Ptt Announces To Reduce Benzene Price By 40 Satang Effective 5.00 Hours Tomorrow

Jai Dee

PTT announces to reduce Benzene price by 40 satang effective 5.00 hours tomorrow

The Petroleum Authority of Thailand, or PTT Public Company Limited, has announced that the benzene price will be reduced by 40 satang per liter, starting tomorrow at 5:00 hours.

Vice Managing Director of PTT, Mr. Chaiwat Choorit (ชัยวัฒน์ ชูฤทธิ์), disclosed that the fuel prices in the world market have continually weakened. Recently, the average fuel price is at a low level.

The retail price for benzene 95 in Bangkok and vicinities will be at 26.44 baht per liter, while benzene 91 will be sold for 25.64 baht per liter.

Gasohol 95 will be sold at 24.94 baht per liter, and diesel fuel is priced at 24.29 baht per liter.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 09 Febuary 2006

For us Uhhmericans, is benzene the same as gasoline, or does it only go into Benzes?

Hey, I didn't know gasohol was even cheaper than 91 octane. But even with 10.5:1 comression ratio, my Honda CBR150RRRRRRRR only needs 91 octane, according to the Thai owner's manual. When I bought it, the CBR was only a 150R, but for every additional R I add to it, I get 0.04 more horsepower.