Landslide This Morning

FireMedic

The big new hotel east of Nanai collapsed or a landslide took a good part of it out. I saw one lady and little girl get taken to hospital, but by the looks of it, I hope the workers are ok. It didn't have a major rescue operation going so I guess everyone made it out. I feel bad for all the people living in the small houses at the bottom of the hill.

Yesterday I drove over the Patong roller-coaster and there was yet another landslide few hundred meters west from the Chinese temple.

Part of the road had collapsed. Is this a new one or has it been there for longer time already?

Yesterday I drove over the Patong roller-coaster and there was yet another landslide few hundred meters west from the Chinese temple.

Part of the road had collapsed. Is this a new one or has it been there for longer time already?

You mean this one? That is there for a while, already. In total about 2 or 3 years. It shows up, short after 'repair', again and again.

Very obstinate!

phuket-1-18024YdGUbJJlKUHSCrFkVnaUxdCFLs.jpgphuket-1-18036WbiZBOEZWDCstZtUUjIKRCoTwE.jpg

phuket-4-18037rcxgmtGswoOIBkEMYibBwytbCx.jpg

That's the same place. I don't ever remember driving that way while it was in that condition.

Some years ago, it was almost a plot: The major of Patong was in his Merc on the road. but the germans build cars have good brakes, ESP and other funny stuff. So he could stop without any harm, watch the hole with disbelief, did a phonecall, and: The never ending tale started to flush money in to the constructors pockets

btw: In case, I recall it right: there is some 80 Million available, for the 'real' repair, after the rainy season.

"The temporary repairs, costing 3 million baht, will take two weeks to complete, said Phuket Highways Office Director Samak."

(http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2012/Work-begins-on-repairing-Patong-Hill-road-landslide-site-18036.html)

The money was probably finishing up very quickly, or it's the rains fault. After placing the wire mesh on the road, 5 weeks ago: never ever seen anyone working there!

So, in case it 'works' out, for the constructor, he can start to do the 'permanent' cheesy.gif repair soon

"permanent repairs to the road were likely to start in November or December.

“That project will take at least 90 days to complete,” he added."

3 Million for nothing, methinks!

Edited by noob7