Mother Accused Of Selling Her 15 Year Old Daughter To Foreigners For Sex In Pattaya

Rimmer

So the undercover officer was a foreigner?

I'm betting it was the same bald media mogul/tourist police volunteer who participated in a similar sordid sting courageous exposé a couple of months ago. Of course that earlier one was memorable because it turned out the girl was 18 anyway, thus making everyone involved look like idiots.

One would think that "do-gooders" could find better good to do than stopping poor people from earning a few honest Baht. But hey, that wouldn't sell newspapers, would it?

• Like 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One would think that "do-gooders" could find better good to do than stopping poor people from earning a few honest Baht. But hey, that wouldn't sell newspapers, would it?

Even if the 'earning a few honest baht" involved the pimping of minors ?

Lets not forget, the victim involved in this alleged offence was <16 years old. Where I come from, we call people that are less than 16: kids, or more formally children.

If you reckon that pimping minors is: earning a few honest baht, then I would suggest you've a really <Snipped>-up set of principles.

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1

Mother claims that prostituting her daughter was only way to pay debt collectors

Pattaya: Police arrested an Issan mother as she pimped her 15 year old daughter

Undercover officers, working in the Child and women protection unit, monitored a woman on Pattaya beach road as she attempted to pimp her daughter out to tourists and passers by.

Suspicion was raised and a “plain clothes” detective went with the woman to a central Pattaya Hotel where marked money was used to finalise the transaction. Other officers closed in quickly and arrested the two women who were taken to the Police station.

4000 Baht in marked notes was recovered from the woman who then made a statement that she had run up a 100,000 baht debt with loan sharks and needed the money for the daily interest payments. Officers were equally concerned that the 15 year old was totally complicit in her own prostitution and, until their arrest, showed no signs of concern at all. This obviously leads them to believe that the two may have been operating for some time.

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2011-11-03

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Lets not forget, the victim involved in this alleged offence was <16 years old. Where I come from, we call people that are less than 16: kids, or more formally children.

If you reckon that pimping minors is: earning a few honest baht, then I would suggest you've a really f**ked-up set of principles.

The idealistic and fanciful notion of an innocent childhood that lasts until you are 20-something is all well and good in a country where everyone is rich and all is sweetness and light. Personally I dont know of anywhere like that, and if indeed there is somewhere like that then it certainly is not Thailand or any of the neighbouring countries.

No, many people here live lives of real poverty and face years of mind- and body-numbing labour for very little return until they die. Who am I to deny them the possibility of improving their lot honestly?

As for "victim" "pimping" "minor" (not forgetting other emotive words like "trafficking" and "abuse" that are also paraded out whenever there is a case like this), who's to say that the girl wasn't keen to help her family? I don't suppose anyone who was there actually asked that question which, to me, is crucial to the issue.

And who's to say that the girl wasn't also thinking that maybe some nice farang would take a shine to her and marry her and provide for her and her family for the next 50 years. Go on, tell me that there aren't a thousand ladies of all ages from 10 to 50 in Pattaya who don't think exactly that from time to time. And whilst you are at it, tell me that it could never happen.

No, there is much more to this than the people who cry "scandal" can imagine. And the worst part of it is that many of the self-righteous "do-gooders" in these sting cases are probably far more interested in promoting themselves or their business or their career than in actually helping the girl or her family, or anyone else for that matter.

• Like 1

If you reckon that pimping minors is: earning a few honest baht, then I would suggest you've a really f**ked-up set of principles.

The idealistic and fanciful notion of an innocent childhood that lasts until you are 20-something is all well and good in a country where everyone is rich and all is sweetness and light. Personally I dont know of anywhere like that, and if indeed there is somewhere like that then it certainly is not Thailand or any of the neighbouring countries.

No, many people here live lives of real poverty and face years of mind- and body-numbing labour for very little return until they die. Who am I to deny them the possibility of improving their lot honestly?

As for "victim" "pimping" "minor" (not forgetting other emotive words like "trafficking" and "abuse" that are also paraded out whenever there is a case like this), who's to say that the girl wasn't keen to help her family? I don't suppose anyone who was there actually asked that question which, to me, is crucial to the issue.

And who's to say that the girl wasn't also thinking that maybe some nice farang would take a shine to her and marry her and provide for her and her family for the next 50 years. Go on, tell me that there aren't a thousand ladies of all ages from 10 to 50 in Pattaya who don't think exactly that from time to time. And whilst you are at it, tell me that it could never happen.

No, there is much more to this than the people who cry "scandal" can imagine. And the worst part of it is that many of the self-righteous "do-gooders" in these sting cases are probably far more interested in promoting themselves or their business or their career than in actually helping the girl or her family, or anyone else for that matter.

Yet more apologia for paedophilia and the pimping of children less than 16 years of age - unbelievable.

I think poor kids have as much right to their childhood as rich kids. And I'm amazed that there are people out there that are prepared to defend the pimping of minors and underage prostitution, out of financial neccessity.

I'm only grateful that people like you are an ever-dwindling minority and that hopefully all children in Asia, and poor countries all around the world, will be able to grow up in a safe and secure environment.

Yet more apologia for paedophilia and the pimping of children less than 16 years of age - unbelievable.

I think poor kids have as much right to their childhood as rich kids. And I'm amazed that there are people out there that are prepared to defend the pimping of minors and underage prostitution, out of financial neccessity.

I'm only grateful that people like you are an ever-dwindling minority and that hopefully all children in Asia, and poor countries all around the world, will be able to grow up in a safe and secure environment.

You must live in a complete dream world that is totally removed from reality. Yes, I'm sure it would be delightful (if somewhat dull) if everyone could have the first 15 or 20 or however many years of their life devoted to playing with teddy bears and generally being nice to each other, but unfortunately it just aint gonna happen. Not here and not anywhere.

Those who have to live in the real world, especially in poorer countries, may still have to think about getting an income in whatever way they can. Those who seek to forcibly give young people the "right" to a childhood and so prevent them from doing any sort of work dont seem to care much about what they might be losing in the process, or how they will replace it. I dont see them putting their hands in their pockets to finance the loss either. Apparently the effects of moral indignation dont extend quite as far as the wallet.

Oh, and paedophilia has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with 15 year olds according to any definition that I have ever read, even if it does look nicely emotive in print. Maybe you should look it up.

For Christ sake, the daughter was being pimped by her mother to pay off a loan shark debt of 100k baht. How many options do you think the girl had other than running away from home & living on the streets or worse.

I think it would be better if a young looking female police officer, portrayed herself as an underage girl. Then with her police handler they can try and draw in pedophiles. These are the people that should be targeted by the police. I don't agree with the mother selling her daughter, but I don't know what their lives have been.

I would like to see the authorities look at ways to help both the mother and daughter to get away from the life they find themselves in. Punishing the mother will more than likely end up hurting the daughter also.

But unfortunately it just aint gonna happen. Not here and not anywhere.

Not with people that think like you around, it won't.

And we're talking about Thailand, where these acts are illegal: where is this "real world" your are referring to ?

Edited by londoedan

I think it would be better if a young looking female police officer, portrayed herself as an underage girl. Then with her police handler they can try and draw in pedophiles. These are the people that should be targeted by the police. I don't agree with the mother selling her daughter, but I don't know what their lives have been.

I would like to see the authorities look at ways to help both the mother and daughter to get away from the life they find themselves in. Punishing the mother will more than likely end up hurting the daughter also.

Aren't pedophiles people who prey on prepubescent children. How would a police officer look like 12 year old or younger?

Aren't pedophiles people who prey on prepubescent children. How would a police officer look like 12 year old or younger?

In my book, underage is underage, no if's or buts. They are all children. A child having a relationship with another child of similar age is one thing. But a mature adult who seeks out underage girls is a pedophile in my book, no matter what a dictionary might define it as.

The police officer just needs to advise that she is underage.

In my book, underage is underage, no if's or buts. They are all children. A child having a relationship with another child of similar age is one thing. But a mature adult who seeks out underage girls is a pedophile in my book, no matter what a dictionary might define it as.

For the primary sexual interest in 11–14 year old pubescents, see Hebephilia. For mid-to-late adolescents (15–19), see Ephebophilia. The International Classification of Diseases (ICD) defines pedophilia as a "disorder of adult personality and behaviour" in which there is a sexual preference for children of prepubertal or early pubertal age. As strongly as you feel you can't make up your own definitions of words.

Sometimes underage is 18 or 19 or 20 or 21. What is that in your book? In the UK the legal age is 16. In Spain it is 13. In Australia they have different ages for different kinds of sex. In Indonesia it is 19 for males. So is underage underage no ifs ands or buts? What is the legal age in Burma?

Is underage really a matter of geography or is there one country that has the correct legal age that we should all follow?

Edited by chiangmaikelly

For the primary sexual interest in 11–14 year old pubescents, see Hebephilia. For mid-to-late adolescents (15–19), see Ephebophilia. The International Classification of Diseases (ICD) defines pedophilia as a "disorder of adult personality and behaviour" in which there is a sexual preference for children of prepubertal or early pubertal age. As strongly as you feel you can't make up your own definitions of words.

Sometimes underage is 18 or 19 or 20 or 21. What is that in your book? In the UK the legal age is 16. In Spain it is 13. In Australia they have different ages for different kinds of sex. In Indonesia it is 19 for males. So is underage underage no ifs ands or buts? What is the legal age in Burma?

Is underage really a matter of geography or is there one country that has the correct legal age that we should all follow?

Wow - you can cut and paste infomation from the internet - well done !

In this case we're talking about what is illegal in Thailand. That the minor (as defined by Thai law) was allegedly being pimped by her own mother, adds an extra level of sadness to this case.

she'd be looking very cheesy.gif

Wow - you can cut and paste infomation from the internet - well done !

In this case we're talking about what is illegal in Thailand. That the minor (as defined by Thai law) was allegedly being pimped by her own mother, adds an extra level of sadness to this case.

Well, of course you would be confused. I was responding to a poster named, "I Like Thai" who had his own definition of pedophilia. If you had included the reference you would not be left in a quandary. You see the poster named, "I Like Thai", wrote, "In my book, underage is underage, no if's or buts." Now do you get it? Perhaps you can tell, "I Like Thai" that underage is different in Thailand or in the UK or Burma. He does not know this.

Edited by chiangmaikelly

I agree that the term paedophile is most often incorrectly used, but the age of consent in the UK is 18 for sex with prostitutes, as it is everywhere.

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 1

I agree that the term paedophile is most often incorrectly used, but the age of consent in the UK is 18 for sex with prostitutes, as it is everywhere.

Everywhere? Singapore? Prostitution: Legal Legal red-light districts, mandatory health checks, and must be 16 years or older. Netherlands, Prostitution: Legal clients must be over 16.

Everywhere? Singapore? Prostitution: Legal Legal red-light districts, mandatory health checks, and must be 16 years or older. Netherlands, Prostitution: Legal clients must be over 16.

A quick google search suggests you're wrong about Singapore and Netherlands. Also there are various UN protocols on the rights of children that use 18 and I would think most countries are signatories to this.

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 1

A quick google search suggests you're wrong about Singapore and Netherlands. Also there are various UN protocols on the rights of children that use 18 and I would think most countries are signatories to this.

A quick google search is what I did in the first place. http://prostitution....sourceID=000772

But that wasn't my point anyway. Different countries define at what age a child becomes an adult and it depends on where you are as opposed to some universal law.

Edited by chiangmaikelly

A quick google search is what I did in the first place. http://prostitution....sourceID=000772

But that wasn't my point anyway. Different countries define at what age a child becomes an adult and it depends on where you are as opposed to some universal law.

OK. But I stand by my view that pretty much everywhere in the world now treats 18 as the legal age for prostitution as per the UN protocol. I'd be interested to know of any exceptions although I accept there may be some.

OK. But I stand by my view that pretty much everywhere in the world now treats 18 as the legal age for prostitution as per the UN protocol. I'd be interested to know of any exceptions although I accept there may be some.

I would be hard pressed to defend a number of women who lived with me in Thailand (Plus 40 years of age) as doing it for love or two of my four ex wives speaking of labels. smile.png I'm not sure the UN really does much worthwhile but I take your point. I really don't think the UN is making laws for the majority of nations yet.

Charming

What do you find so charming in this story?

If Dorothy1985 was being sarcastic, it has the same meaning in American English and should not be that difficult to figure out.

My English grandparents used it sarcastically quite often, parents less so and people of my age group probably use it infrequently.

It comes across very well if said with the right tone of voice / facial expression, but on the net, it really needs a sarcasm emoticon (my phone has one but apparently TV does not).

One would have to be terribly thick to even suggest that in this case it is not obvious sarcasm.

So the undercover officer was a foreigner?

I'm betting it was the same bald media mogul/tourist police volunteer who participated in a similar sordid sting courageous exposé a couple of months ago. Of course that earlier one was memorable because it turned out the girl was 18 anyway, thus making everyone involved look like idiots.

Perhaps better if you were IamNotaMember after a comment like that. The girl is 15 years old. Just a kid no matter how you may see it!

What bloke would pay for sex with a 15 year old? What mother or any adult would sell a 15 year old for sex?

Its a truly sickening story.

Edited by smokie36
  • Like 1

Can you please quote where you got that information?

There are 3 factors here Pedophiles, the legal age for consensual sex and the legal age for prostitution which all differ.