Gangnam Style Leads To Gunplay Again In Thailand

webfact

"'Gangnam Style' leads to gunplay again in Thailand"

Wrong- stupidity (probably backed by alcohol) and a short fuse leads to gunplay again in Thailand!

Not to mention lax control of illegal fire arms and a Ministry of the Interior cheap guns for provincial officials procurement programme that puts 200,000 cheap guns into irresponsible hands annually. Many of these later show up in shooting incidents.

Irresponsible senators can have an Uzi in a restaurant as well of course. Plus they can't be questioned by the police because of their position. it's no wonder these sort of things occur.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is less appropriate... :

a) Dancing at a temple Gangnam Style

b ) Shotting somebody in the face at a temple

c) Claiming a dance is respible for somebody being shot

All of them???

Isn't drinking alcohol at a temple against buddist precepts too?

Indeed it is.

The issue here is Alcohol and not the song being played. Young 19 year old boys gt plastered on cheap whiskey that could kill them one way or another. I have seen it first hand and nobody stops Young boys from drinking till they fall down.

Cannabis and MDMA should be legalized to provide safer alternative drugs than alcohol. People are much less aggressive when stoned or high than when drunk.

• Like 2

During the cooler months I hear howls of soi dogs, frisky for action. Something about cooler weather here causes an increase in general wrecklessness amongst the thai guys as well. Maybe its best to pray for global warming to heat the country up a couple of degrees. If we had Singapore' weather here the wrecklessness would give way to heat exhaustion, except for one wet holiday in april.

But rather than dancing in traditional style, with its elegant arm movements...

I don't think this reporter has been to a mor lam concert before... lol

He's referencing "old school" mor lam.....

Agree wholeheartedly the modern mor lam you reference bears little resemblance to it.

Also, I doubt a 19 year-old is going to be that fervent a fan of the old style that he shoots people over it.

I also agree with others conveying the shooting had nothing to do with gangnam.

Even If there wasn't any gangnam being played, there could have just as easily been a disagreement over the preparation of som tam that led to a shoot-out.

sad.png

That looks like the Thailand I knew back in 1972-1973. I liked that music. Still do.

• Like 2

But rather than dancing in traditional style, with its elegant arm movements...

I don't think this reporter has been to a mor lam concert before... lol

He's referencing "old school" mor lam.....

Agree wholeheartedly the modern mor lam you reference bears little resemblance to it.

Also, I doubt a 19 year-old is going to be that fervent a fan of the old style that he shoots people over it.

I also agree with others conveying the shooting had nothing to do with gangnam.

Even If there wasn't any gangnam being played, there could have just as easily been a disagreement over the preparation of som tam that led to a shoot-out.

sad.png

That looks like the Thailand I knew back in 1972-1973. I liked that music. Still do.

+1

Edited by Scott

If this was the nanny state of the West, the various politico would be enacting legislation outlawing Gangnam Style dancing except in "acceptable" venues such as discos, nightclubs, and concerts.

Thanks god we left the nanny state behind, although the current batch of Thai politico will probably pass some obscurely worded piece of legislation in a crude imitation of their Western counterparts, which after enactment, will be ignored by everyone, except for BIB looking for a little tea money.

Sympathy for the two young men shot. Hopes for a speedy and full recovery. I'm sure even Buddha had a sense of humor.

During the cooler months I hear howls of soi dogs, frisky for action. Something about cooler weather here causes an increase in general wrecklessness amongst the thai guys as well. Maybe its best to pray for global warming to heat the country up a couple of degrees. If we had Singapore' weather here the wrecklessness would give way to heat exhaustion, except for one wet holiday in april.

After abstaining from alcohol for 3 months during Pansa rain retreats, the average lay Buddhist can go back to getting sh*t-faced drunk and become a wild-and-crazy guy. Just happens the cool season starts after the rains disappear.

How many of us remember our parents bitching about Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Fats Domino, etc and etc. And the way we danced to the music back then. They were sure it was the Devil's music and it was taking us straight to hell. Hey, maybe they were right. w00t.gif

• Like 1

All of them???

Indeed it is.

Yes, it is, but mostly ignored.

All of them???

Indeed it is.

Yes, it is, but mostly ignored.

Says all about the sincerity of Thai Budhism, not?
  • Like 1

Lets blame someone or something else again, Thai style. Sorry, but PSY has played zero part in this.

Exactly, but its not only Thailand.. It seems to be the whole world..

Videos..

Video games..

Now music..

I wonder when the parents will be seen to hold some responsibility over their children?..

Did your parents rap you up in cotton wool, or did you make mistakes?