attach the usual copy of passport, visa, car log book & drivers license. Handed over a total of 65 baht & was out in 5 minutes with the receipt telling me to collect at the end of Jan. All very efficient and pleasant. And there were not many people there so I count myself as very lucky.biggrin.png

Had a permit for years so this afternoon I called in to collect the form, attach the usual copy of passport, visa, car log book & drivers license. Handed over a total of 65 baht & was out in 5 minutes with the receipt telling me to collect at the end of Jan. All very efficient and pleasant. And there were not many people there so I count myself as very lucky.biggrin.png

Wonder if you beat McGriffith. He is usually one of the first 10 or so. biggrin.png Earlier you apply the earlier you will get the sticker. January-March is the normal time frame for pickups depending on when you applied.

Wonder if you beat McGriffith. He is usually one of the first 10 or so. biggrin.png Earlier you apply the earlier you will get the sticker. January-March is the normal time frame for pickups depending on when you applied.

Well....ahem...of course I was there 0900 hrs 1 November and submitted 3 applications- all in the double digit range....rolleyes.gif

So if a Muslim from the South or a Cambodian with an address here applies, he then gets a sticker meaning he can access that military base at any time? Seems reasonable. OK, the sticker gets you through, had one donks ago, but what the hell has that got to do with security? Wasn't the old Taksin regime going to run a highway through there to join the ring roads or was that loss of revenue the reason for the coup? Maybe why Yingluck let it be.

So if a Muslim from the South or a Cambodian with an address here applies, he then gets a sticker meaning he can access that military base at any time? Seems reasonable. OK, the sticker gets you through, had one donks ago, but what the hell has that got to do with security? Wasn't the old Taksin regime going to run a highway through there to join the ring roads or was that loss of revenue the reason for the coup? Maybe why Yingluck let it be.

What does being a Muslim have to do with anything?

There are thousands, probably 10's of thousands of Thai military who are Muslims.

They fly planes, serve in the infantry, drive tanks, etc.

Minority in this country, but there is a mandatory military service for most young males of service age, whatever their religious beliefs...

The Thai Army general who led the coup (against Thaksin)...is a Muslim.

The ring road idea was dropped for whatever reason. Waay before the current gov't.

I doubt it was the cause of the coup- a road project in CM? laugh.png

There is security there. If you are driving through, decide to stop your SUV next to the flight area, get out and start talking pictures.......whistling.gif

Also random checks thrown up occasionally on the main road. Stop, search, etc. Been through a few of those over the years.

I agree with you, yes pretty much everyone who applies will get a pass.

But they are watching you, and silliness or rule breaking there has a zero-tolerance level.

And they are armed to the teeth. smile.png

So, is this just for cars or does it work for motorbikes too?

And on the map, it looks like the applications are located inside the gate. And the trick to get to them is ... ?

David

Motorbikes also. Just tell the guard you need to apply for the 41 sticker. Maybe print out the form I show above to show what you want in case there is a language problem.

• 11 months later...