Gigantic Bean Bags Where In Bangkok?

fanciman

Where can i get a *Large* bean bag?

Tesco/Carrefour have them, but are way too small.

Perhaps there is a place where I could commission one? That would be ideal, and probably cheaper.

But a well made one in a shop would be fine...

You mean like a beanbag chair? There's a store on the 6th floor of the Big C building on Rahmkhamhaeng Rd. around soi 20. It's a hardware/home decorating store that seemed to be a chain, so it's likely in other places. They have a small furniture section, and had what I remember as a normal sized beanbag chair there. The floor model was orange and I'm not sure if they had other colors. But if Tesco has ones that are too small, this could be as well. I was telling the girlfriend it would be a great chair in her apartment, but she wasn't buying it.

if you are looking for giant bean bags, like in GIANT, call this phone number. 09-6907946.

company is called justin design. they do bean bags.

how did I get the business card, you ask?

well, I was at MBK last year doing some window shopping for furniture on the 5th floor. lo and behold I saw these huge bean bags about the size of 4 regular bean bags put together. I thought they were so cool, I asked for their business card thinking that I might buy one in the future.

you can actually sleep on these bean bags. that's how big they were.

When I was bean bag shopping I was disappointed at places like MBK as bean bags I saw there were too small, bright colors, and made of plastic. I liked what I saw at Siam Discovery--large, attractively upholstered bean bags made of pig or sheep leather died to natural colors; albeit expensive (mine was 8000 baht). Depends on what you are after, but that's another option out there.

I stumbled across 2 bean bag places in the night market by Lumpini Park.

Two tree furniture maker 02-466 3827

Actif Classic Decor 06-5438422

2tree ripped me off a bit, I think, though i am sure not nearly as much as would happen in a department store.

They will do an extra large (2person) bean bag in premium fabric for2600 maybe less, i am <deleted> at bargaining. For just an extra large bean bag (and it is large!) in ordinary fabric for 1800. They are well made, kind of parachute fabric. good stitching. About 1200 for a large one in ordinary fabric.

They sell absolutely gorgeous looking chocolate thick corduroy ones there, but more expensive.

The actif classic is nearby. Pity i didn't see them first. Absolutely built like tanks, these ones. I mean, indestructable almost. THey have a fantastic *WATERPROOF* double lined, amazingly zipped and velcroed seal, finest stitiching... i loved it, so much i am going to go right back and get one. Well, next month anyway. Those ones are collossal! You can have them made as large as you want and the cost is according to size. They are clones of Flatboy, same quality (so i am told, Flat boy must be ace quality!!) And the guy who runs the shop designs them. That is a very good shop.

I am not a furniture buying person, but when i see quality, i love it, and the prices are excellent. The ones sthere are gigantic!! You are looking at 3000, maybe more, but *you could take it abroad*!

SO happy about that place.

• 5 years later...