Australian Man Falls From 18Th-Storey Balcony At Patong Hotel

webfact

Australian man falls from 18th-storey balcony at Patong hotel

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET BREAKING NEWS: -- An Australian man has been admitted to Patong Hospital for injuries sustained in a fall from an 18th-storey balcony at the Royal Paradise Hotel.

The man, in his late 30s, reportedly fell from the building at about 1pm.

The Phuket Gazette has yet to establish the extent of his injuries.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle19435.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-11-13

That drunk at 1pm?? Wow. Lucky man.

So, you have already ruled out an attempted suicide, or an attempted murder, based on a three sentence news article. You should be a Thai policeman.

C'mon NKM, that was my first thought as well. 1 pm ?? You must admit alcohol might be involved. That's why I posted that 'I hope he pulls through and can tell his story.'

18 floors they should have scrapped him up... but then we do no know either the reason for the fall or if in fact his fall was broken from full impact. If he has head trauma I doubt he will live from a fall of that height. Here's hoping he is okay at any rate. But balcony falls are so common in Thailand - fell, jump, pushed, suicide etc., the hub of balcony deaths.

That drunk at 1pm?? Wow. Lucky man.

So, you have already ruled out an attempted suicide, or an attempted murder, based on a three sentence news article. You should be a Thai policeman.

C'mon NKM, that was my first thought as well. 1 pm ?? You must admit alcohol might be involved. That's why I posted that 'I hope he pulls through and can tell his story.'

Just keeping an open mind LIK.

I have just had a look at The Royal Paradise Hotel website. See below link.

http://www.royalpara....com/index.html

If you have a look at the photos of their rooms, you can see the balcony. Their balconies appear to have a some concrete on the bottom, so you can not roll under the railings (like a young guy supposedly did on Phuket a couple of years ago but at a different hotel) and they have five railings, not the very unsafe knee high railings that some of the hotels here have. It appears that you would have to "climb" these railing to get over them, rather than overbalance with your bodyweight and fall off. Of course, we don't know if this type of balcony was the balcony attached to his particular room.

Sure, alcohol could be a factor. I don't rule anything out. Would we think there is more chance alcohol would be a factor if it was 5am instead of 1pm or 5pm in the day????

What about drugs?

What about depression?

What about foul play?

Maybe he was just diving into the pool from his balcony, 18 floors up. Who knows?

Just keeping an open mind until more information, which is HOPEFULLY the truth, comes to light.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

being reported more in depth in the other ' Phuket ' newspaper, seems he hit the second floor awning, and only ended up with broken arms and legs, plus a few ribs, but no obvious serious head injury by the pictures shown, also noted he wasnt or appeared drunk, but in a distressed state...

being reported more in depth in the other ' Phuket ' newspaper, seems he hit the second floor awning, and only ended up with broken arms and legs, plus a few ribs, but no obvious serious head injury by the pictures shown, also noted he wasnt or appeared drunk, but in a distressed state...

He was either extremely lucky or extremely unlucky depending on whose point of view you are taking.