Transformer Explosion In Pattaya Tai Knocks Out Internet Cables In Town

Rimmer

Transformer explosion causes cable fire in South Pattaya

fire-5.jpg

PATTAYA:--A fire engulfed telephone and internet cables on the Sukhumvit Road in South Pattaya on Friday causing disruption to traffic and local businesses.

A transformer explosion caused a power surge which led to the fire close to the South Pattaya intersection with the Sukhumvit Road. Emergency services were quick to respond as a large crowd which had gathered to film the fire were told to move back to a place of safety.

After 30 minutes the Pattaya Fire Brigade were able to extinguish the flames and minutes later communication companies such as TOT, 3BB, CAT, Sophon Cable TV, Tippmanee Cable TV and True were on-scene to survey the damage and later on Friday workmen began to replace the cables which had been destroyed by the fire.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/65004/transformer-explosion-cable-fire-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-11-02

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Typical wrong headline, had nothing to do with Pattaya KLANG, occurred in front of Big C (South) and there were a massive number of TOT, TT&T, CAT, etc. trucks blocking the Big C exit soi and connecting soi to Pattaya Tai, once the fire was out at around 6:00 PM

post-10942-0-38173300-1351903148_thumb.p

Maybe a good time to straighten up that precariously leaning post on the slip-road Edited by DD13

Typical wrong headline, had nothing to do with Pattaya KLANG, occurred in front of Big C (South) and there were a massive number of TOT, TT&T, CAT, etc. trucks blocking the Big C exit soi and connecting soi to Pattaya Tai, once the fire was out at around 6:00 PM

post-10942-0-38173300-1351903148_thumb.p

That was my fault, I called the TOT office when my connection went off and was told by them that a transformer fire in Pattaya Klang had knocked all the connections out. Thanks for the heads up though.

I don't see a transformer in the pictures just the cross bars where the HT cables join

There were recent posts re the 'condition' and use by date on many transformers which need to be replaced. I guess this just brings that point home - regular maintenance is essential where electricity is involved. But running phone and fibre optic (f at all) near power is a bit silly with interference from voltage induction etc. Why they cant run power and phone underground also is becoming a valid point, The abortion hanging from concrete poles is so bad with wires hanging and open connections, it is about time the various authorities started removing the dangers and getting it where people cannot illegally tap into it at will. A lot harder to do if underground.