Sondhi To Pass On Rally Leading Role To Allies

penzman

Sondhi to pass on rally leading role to allies

Published on Feb 08 , 2006

Media tycoon Sondhi Limthongkul announced Wednesday that he will no longer lead anti-Thaksin rallies by himself but will leave it to a new umbrella group of his allies to map out and lead the protests against Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Speaking to a press conference, Sondhi said the rally on February 4 would be the last one led by him. Future rallies would be planned and led by the alliance group.

He said an ally would hold a press conference on Thursday to join the anti-Thaksin movement and more allies would come out to join later.

Sondhi said the alliance insisted to continue more rallies at the Royal Plaza although Thaksin would ban the rallies there.

Sondhi said Thaksin would violate the Constitution if he prohibited the rallies at the Royal Plaza.

http://203.154.97.18/breaking/read.php?lang=en&newsid=111466

This is a good move, and The Nation was strongly intimating on Monday that this was the way to go forward.

A broad coalition of forces will ultimately pose a much greater threat to Thaksin.

I saw Sondhi on Saturday and I thought he looked tired and haggard (not surprisingly),

BUT he has done an admirable job and I'm sure he'll continue to support the anti-Thaksin movement financially, if not so vocally, in the future!