Nice Restaurant Near Walking Street?

ThailandNeil

On a soi off Walking Street: Swiss Food Restaurant. Swiss and Italian food (choose Swiss).

Nicely done Swiss food, soup and salad bar included, prices quite reasonable.

http://www.swissfood.net/Lageplan.htm

Don't confuse with the other restaurant close to it that also serves Swiss ... food.

Edited by Jingthing

All I know is that the seafood restaurants are a rip off...nothing like pay 4-5star prices and eat on dirty table clothes and plastic dinnerware. I hear that the Indian restaurant on Walking Street (upstairs) (near the ice cream shop) is good if u like Indian food.

All WS pretty average imo and pretty expensive. Beer garden is one of the best values in all of Pattaya and certainly WS. I never go anywhere else.

I've been in this place 4 times and there's never any women in it. On the occasion there has been a few , well you wouldn't unless you're none too fussy. The beer garden in BKK is far better.

Give LEWIINSKI'S a try 50 Yards from Beach Road Soi 13/3 two Soi's before Walking Street.

Very popular with the golfing commuinty.

Good fair priced European & Thai food.No bar girls but beautiful waitresses

Good luck,

JJ

Edited by Rimmer
Oversize fonts removed

All WS pretty average imo and pretty expensive. Beer garden is one of the best values in all of Pattaya and certainly WS. I never go anywhere else.

I've been in this place 4 times and there's never any women in it. On the occasion there has been a few , well you wouldn't unless you're none too fussy. The beer garden in BKK is far better.

Beer Garden = food & drink

Lucifers or Walking St Bar = women

Give LEWIINSKI'S a try 50 Yards from Beach Road Soi 13/3 two Soi's before Walking Street.

Very popular with the golfing commuinty.

Good fair priced European & Thai food.No bar girls but beautiful waitresses

Good luck,

JJ

Those 2 sois are better known as Pattaya Land 1 and Pattaya Land 2

There are several decent restaurants on those streets like New Orleans (across from Penthouse Hotel). I used to like the big sub sandwiches at the Norwegian bar (might have the name wrong, maybe called Viking?).

then there is my favorite kebab spot that has lovely hummus. They are on 2nd road about 100 yards down from Pattaya Tai. Is owned and operated by an Egyptian gentleman and there is seating inside.

Edited by Jayman

That's one of the big reasons I like it! Enough women to play with only a few meters away. Nice to have a quiet meal before a night out on WS.

If you don't mind eating at a place a bit down the road (and only a 10 Baht fare away), try Hopf's Brew Haus. The pizzas are absolutely fantastic and they do have beer that's brewed there. If you're lucky, the manager will sing opera at some point. He's fantastic.

That's one of the big reasons I like it! Enough women to play with only a few meters away. Nice to have a quiet meal before a night out on WS.

If you don't mind eating at a place a bit down the road (and only a 10 Baht fare away), try Hopf's Brew Haus. The pizzas are absolutely fantastic and they do have beer that's brewed there. If you're lucky, the manager will sing opera at some point. He's fantastic.

I second that. He (the Italian manager) started working there about 15 years ago and he has the best voice of anyone I've ever heard live. Obviously classically trained as an opera singer.

Mind you, a couple of the Philippino band members have been here almost as long (the guitarist and the keyboard player).

And, as you say, good pizza and food in general.