Teenagers To Be Monitored On Valentine's Day

Jai Dee

Social Development and Human Security Minister prepares to monitor teenagers on Valentine’s Day.

Social Development and Human Security Minister Wattana Muangsook (วัฒนา เมืองสุข) is preparing to monitor teenagers on Valentine’s Day, by strengthening measures and patrolling areas around Bangkok.

Mr. Wattana revealed that the Ministry has coordinated with related agencies in strengthening measures and asking the police to check Identification cards of motel customers to see whether they are over 18 years old. He said that dormitories will be strictly inspected, as they can also be used as a gathering place for teenagers.

He also asked for cooperation from the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration in turning on lights at parks around the city and inspecting all vans running in Bangkok. The minister asks all passenger van operators to open curtains for inspection, adding that the measure is aimed at preventing prostitutions in vans, as earlier reported by media.

The Social Development and Human Security Ministry has no policy to support or celebrate Valentine’s Day as it is not significant in terms of religion or Thai tradition.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 09 Febuary 2006

A 960-million-baht Valentine’s date

549000002150601.JPEG

Teens are a prime target of businesses intent on profiting from the growing popularity of Valentine’s Day among Thais.

Lovers are expected to splurge 960 million baht on gifts and romantic dates on Valentine’s Day, according to KResearch.

The estimate represents a 20-percent increase over last year’s total Valentine’s Day spending of 800 million baht, the research arm of Kasikornbank said.

Lovers are likely to spend more this year because of the long weekend preceding Valentine’s Day, the think tank said.

On February 13, Thailand observes Makha Bucha Day, one of the most important events on the Buddhist calendar.

Having recently received bonuses and red envelopes from their employers at Chinese New Year, people still have enough money to buy presents for their lovers and eat out, or take them on an out-of-town tryst, said KResearch, which surveyed the spending plans of teenagers and the newly employed in Bangkok. The survey involved 731 respondents.

Orders to web-based florists increase 30-40 times for Valentine’s Day, KResearch said. Motorbike taxi drivers are also expected to enjoy brisk business delivering flowers on February 14.

Valentine’s Day is widely celebrated in Thailand.

Young Thais know that it is a Western cultural event, but they have embraced it because they want to be more expressive in showing affection to their partners, KResearch said.

More than half, or 56.2 percent, of respondents said Valentine’s Day is an important occasion, 19.4 percent said it is “very important,” and 3.4 said it is not important.

Of respondents who said they have lovers, 58.7 percent said Valentine’s Day is important, while 32.3 said they regarded it as “very important.”

Among respondents who said they have never had lovers, 55.3 percent said Valentine’s Day is important.

Nearly half, or 47.8 percent, of respondents said the long weekend ahead of Valentine’s Day would allow them more time to arrange romantic dates.

The same sample said that they expected to spend 300 baht more on Valentine’s Day this year than in 2005, the think tank said.

About a third, or 32.1 percent, of respondents said they intended to give flowers to their lovers, KResearch said, adding that florists could expect Valentine’s Day sales to rise 10 percent from last year.

Prices of roses are expected to increase sharply, said KResearch.

Mobile phone service providers will also enjoy a share of the increased spending, the research house said.

Some 24.2 percent of respondents said they would call their lovers on their mobile phones on Valentine’s Day, while 14.1 percent would send text and picture messages.

Citing data from leading mobile phone operators, KResearch said the number of text and picture messages sent on Valentine’s Day last year increased 15 percent from the daily average.

Source: ThaiDay - 9 February 2006 14:22

Social Development and Human Security Minister prepares to monitor teenagers on Valentine’s Day.

Social Development and Human Security Minister Wattana Muangsook (วัฒนา เมืองสุข) is preparing to monitor teenagers on Valentine’s Day, by strengthening measures and patrolling areas around Bangkok.

Mr. Wattana revealed that the Ministry has coordinated with related agencies in strengthening measures and asking the police to check Identification cards of motel customers to see whether they are over 18 years old. He said that dormitories will be strictly inspected, as they can also be used as a gathering place for teenagers.

He also asked for cooperation from the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration in turning on lights at parks around the city and inspecting all vans running in Bangkok. The minister asks all passenger van operators to open curtains for inspection, adding that the measure is aimed at preventing prostitutions in vans, as earlier reported by media.

The Social Development and Human Security Ministry has no policy to support or celebrate Valentine’s Day as it is not significant in terms of religion or Thai tradition.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 09 Febuary 2006

:o:D:D Seams they have forgotten the back row in the Cinama !!!!!!

Gambling - banned

Web sites - restricted

Beer gardens - closed

Massage parlours - shut

Late drinking - stopped

Bit of harmless fun on Valentine's Day - stopped

Full moon parties - stopped

All these (and more) are either in force in Thailand or have been called for by various ministers of Thailand's current government.

If they could stop the sun shining, they probably would <snip>

Edited by george

www.bangbus.com have started filming in BKK? :o

Yep and they are still looking for volunteers... but the sex in vans is a new one for me... Hmmm too bad I'll be spending Valentines alone... Oh and what does LOS stand for again?

Does this dictatorship also count in Chiang Mai? Cause I always here about strict applications in BKK but what about the other 50 million people living outside BKK?

SD

hi'

Thai peopel have chosen for a PM, they get what they deserve!

a plain and non onbscure dictatorship :puke:

but TRT ...

and ...the S of los can be either stupid or sh1t :D

I'll tend to go for the first one ... it's too easy to lead low educated people,

and as we still like to live with them, we know that there's no sh1t except in gov talks :o

francois

hi'

Thai peopel have chosen for a PM, they get what they deserve!

a plain and non obscure dictatorship they show off and they like it, the harder they'll fall, you can't destroy country's tradition of living with laws like this ...

but TRT ...

and ...the S of los can be either stupid or sh1t :D

I'll tend to go for the first one ... it's too easy to lead low educated people,

and as we still like to live with them, we know that there's no sh1t except in gov talks :D

francois

Edited by francois

Gambling - banned

Web sites - restricted

Beer gardens - closed

Massage parlours - shut

Late drinking - stopped

All these (and more) are either in force in Thailand or have been called for by various ministers of Thailand's current government.

Don't foret the spaghetti straps :o

www.bangbus.com have started filming in BKK? :o

Yep and they are still looking for volunteers... but the sex in vans is a new one for me... Hmmm too bad I'll be spending Valentines alone... Oh and what does LOS stand for again?

Does this dictatorship also count in Chiang Mai? Cause I always here about strict applications in BKK but what about the other 50 million people living outside BKK?

SD

LOS = Land of Smiles

All of the restrictions cost B200 to avoid

The Govt is in crisis, so they make up stuff to confuse and divide.

Fortunately for us living there, it's all smoke......

and mirrors.....

and smog

Prositution Vans!! Never seen one. Are they common and I'm naive? Or is this a new thing?

If memory serves correctly; about a year ago, it was reported in the BP, that a bunch of Junior-Highschool children were caught "red-handed" having sex (as a matter of routine, yet !) on the rear-seats of their schoolbus . . . Does nobody else remember this story ?

Talk about your "One-Stop-Shop" huh ? ? ?

Anyway; this is going to be really interesting, when the cops are all out and set to be peering into vans and limousines . . . . . . with a bit of luck they'll be able to catch Toxin in a sort of "Lewinsky-Type-of-Pose" . . . . . L.O.L. - Mind you; he;ll simply explain THAT one away by saying that he's taken a "hands-on" approach to a new and revolutionary Thai Sex Eductation Scheme . . . . . . . . .

:o

Gambling - banned

Web sites - restricted

Beer gardens - closed

Massage parlours - shut

Late drinking - stopped

Full Moon parties have not been stopped, wherever did you get that information from?

...but the sex in vans is a new one for me...

There's a gogo in Pattaya, apparently, that does airport pickups with two girls. I think its in a van/minibus and what you get up to in the back on the 2 hour+ journey is 'up to you'

IIRC it was discussed on Pattay Pages, should you be curious... :o

Edited by Tyfon

There's a gogo in Pattaya, apparently, that does airport pickups with two girls. I think its in a van/minibus and what you get up to in the back on the 2 hour+ journey is 'up to you'

IIRC it was discussed on Pattay Pages, should you be curious... :D

Classroom A GoGo or so I am told.... :o

IIRC it was discussed on Pattay Pages, should you be curious... :o

It's the Penthouse Hotel. They send a limo, girl and champers. Why wait until to get to Pattaya to start the fun.........