Pattaya Bikers Represent Local British Legion At Rememberance Day In Kanchanaburi

Rimmer

Pattaya Bikers represent Local British Legion at Remembrance Day in Kanchanaburi

by.jpg

Pattaya Bikers join Rememberance Day Services alongside British Legion

PATTAYA: -- Over 40 Bikers left Pattaya this morning, after meeting in Soi Siam Country Club Road to begin their charity ride to Kantchanburi for Rememberence day

Organised By the Royal British legion in Pattaya, the “Gang” met for breakfast, amid a cluster of gleaming heavy machinery, before splitting into two groups for the ride which will take them on local roads only to Kanchanaburi, via Bangkok where they will meet others who are taking part.

The fund raising ride is a new addition to the series of events organised by the legion to raise funds for Thai and international charities, as Westerners remember the fallen from the wars.

On Sunday, the bikers will join hundreds of others who attend services in Kanchanaburi, Home of the legendary Bridge over the Kwai , held to remember those who have lost their lives through war. The Sunday ride will be alongside people from all nations and include one man who is walking the journey from the border to Kanchanuburi as a marathon to raise funds

The Service will be attended by dignitaries including the British Ambassador and possibly William Hague, along with many top representatives of the Thai Nation.

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2012-11-09

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Gentlemen thank you for remembering .I a Brit served, I am unscathed.

The clip below is posted as a tribute to all the dead in all wars .

Those who survived but still carry the medals of mental and physical scars of combat whether military or civilians personnel.

We will rememberer them.

Still we wage needless wars.

Will we ever learn the lessons that war bring ?

Edited by siampolee

Outstanding, Ladies and Gentleman of the Pattaya Bikers Club.

You are living a life of freedom and choice, and Our Boys fought and died for exactly that........to give you Freedom and Choice.

My Aunt Nancy died yesterday, aged 90, her husband Trumpeter Arthur Smith was in a Japanese POW camp in Taiwan, I've told the story elsewhere on Thaivisa, I won't repeat it here, except to say that Trumpeter Smith lived with the effects of the War until the day he died in 2002, now 10 years later his beautiful wife has moved on to be with him, and she equally suffered the consequences of the War as her husband fought his demons.

To log on this morning and see that you are putting in the effort to commemorate the Arthur and Nancy's of this world makes me so proud.

Thank you very much. wai.gif

Very well put sir! Too many people are quick to forget the sacrifices of two generations in world wars. The world and freedoms we enjoy today would be very different without their sacrifice and achievements. Many suffered physical and mental effects for the rest of the lives, like your uncle. But, they never complained or made noise about it. I think 1968 is the only year since the end of the second world war in which no British service personnel have been killed. A time to remember all our service personnel, past and present.