Rampant & Blatant Drug Use Among Farangs

HardenedSoul

And when I use the word "drugs" I meant drugs like heroin, crack,

cocaine, cannabis, LSD and the like. You do not call people who

use alcohol (even to the excess) or who smoke drug users !

Tobacco and alcohol are both drugs and are just as addictive and dangeous as the illegal ones.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tobacco and alcohol are both drugs and are just as addictive and dangeous as the illegal ones.

I'm off for another coffee to help me through the day...............coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Yup, both to affect the judgement, enabling one to make questionable statements and then hide from them after the fact.

Im all for drugs to those who want it, problem is that some can't handle it. Just like some people become alcoholics or start fights when drunk. The user doing drugs not bothering anyone then its just a victimless crime.

I keep away from drugs here because i don't want to risk the problems i could get into. I love Thailand and don't want to have to end my stay because of some run ins with the police.

Drug use should be a free choice and as many said alcohol can be classified a hard drug if you look at its effects. It worst then many of the drugs you can take. I think you can compare alcoholics with junkies. Both can't handle their drug and will destroy themselves. But should the problems of a few limit the choice of us all. I would say no.

Im not making the laws here and the tough on drug stance seems to score them points, so i don't see anything changing here. I do think a lot of the higher ups are involved in the trade because we almost never see anyone higher up the chain get caught. But now to think of it, i did not see that back home either.

Whatever you guys do, do it responsible, don't bother others with it and don't get caught.

Some quite high profile higher ups are involved in the trade at near-source level.

Im all for drugs to those who want it, problem is that some can't handle it. Just like some people become alcoholics or start fights when drunk. The user doing drugs not bothering anyone then its just a victimless crime.

I keep away from drugs here because i don't want to risk the problems i could get into. I love Thailand and don't want to have to end my stay because of some run ins with the police.

Drug use should be a free choice and as many said alcohol can be classified a hard drug if you look at its effects. It worst then many of the drugs you can take. I think you can compare alcoholics with junkies. Both can't handle their drug and will destroy themselves. But should the problems of a few limit the choice of us all. I would say no.

Im not making the laws here and the tough on drug stance seems to score them points, so i don't see anything changing here. I do think a lot of the higher ups are involved in the trade because we almost never see anyone higher up the chain get caught. But now to think of it, i did not see that back home either.

Whatever you guys do, do it responsible, don't bother others with it and don't get caught.

Hang on leave us alchos alone i love a drink and a ciggy the 2 most dangerous drugs around,and can do quite socialabley pretty much anywhere in the world last time i checked anyway,As to reffering alchos i like to be called a pisshead , by the way alchos go to meetings i dont, but to compare an alcho to a junkie please woul;d i steal from my family NO would i sell my grandma NO would i rob some innoncent for my next high NO would i burgal your house NO,i dont care what rocks your boat if you want to do drugs up to you just leave me alone to my quite beer im not interested in bouncing of the walls,As for taking the risk in thailand or most of south east asia no thanks plain silly,each to there own i suppose but if you know the risks dont complain why me when your getting shaken down.

,As to reffering alchos i like to be called a pisshead , by the way alchos go to meetings i dont, but to compare an alcho to a junkie please woul;d i steal from my family NO would i sell my grandma NO would i rob some innoncent for my next high NO would i burgal your house NO

Neither would most junkies if heroin was as inexpensive as alcohol and if it was not illegal, it would be. I am not sure that all drugs should be decriminalized, but there is certainly as case to be made for it.

,As to reffering alchos i like to be called a pisshead , by the way alchos go to meetings i dont, but to compare an alcho to a junkie please woul;d i steal from my family NO would i sell my grandma NO would i rob some innoncent for my next high NO would i burgal your house NO

Neither would most junkies if heroin was as inexpensive as alcohol and if it was not illegal, it would be. I am not sure that all drugs should be decriminalized, but there is certainly as case to be made for it.

yer maybe but its a choice get drunk or get stoned, and i can go without a beer for days on end no problems give my liver a rest (did you know its the only organ in the human body that can repair itself) were talking about adults who make lifestyle decisions,when i was i kid in aus 13 14 my old man had no problem letting me my brother have a couple of beers at a family friends bbq. but pass around a syringe pills powders please,dont make excuses for junkies im a firm believer in decriminalzing most drugs to take away the criminal element,But ive never resorted to anything criminal or otherwise to get another beer.And as for costs im no expert but im sure in thailand you can get a fix of herion yaa baa for about the same price as a big day on the piss.

Responding to an earlier post about how alcoholics are a better class of drug user because they don't rob and steal : some alcoholics do steal and rob to get their fix, yes, even from their families. If you were to say that you've never heard of such a case then you are probably a liar.

Coming up with a special name for addiction or habitual use of a certain drug doesn't change the fact that it is drug use.

How much does a couple of beers or lou kou cost ? How much does a drug fix cost ?

Responding to an earlier post about how alcoholics are a better class of drug user because they don't rob and steal : some alcoholics do steal and rob to get their fix, yes, even from their families. If you were to say that you've never heard of such a case then you are probably a liar.

Coming up with a special name for addiction or habitual use of a certain drug doesn't change the fact that it is drug use.

How much does a couple of beers or lou kou cost ? How much does a drug fix cost ?

Good point, you can kill yourself (and others) quite cheaply with alcohol. tongue.png

Responding to an earlier post about how alcoholics are a better class of drug user because they don't rob and steal : some alcoholics do steal and rob to get their fix

Not to mention die horrible early deaths due to their inability to stop.

The response "well I'm not like that, just a normal social user" applies to many who do cocaine as well.

Same with the idea "well this is socially accepted and that is not" question is in what circles?

You should see the drug culture in the UK...

I guess it's who you associate yourself with. Here in BKK I don't see it very often but thats because I'm not around those sorts of people. In the UK though was a totally different story... whistling.gif

100 Baht for a pill of yaba.

100 Baht for 2 large bottles of Leo.

10 Baht for a shot of lao-khaow.

What's your point?

Edited by Trembly

What's your point?

I am asking a question as l have no knowledge of the dosh involved. smile.png

What's your point?

I am asking a question as l have no knowledge of the dosh involved. smile.png

My humble apologies. wai2.gif

With all the associated risks, why not just do "Bath Salts". They are perfectly legal.

Then again, you may find yourself behind a dumpster eating the face of some homeless man the following morning.

Are 'bath salts' really legal and easily available here?

If so where, I know someone who needs a birthday 'bath.'

Edited by infinity11

(Laws are often made by those who don't abide by them.

Those with a conscience and an ethical compass need no laws.)

Thailand has some similar laws like in the west BUT the culture appears much more free from some of those western cultures. That is appealing to people with such lifestyles in the thread topic but probably no more or less than anywhere else.

• Like 1

I've had them given to me free on the beach!!!!

They were quickly destroyed!

Since Thaksin was ousted the problem has got lot worse, it's almost endemic similar to the bad old days.

why take them even long enough to destroy them

Since Thaksin was ousted the problem has got lot worse, it's almost endemic similar to the bad old days.

Why would anyone give away free drugs to a guy. Strange story.

nonsense quite likely

I dont mind doing drugs.. but would not do them here. Just too risky, they can test you and then your in trouble.

i am doing drugs every day. beta-blocker to slow my heart rate, lipitor to keep my cholesterol down, some port wine for recreational purposes... wink.png

• Like 1

nonsense quite likely

cheesy.gif Yes...Im sure they were destroyed.....one by one....

• Like 2

I dont mind doing drugs.. but would not do them here. Just too risky, they can test you and then your in trouble.

i am doing drugs every day. beta-blocker to slow my heart rate, lipitor to keep my cholesterol down, some port wine for recreational purposes... wink.png

That was not the kind i was talking about, and the other kind been a long time for me. Even no alcohol anymore, purely for exercise purpose.

Tinfoilhat:

I wonder is consuming alcohol in Saudi or the UAE make you a druggie?

the lines seem pretty arbitrary to me.

--

we all have our own perceptions of what is right and wrong,. I like a drink, and I rarely had to compromise in the UAE

SC

many arabs feel that medicinal MJ is better than being a drunk. You are a drug addict if you are having that drink everynight of the week cowboy..

You are a drug addict if you are having that drink everynight of the week cowboy..

Not a judgement others should make IMO. Many people drink on a daily basis but when circumstances require they stop for a time suffer no discomfort or ill effects.

And even for true alcoholics and other drug addicts, people are only ready to admit they have a problem when their suffering becomes greater than their enjoyment of their substance of choice.