Old Croc Thread

khall64au

I always wanted to restle a crocodile, ther are more of them in Florida than in Australia alone.

As for sharks, they dont scare me but i wouldn't want to be alone in the sea on a broken waverunner with a cut on my toe, understand? :o:D

just as a point of interest all main beaches on the gold coast were closed yesterday literally hundreds of hammerhead sharks and bronze whalers chasing bait fish, quite spectacular film on the news , large hammerheads swimming within 10 metres of beach!! nignoy

Salties are dangerous, but do they have them in Thailand? Freshies will go the other way if a human is in the water....

As for sharks....who's seen any figures? Why should it be any different from Oz?

BTW you are much more likely to be killed by a falling coconut than shark attack....

It is different to Oz because of the over fishing here and desire for shark fin soup especially. Oz has very strict enforcable regulations and fishing zones, most of Asia does not.

I beleive they do still find the odd saltwater croc around, usually small as anything bigger gets hunted perhaps or just plain killed for the safety of the village. I did read about an area where there are still a few. Also you have to wonder what happens to all these baby crocs that are sold at JatuJuk markets once they get to big for the foot square aquarium they bought for them.

Krocs in the Klongs.

Agree freshies do run the other way, but there are exceptions and a few have bitten people in certain circumstances.

Agree on the coconut theory for sure.