Abhisit Lodges Lawsuit Against Thai Defence Minister Sukampol

webfact

Abhisit's time would be better spent helping school kids learn and improving Thai schools and also at keeping young girls from getting pregnant too early so they all don't have to spend their entire lives relying on or listening to losers like him.

I thought that would be the government's job.

Well it's just another place where he and his gov failed miserably when they were in power. At this rate with his past lies on this issue, they don't look like getting back into power or knocking Yingluck off her perch either.

Lets wander off topic and discuss the last Government and its policies.

Always useful if you run out of anything relevant to say.

At the end of the day rule of law will win. Abhisit is entitled to pursue his position until the legal process is exhausted.

Interesting case cited today when lawyers referenced the situation of General Niphon Thirapong.

He was stripped of his military rank by the Defence Ministry previously, but the Council of State later ruled that the Defence Ministry did not have the authority to remove General Niphon's rank retroactively as he was no longer in the Army when the ruling was issued.

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

Why not, you falsify documents, dodge a draft and than you sue because retroactive measures are imposed. Never mind, if he wins they should put him on the service and let him crawl to the mud with teenagers. Anyone who is rich and belong to the elite gets away with everything, military service is only for losers, the losers are the poor. Shame on Abhisit.

choices he made as a young man come back to haunt him - imagine that. Never happens to anyone else.

Why not, you falsify documents, dodge a draft and than you sue because retroactive measures are imposed. Never mind, if he wins they should put him on the service and let him crawl to the mud with teenagers. Anyone who is rich and belong to the elite gets away with everything, military service is only for losers, the losers are the poor. Shame on Abhisit.

choices he made as a young man come back to haunt him - imagine that. Never happens to anyone else.

You're missing the point.

He's not 'Red', so he must be held accountable for anything he may have done

what? like that doesn't happen to the red shirts? That's no point.

The guy <Snip> up and now he's being called on it. doesn't matter if it was last week or last century. My only question is about the reality of his skipping out - it's not like the information here is all that accurate. For now I take it that he dodged his service as accused, but I don't take it as gospel.

Edited by metisdead

The guy <Snip> up and now he's being called on it. doesn't matter if it was last week or last century. My only question is about the reality of his skipping out - it's not like the information here is all that accurate. For now I take it that he dodged his service as accused, but I don't take it as gospel.

You take it wrong. He performed his military service, but because of a mistaken date on a document, it is being argued he had no right to perform his service in that manner, and now wish to declare his service void. Whether they have the right to do this 20+ years later is a matter of dispute.

No-one has yet stated (AFAIK) that if the correct date was on the document, it would have precluded him from serving in this manner.

Apisit did not dodge military service. He applied and taught for 6 months at the military college in Nakhon Nayok which is a legal option for Thais graduating abroad with a Bachelor or Masters degree.

The idea is to use them to teach military cadets something from their degrees.

This whole farce by Sukampon is clearly an attempt to derail the censure debate, but it won't work and hopefully will legally backfire on Pheua Thai.

What was it Yingluk promised? Reconciliation, not revenge!!!

If the matter is as open and shut as you suggest and Abhisit has acted entirely legally then all this will be resolved soon.The motives ( and I don't dispute what you suggest ) of those who have set the case in motion are not really relevant.No doubt you have already been able to clarify the question of forged documents.

• Like 1

Apisit did not dodge military service. He applied and taught for 6 months at the military college in Nakhon Nayok which is a legal option for Thais graduating abroad with a Bachelor or Masters degree.

The idea is to use them to teach military cadets something from their degrees.

This whole farce by Sukampon is clearly an attempt to derail the censure debate, but it won't work and hopefully will legally backfire on Pheua Thai.

What was it Yingluk promised? Reconciliation, not revenge!!!

If the matter is as open and shut as you suggest and Abhisit has acted entirely legally then all this will be resolved soon.The motives ( and I don't dispute what you suggest ) of those who have set the case in motion are not really relevant.No doubt you have already been able to clarify the question of forged documents.

"The motives ( and I don't dispute what you suggest ) of those who have set the case in motion are not really relevant."

Of course, that applies equally to Thaksin's corrupt land deal, no? Except in this case, the decision to strip him of his rank is being made by a committee of political adversaries and their subordinates, rather than the case being decided in a court of law.

• Like 2

The guy f'd up and now he's being called on it. doesn't matter if it was last week or last century. My only question is about the reality of his skipping out - it's not like the information here is all that accurate. For now I take it that he dodged his service as accused, but I don't take it as gospel.

You take it wrong. He performed his military service, but because of a mistaken date on a document, it is being argued he had no right to perform his service in that manner, and now wish to declare his service void. Whether they have the right to do this 20+ years later is a matter of dispute.

No-one has yet stated (AFAIK) that if the correct date was on the document, it would have precluded him from serving in this manner.

I don't take it wrong. I even said that the facts could be wrong. It's not like these websites give real information or do accurate reporting. But he is still a real piece of work weaseling his way in to the top spot and getting the boot at the first chance by the electorate. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he faked his papers and all of this is right.

And it also wouldn't surprise me if this were all just nasty Thai politics.

And for the moment, it looks like he's just reaping what he sowed and if that's the way it is, then he deserves it. And to be honest, I don't give a f about this guy. He'll never be elected to anything more than he is now and he is just <snippin> irrelevant to Thai politics. He should get his hat and head home. Maybe then the party could get its act together. For all the good it did him being born raised and educated in merry ol england he is a complete loser.

Edited by metisdead
: Slang profanity removed.
  • Like 1

I don't take it wrong. I even said that the facts could be wrong. It's not like these websites give real information or do accurate reporting. But he is still a real piece of work weaseling his way in to the top spot and getting the boot at the first chance by the electorate. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he faked his papers and all of this is right.

And for the moment, it looks like he's just reaping what he sowed and if that's the way it is, then he deserves it. And to be honest, I don't give a f about this guy. He'll never be elected to anything more than he is now and he is just frickin irrelevant to Thai politics. He should get his hat and head home. Maybe then the party could get its act together. For all the good it did him being born raised and educated in merry ol england he is a complete loser.

'real piece of', 'weaseling', '<snippin>', 'complete loser'

For someone who proclaims to give a 'f' about Abhisit, you're surely very vocal. At least it looks like that, that is, seemingly only wink.png

• Like 2

And for the moment, it looks like he's just reaping what he sowed and if that's the way it is, then he deserves it. And to be honest, I don't give a f about this guy. He'll never be elected to anything more than he is now and he is just frickin irrelevant to Thai politics. He should get his hat and head home. Maybe then the party could get its act together. For all the good it did him being born raised and educated in merry ol england he is a complete loser.

'real piece of', 'weaseling', 'frickin', 'complete loser'

For someone who proclaims to give a 'f' about Abhisit, you're surely very vocal. At least it looks like that, that is, seemingly only wink.png

not sure you make sense there man. but yeah, he is a complete loser. If he did it and is gonna get reamed for it, then happy days.

But this suing back stuff makes him look like a whiner. OK, I know that thai politics is pretty ugly and petty, but still. There are more important issues to tackle and he should just finally take himself out of the spotlight like he promised after he lost the election. Not that his party would change its colors if he left, but at least they would have a chance.

oh yeah, and "weaseling", he looks like he's champion at that. At least if this army thing is true, it shows that he's been good at it for a da.. long time.

Edited by Hugo6

And the point to realise is that he seems to be a very capable leader of the Opposition. Whether or not he is the leader of a majority Government doesn't detract from his present competence.

Hardly a loser.

Shame the ruling party aren't showing the same competence in parliament. Perhaps the leader of the ruling party is actually 'the loser'

not sure you make sense there man. but yeah, he is a complete loser. If he did it and is gonna get reamed for it, then happy days.

But this suing back stuff makes him look like a whiner. OK, I know that thai politics is pretty ugly and petty, but still. There are more important issues to tackle and he should just finally take himself out of the spotlight like he promised after he lost the election. Not that his party would change its colors if he left, but at least they would have a chance.

oh yeah, and "weaseling", he looks like he's champion at that. At least if this army thing is true, it shows that he's been good at it for a da.. long time.

Well, the nasty remarks were yours in the first place, I just referred to them to highlight your giving 'f' all about Abhisit.

As for the more important issues, you're right. We have the coming censure debate from which k. Abhisit will not let himself be distracted by sneaky maneuvering of the Pheu Thai led government and k. Thaksin relatives.

• Like 1

When did he promise to take himself out of the spotlight.

Sent from my HTC phone.

And the point to realise is that he seems to be a very capable leader of the Opposition. Whether or not he is the leader of a majority Government doesn't detract from his present competence.

Hardly a loser.

Shame the ruling party aren't showing the same competence in parliament. Perhaps the leader of the ruling party is actually 'the loser'

with him at the helm of the opposition do they have ANY chance of coming to power or forming a government (elected, that is)? If you recognize that fact as does the rest of Thailand, then why would you call him an capable leader of the opposition?

And maybe the leader of the ruling party was elected to that post. that's called "the winner" where I come from.

but there is a thread just next door that is about her, and you guys are piling the shi+ on pretty hard for her having a good idea, so head on over and join the party. you outta be welcomed with open arms.

Sent from my HTC phone.

right after the <snip> election. you really don't have google on your pc do you?

Edited by metisdead
: Slang profanity removed. Keep using it and expect a suspension!

Hardly a loser.

with him at the helm of the opposition do they have ANY chance of coming to power or forming a government (elected, that is)? If you recognize that fact as does the rest of Thailand, then why would you call him an capable leader of the opposition?

And maybe the leader of the ruling party was elected to that post. that's called "the winner" where I come from.

but there is a thread just next door that is about her, and you guys are piling the shi+ on pretty hard for her having a good idea, so head on over and join the party. you outta be welcomed with open arms.

Hardly.

You haven't acknowledged he is performing a competent role as leader of the Opposition. Whether he is electable based on this (in your opinion) does not negate what I believe to be true.

My comment about the PM does not warrant your crude and offensive post "piling on the shit". I do not "pile on the shit", I merely post my own views and opinion.

I was merely pointing out that a man performing his role competently cannot be considered "a loser".

In the same way, a PM failing to perform her duties cannot be considered "a winner".

If you want to disagree, feel free, but keep your gutter language where it belongs.

• Like 1

Sent from my HTC phone.

right after the <snippin> election. you really don't have google on your pc do you?

Somehow I think you might be referring to k. Abhisit stepping down as party leader the day after the elections in July 2011 and being re-elected in August that year.

• Like 1

Sent from my HTC phone.

right after the <snip> election. you really don't have google on your pc do you?

I don't have the google that makes things up like you do.

Sent from my HTC phone.

There were millions of voters voted for him through Democrat. That would be disappointing for his supporters if he just gave up like that. I believe they didn't vote for him to give up, especially not to the corrupted, abusive use of public power.

Hardly a loser.

Hardly.

You haven't acknowledged he is performing a competent role as leader of the Opposition. Whether he is electable based on this (in your opinion) does not negate what I believe to be true.

My comment about the PM does not warrant your crude and offensive post "piling on the shit". I do not "pile on the shit", I merely post my own views and opinion.

I was merely pointing out that a man performing his role competently cannot be considered "a loser".

In the same way, a PM failing to perform her duties cannot be considered "a winner".

If you want to disagree, feel free, but keep your gutter language where it belongs.

< < < Inflammatory baiting comments removed, post in a civil manner or don't bother posting > > >

I didn't acknowledge him doing his job competently because I hardly think that he is doing it competently and he is widely recognized as unelectable. If the party doesn't dump him and change their policies and tactics, then they will be losers in the next election too. I personally don't give a flying - you know, gutter language - but maybe his party does. But they voted him right back in, so maybe they don't care about being electable.

As for the current leader of the ruling party, well whatever you want to say is just fine. Don't seem to be any limits about what you can say about her anyway. People write bald faced lies all the time. But that is still in the thread next door... this one is about the whiner filing a lawsuit because an investigation called him out for forging his papers about 3 decades ago.

Edited by metisdead
: Inflammatory comments removed.

< < < Inflammatory baiting comments removed, post in a civil manner or don't bother posting > > >

I didn't acknowledge him doing his job competently because I hardly think that he is doing it competently and he is widely recognized as unelectable. If the party doesn't dump him and change their policies and tactics, then they will be losers in the next election too. I personally don't give a flying - you know, gutter language - but maybe his party does. But they voted him right back in, so maybe they don't care about being electable.

As for the current leader of the ruling party, well whatever you want to say is just fine. Don't seem to be any limits about what you can say about her anyway. People write bald faced lies all the time. But that is still in the thread next door... this one is about the whiner filing a lawsuit because an investigation called him out for forging his papers about 3 decades ago.

Missing is the alleged aspect. Not alleged is the MoD approving to strip k. Abhisit of rank. Also not alleged is the new Pheu Thai leader Charupong asking the Democrats to answer questions about Ahbisit's MP status b4 asking Yingluck no-confidence questions. Of course it is entirely possible you have seen details of the alleged case. If you, would you be so good as to share them with us?

In the mean time it looks like a plot to obstruct and/or remove a dangerous opponent. My allegation that is, no proof, only pointers, including a campaign by people who couldn't give a 'f' about k. Abhisit and are very vocal about that, somewhat rude as well, imagine wink.png

Missing is the alleged aspect. Not alleged is the MoD approving to strip k. Abhisit of rank. Also not alleged is the new Pheu Thai leader Charupong asking the Democrats to answer questions about Ahbisit's MP status b4 asking Yingluck no-confidence questions. Of course it is entirely possible you have seen details of the alleged case. If you, would you be so good as to share them with us?

In the mean time it looks like a plot to obstruct and/or remove a dangerous opponent. My allegation that is, no proof, only pointers, including a campaign by people who couldn't give a 'f' about k. Abhisit and are very vocal about that, somewhat rude as well, imagine wink.png

Of course there is no problem.

A legal move by the Government against an individual, is being challenged by that individual.

It does seem that posters are obsessed by the temerity of that individual to prevent himself being convicted of a crime he doesn't believe he is guilty of.

However, raise the name 'Abhisit' and the flood-gates open.

Edited by Noistar
  • Like 1