Laab Kung

Dancealot

This year i learned to love Laab Kung. Raw shrimp are soo delicious. I want to eat it more but there some health concerns come to mind hence i want to talk about it.

What is the maximum time for the (river)shrimp to be dead so it can be eaten safely, raw? Is there anything i should take into account before convincing myself it is reasonably safe to ingest?

Laab beef, Laab moo, any raw flesh eaters amongst us?

post-70928-0-76012500-1352009779_thumb.j

I really enjoy any laab but i think Laab Neua is the tastiest also i eat Koy neua on occasions but not to much due to what shopboy hints to! smile.png

The thing with eating any prawn dish such as laab or even Kung ten(jumping) is the spice masks the flavour to much for me.

Nam Tok is my favourite Beef dish if it is good meat.

I really enjoy any laab but i think Laab Neua is the tastiest also i eat Koy neua on occasions but not to much due to what shopboy hints to! smile.png

The thing with eating any prawn dish such as laab or even Kung ten(jumping) is the spice masks the flavour to much for me.

Nam Tok is my favourite Beef dish if it is good meat.

Indeed Laab kung ten needs spices to enhance its flavor. But not Laab kung. In laab kung i actually taste the kung and the river water taste hidden inside the meat of the raw shrimp. I love that raw meat taste from a freshly killed shrimp. The question remains: can it be very dangerous?

If they are fresh and prepared well then i would not consider eating them "very dangerous" but washed down with a few beers or as the Thai's do Lao Khao that should sort any lingering parasites!

If you like the Laab Kung ....have you tried tam khai mot Daeng? Red ant egg sald? very good protien dish and light flavours.

If they are fresh and prepared well then i would not consider eating them "very dangerous" but washed down with a few beers or as the Thai's do Lao Khao that should sort any lingering parasites!

If you like the Laab Kung ....have you tried tam khai mot Daeng? Red ant egg sald? very good protien dish and light flavours.

I suppose the ants are still alive? I love kung ten. But i never saw jumping ants around my eggsbiggrin.png. Thank you i will inquire soon. tam khai mot Daeng...

Edited by Dancealot