Rice Pledging Scheme Vehemently Criticised Again

Lite Beer

So Thailand is now importing rice??? You couldn't make this stuff up!

really ?,............ the UK was importing coal costing more than our own under thatcher , same same

Not the same really. Thatcher being the ideological bigot and vengeful harrion that she was went to war with the NUM in order to destroy the union and worker power in general because of the way the miners had brought down the previous Tory government. She was scum with an agenda that had nothing to do with good governance and everything to do with fattening up the coffers of her wealthy buddies. While PT may want to benefit their friends I seriously doubt they deliberatly want to break the backs of the farmers. Ironically they may do so but that will be due to utter incompetence rather than ideological bigotry.

Also not really the same in terms of production/export.

Prior to this year, Thailand was # 1 exporter of rice.

During Thatcher time, UK wasn't even in the Top 10 exporter of coal.

The world's smartest businessman has proved himself to be a blithering idiot again, though I expect to find the he and his family have profited quite nicely from this scam.

Hark Yingluk, do I hear the tramp of boots approaching?

Well it all proves beyond doubt that when you con your way in to owning a telecom monopoly in a country, you will succeed whether you are as thick as two planks of wood or not.

One of Thaksins, rare unique business ideas for Thailand was the Thailand elite program, which performed at only the tiniest of percentages in turns of projected membership and has needed a bail out. As far as the rice goes, this pledging scheme is going to be an absolute disaster, and there are very troubling rumours of how certain people in the Middle East invested massively through Thaksin in huge amounts of land in issan for rice production. I truly hope that the US really do hold Thailand to full account on Wednesday and when Obama comes he lets the Government know in no uncertain terms what he thinks of the current practice of <<Snip!!>> about with a commodity that is a world staple food. As an aside I was reading elsewhere that when Obama is here on the 18th, Yingluck will be at a 4 day conference in Camodia, is she really going to run away to save a one on one awkward encounter with Obama?

If the flock of unswerving Thaksin/red admirers on TV cannot see what is going down here then they really should have worked harder at school.

"when Obama comes he lets the Government know in no uncertain terms what he thinks of the current practice of &lt;deleted&gt;***ng about with a commodity that is a world staple food."

Are you kidding? Obama just got re-elected by using big-government "give-me give-me" vote-buying programs. Obama will most likely congratulate her on her effective vote-buying scheme and they will then compare notes on each others schemes and how to improve them.

Ah, a Romney backer, death to the poor platform didn't win it for you?